Need advice regarding my neighbor

joaquin

I have a neighbor down below me for which I need some advice. Starting seven to nine months ago, several days a week, this man has been spraying some LYSOL profusely. It wafts up to my apartment because the place is old and drafty. The man is spraying LOTS OF Lysol and it is so strong, so overbearing, I can taste it right now! What should I say to this man? He has never been a problem.

Vileplume

I bet if he knew it bothered you, that it affected you at all, he’d gladly reduce his use.

Try “hey, I’ve been smelling a lot of Lysol in my apartment lately and it’s beginning to become overbearing since this place is so old. Do you think you could use a little less?”

He will probably use a lot less.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Since the place is old maybe he using a lot because he thinks it will kill any mold that might be there. You might approach him about why he is using it as if you think maybe you need to, also.

OP
joaquin

joaquin

He's a nice older man. He was in the vietnam war when it was ending. Maybe if I played some credence clearwater revival that would help bring the conversation forward.

OP
joaquin

joaquin

I am going to do that today.

Mossy

Air purifiers are pretty effective. Many these days will provide you with the small and large particle readings; and some will filter VOCs (volatile organic compounds); though maybe Lysol is not that caustic. They can get pricey, but I've found a brand that offers what I'd consider the best functionality for the price. Just let me know if you're interested.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals