Need An Opinion Regards Vitamin A Topical / Oral

Hello from Slovakia,

I read your forum for 1 month and I find it extremely interesting, regards vitamin A, I do suffer from cystic acne, yet to this day nothing changed the game.

I even have hairloss, severe.

I wonder if there is any link between these and my oily skin. What do you think guys ?

Can you suggest me a good form of Vitamin A ? I read a few over the internet that retinil palmitate is good but acetate is a purer form and gives purest results. What do you think ?

Also here in slovakia there is a huge community of crazy women who put everything on their skin, they swear by retinoids (A derivates) that keeps them young or something. Any opinion on this one, do retinoids really work, any studies done on this or have you had results with topical vitamin a regards aging ?

Thanks

gaze

Yes but I prefer to take some supplement as it would cost me less

supplement is super risky because the vitamin A in liver is accompanied with adequate vitamin E to protect against it. Beef liver is usually pretty cheap and you only need a little bit of it maybe once a week. Also cystic acne is usually a sign of something else that’s wrong besides vitamin A. what does your diet look like

OP
R
what do you mean against it ? why would vitamin a be risky ?

well the only things tha helped me with acne is no dairy, less sugar and no sunflower oil

Soren

Forum Supporter
Estroban from idea labs has a mix of A, d, k and e. Also health natura has good vitamin a products.

OP
R
I tried d 3
k2 mk4
E all forms

But not Vitamin A,

I just wanted an advice on vitamin A, what form is the best for oily skin and hairloss ?

Acetate ? palmitate ? or the others ?

Angel45

I had to quit my prescription Vitamin A retinoid cream. I found that it did the opposite of what it's suppose to do. It gave me cystic acne , dry skin, wrinkles, burning tearing eyes along with feeling off. Stick to beef liver for safety, I'm lazy and just take freeze dried beef liver powder. I'm using OTC 10% benzo peroxide to keep skin clear along with as much as possible PUFA avoidance. PUFA avoidance has given me the best results.

OP
R
I had to quit my prescription Vitamin A retinoid cream. I found that it did the opposite of what it's suppose to do. It gave me cystic acne , dry skin, wrinkles, burning tearing eyes along with feeling off. Stick to beef liver for safety, I'm lazy and just take freeze dried beef liver powder. I'm using OTC 10% benzo peroxide to keep skin clear along with as much as possible PUFA avoidance. PUFA avoidance has given me the best results.

BROTHER PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR THAT !! IT GAVE ME NASOLABIAL FOLDS in 2 years of use and I look 10 years older now,

mix that to the times I drank coffee I looked older and older, I `m FIRE sure it was the peroxide benzoyl who aged my skin dramatically ! Avoid that at all costs , it's poison for the skin !!

Thanks for the A retinoids suggestion aswell

I will buy acetate, anyone has experience with it ?

I take the acetate version every evening because I cannot buy lamb liver now. I quite like it and have no problems with it but I also have D, E, and K.

For improving skin A used to work, then D (but ridiculously high amounts), and nowadays E, in the form alpha tocopherol, works to clear the face most reliably and quickly. Gamma tocopherol doesn't seem to have this benefit.

To reduce oily skin, you could try B5. Just don't take so much that you lose your hair.