Need Advice! Cancer Diagnosis

rei

Sorry for not getting back to everyone - I’m home from a two night stay in the hospital after having my tumor, salivary gland and many lymph nodes removed. All visible signs of cancer were removed with no permanent damage to facial muscles or nerves. Thank you to everyone that sent well wishes and prayers!
The margins were well defined and they said the tumor hadn’t grown since my first MRI 2 1/2 months prior. That could be because of the slow growing nature of this type of cancer or possibly the supplements and meds I was taking.
I had upped my frequency of Fenbendazole and tetracycline while continuing on with Berberine and Curcumin. I was taking 100k iu’s Vit A and grams of Urea — even spraying it on my neck (per Dr. Peat).
One thing that that should be noted is that my liver Enzymes (ALT & AST) we’re extremely high when they did pre-op blood tests a week prior. After discontinuing all supplements, including Cascara Sagrada, the enzyme levels went back to normal. With that said, another MRI showed a hemangioma and benign cyst on my liver. They could have been there before - I’ve never had my liver imaged before. Unknown whether the Fenben or supplements were damaging my liver, but it’s worth keeping an eye on.
I was able to get a prescription to have my root canal removed by my ENT during the parotidectomy surgery. When I asked her if it was infected she said yes, there was a lot of grey granular material (necrotic pulp) and a large cavity (abscess?) above that almost entered the nasal cavity! Coincidentally, the salivary gland duct (the gland where the tumor was) touched the infected root canal tooth!
I’m at home now. I’ll go back tomorrow to get my drain tube removed and then I’ll talk to my new doctor and oncologist at the Block Center for Integrated Cancer Care outside of Chicago. They believe in augmenting standard care with alternatives like repurposed and off label drugs, cancer fighting supplements, specific dietary changes, exercises that improve recovery time, and stress relief exercises.
Hard part will be melding this and Dr. Peats work together.
Coincidentally?

Some sources say nearly all root canals are infected, no matter if it is detected on examination or exray. If you have others have them removed as well, otherwise you might see recurrence with a vengeance, there are topics about this outcome. Removing the cause (all tooth infections) can probably prevent recurrence.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Since I had already been doing Fenbendazole I started with the Doxycycline along with Metformin and Atorvastatin for the first month. The Doxycycline will be switched with Mebendazole next month
Glad to hear that @Obi-wan. I have a follow-up at the Block Center in a week or two. They are awaiting the results of hormone panel (saliva over the course of a day, so presumably cortisol). Once those are in they will create a plan. I mentioned the “how to starve cancer” book and he was well aware of Jane McClelland. However, he didn’t seem to be a huge fan of her “everything but the kitchen sink” approach. I guess I’ll find out just what their app
Coincidentally?

Some sources say nearly all root canals are infected, no matter if it is detected on examination or exray. If you have others have them removed as well, otherwise you might see recurrence with a vengeance, there are topics about this outcome. Removing the cause (all tooth infections) can probably prevent recurrence.

No coincidence in my mind. Luckily, that is the only root canal I had.

achillea

I met a 70+ year old man in the waiting room of Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt's waiting room who told me a wild story. He had been told by the Cleveland Cancer Institute that his cancer was beyond the beyond and that he needed to put his affairs in order. As is so often said he had 3-6 months to live. he did as he was told and was just waiting to die
Some how he heard about Klinghardt and flew to Seattle Washington to see him. During the exam he was told he needed to have a few of his teeth removed and a thorough examination of his mouth.
The dentist he was referred to decided one tooth need to be removed. He took it out and then decided it was the one next to it that was the bad one.
When they removed the tooth he said the entire room immediately filled up with this awful odor that made everyone gag. They actually left the room to get fresh air before they could continue.
By the time they had cleanied the socket appropriately and severied the ligament, he was feeling better. Over night he improved.

My visit with him was 5 months later as he had no sign of cancer and was on his way to Tibet to do some sort of hunting.

LucyL

I wish you a healthy recovery. May I ask you what your diet has been like? Have you been keeping PUFAs under 4 grams per day or were you less strict?

I question if anyone can actually keep PUFA under 4 grams a day, and eat any sort of varied diet at all :-( Do you? If so, How?

Waremu

I question if anyone can actually keep PUFA under 4 grams a day, and eat any sort of varied diet at all :-( Do you? If so, How?

It’s actually quite possible, as long as you use organ meets and certain foods like oysters and low fat high quality milk. I get well over my RDA for all nutrients at 2.5-3 grams of PUFA. Eat no more than one egg per day and/or use beef liver in place of eggs. Fresh milk, liver (and maybe even some beef kidney), orange & pineapple juice, coffee, oysters, spinach/beets, gelatin, and some lean red meats will give pretty much all the nutrients you need while keeping PUFA below 4 grams. 2-3 quarts of milk, an ounce of liver, 1-2 oysters, 1-2 quarts fresh orange juice and 1-2 cups fresh pineapple juice, etc. Milk (if it agrees with you) and liver and some meat will give you your choline and you can use beets or spinach to get betaine in place of eggs to cut down on the PUFA. If you don’t do well on milk, beef kidney is a good source of choline and cod/beef is as well, and don’t add much extra PUFA. Orange and pineapple juice and liver give you your folate. Zinc, copper is met daily. Below is an example and you meet all your nutrition needs with only hitting 2.4 grams PUFA. You could throw in an egg and more meat and still be well below 4 grams if you want. I’d you eat starchea, are white rice and some potatoes and you’re still below 4 grams. This is quite a ‘varied’ diet. Fruits, meats, some sea food, dairy, organs, etc. It’s possible but one just has to get creative enough and not be picky if they’re serious about keeping PUFA low.

Attachments

• A6F90FF2-952E-4374-88C3-C4388F8C1BEA.png
    A6F90FF2-952E-4374-88C3-C4388F8C1BEA.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Cirion

I'm at under 4 gram pufa even with 4000-5000 calories.

Beef, grapes, maple syrup, some potatoes, gelatin, orange juice, honey, Mexican colas, oranges, coffee... these are most of my staples.

Inaut

@Cirion same diet hommes with the addition of milk, honey, dates, chocolates and lemons/limes.

LucyL

Thanks for sharing that, I appreciate the how-to ideas. Your calcium / phosphorous ratio is upside down though, not terrible, but not high (1.3 or 1.4:1) which is also needed for cancer, according to Peat.

Texon

@Cirion same diet hommes with the addition of milk, honey, dates, chocolates and lemons/limes.
@Cirion Guys we need to be really careful with all this sugar. Dr. Derrick Lonsdale, MD, a well known expert on vitamin therapy and thiamine deficiency diseases, has a lot of information at www.hormonesmatter.com about this subject. Here is an example response to a question posed by one reader:
Derrick Lonsdale says:
April 18, 2019 at 1:22 pm

What an interesting post!!! Beriberi begins with sensory neuropathy in legs, gradually ascending. Motor neuropathy follows the same path later. Severe cramps strongly suggests magnesium deficiency as well as thiamin. Stiff legs suggests the “Stiff man syndrome”, a brain defect Acid reflux,abdominal pain and hip all can occur with thiamin deficiency. In spite of “brain lesions”, doctors said that ” whatever it is won’t kill you”. Beriberi has a long morbidity and a low mortality rate, so I agree. Notice improvement in falling, balance, muscle pain, acid reflux, flexibility and weight gain, all symptoms of energy deficiency. Your brother had “water on the heart”,energy deficiency and neuropathy, absolutely typical of beriberi. Notice the obvious genetics. I would be willing to bet that this is a genetically determined defect in one or more thiamine transporters. I presume that MRI studies revealed the brain lesions and this suggests a manifestation of thiamin/biotin basal ganglion disease. For this reason, add a suplement of biotin as well as magnesium. Your weight of 240 # is a major clue. All affected relatives should regard sugar in any form as virtually a poison. It is widely responsible for a huge amount of disease. I recommend my book ” A Nutritional Approach to a Revised Model for Disease” available from Amazon books.

Texon

@haidut @Cirion @Philomath @Obi-wan All, here is some more info that may be interesting...it makes me wonder how Dr. Peat's thiamine status might be.

Beriberi is Alive and Well in America - Hormones Matter

Just last week, we published a case of classic beriberi in a 23 year old man, and now, yet another case comes to our attention. Most in the medical profession are under the false impression that beriberi, thiamine deficiency, has been eradicated in Western cultures. It has not. In fact, a number of factors in modern Western culture have aligned to make thiamine sufficiency more precarious than ever. High calorie malnutrition and toxicant exposures are top among them. For a detailed look at thiamine deficiency in modern cultures, see our new book: Thiamine Deficiency Disease, Dysautonomia, and High Calorie Malnutrition.

Obi-wan

Cancer eradication is a different mindset than cancer prevention. Once you have cancer Metformin is useful as it stops complex 1 of the ETC. If I did not have cancer I would not use it. Plus I am using it with other repurposed drugs like Atorvastatin, Doxycycline, and Mebendazole. The Care Oncology Clinic calls this there signature cocktail. Chemo gives me a lot of heartburn so I use Baking soda for relief.

somuch4food

@Cirion Guys we need to be really careful with all this sugar. Dr. Derrick Lonsdale, MD, a well known expert on vitamin therapy and thiamine deficiency diseases, has a lot of information at www.hormonesmatter.com about this subject. Here is an example response to a question posed by one reader:
Derrick Lonsdale says:
April 18, 2019 at 1:22 pm

What an interesting post!!! Beriberi begins with sensory neuropathy in legs, gradually ascending. Motor neuropathy follows the same path later. Severe cramps strongly suggests magnesium deficiency as well as thiamin. Stiff legs suggests the “Stiff man syndrome”, a brain defect Acid reflux,abdominal pain and hip all can occur with thiamin deficiency. In spite of “brain lesions”, doctors said that ” whatever it is won’t kill you”. Beriberi has a long morbidity and a low mortality rate, so I agree. Notice improvement in falling, balance, muscle pain, acid reflux, flexibility and weight gain, all symptoms of energy deficiency. Your brother had “water on the heart”,energy deficiency and neuropathy, absolutely typical of beriberi. Notice the obvious genetics. I would be willing to bet that this is a genetically determined defect in one or more thiamine transporters. I presume that MRI studies revealed the brain lesions and this suggests a manifestation of thiamin/biotin basal ganglion disease. For this reason, add a suplement of biotin as well as magnesium. Your weight of 240 # is a major clue. All affected relatives should regard sugar in any form as virtually a poison. It is widely responsible for a huge amount of disease. I recommend my book ” A Nutritional Approach to a Revised Model for Disease” available from Amazon books.

Thank you for sharing this. I do see a correlation between my added sugar consumption and symptoms worsening and it's not the first time I see it could very well relate to thiamine. I will look into this.

Texon

Thank you for sharing this. I do see a correlation between my added sugar consumption and symptoms worsening and it's not the first time I see it could very well relate to thiamine. I will look into this.
Glad to do it. I also have this issue. It popped up over 5 years ago when a Nutreval blood test showed my thiamine in the red zone. I forget the actual number, but it was really low, and I was losing weight at the time with all sorts of mood and other issues. My functional medicine doc completely missed it, and I did too as it was not on anyone's radar screen. I am taking benfotiamine and regular thiamine hcl currently. I tend to forget to do so and wind up paying the price with symptoms returning slowly but surely.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Guys,
I’m starting radiation treatment tomorrow. I delayed a week debating and looking at risks vs. rewards. If I can avoid hearing loss and decrease In saliva production I should be ok. Still, I don’t like the idea of 60 grey of radiation but there are ways to mitigate the side effects.
The scientific journals are split on whether antioxidants are helpful or harmful. Older data says high doses of antioxidants may prevent the oxidation needed to damage cancer cell DNA. My main oncologist blieves it ok to take some antioxidants, just not megadoses of things like vitamin E or C.
So vitamin E, progesterone, vitamin C and others supplements can reduce excitation and inflammation- thereby reducing the risk of hearing nerve damage, salivary gland destruction - making the extremely beneficial.
The director of the Care Oncology Clinic/USA, suggested taking higher doses on the days off (weekends) to augment the body’s repair process. I believe I will take Tocovit, progesterone, baking soda/acetazolamide, Cardinosine/ATP on the weekend... if anyone has additional suggestions I’d appreciate it.

Similar to the antioxidants, Infrared light therapy (photobiomodulation) is being tested and recognized as a beneficial treatment for post radiation oral mucositis. However, it seems to me that it can be considerably more useful. That said, much of the literature out there warns of photobiomodulation as potentially disrupting the oxidation process.
Dr. Peat mentioned to someone that red light should be administered within an hour after exposure. Should the light exposure happen right after treatment or on the weekends?
I plan on taking the usual during the week, niacinamide, Vit K, aspirin, maybe inosine and a few other. Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !
@haidut @Blossom @Inaut @tankasnowgod @burtlancast @danishispsychic @charlie

tara

Hi Philomath,

Not sure what I'd be doing in your shoes - other than looking at risks etc as you have been.

Once through this radiation phase, you will have the radiation to recover from as well as the surgery, any remains from the oral infection, and any remains of cancer itself, so worth throwing a bit into that, I expect. During the treatment, you may feel pretty tired.
May their aim be good.

Along with considering all the other suggestions people have made upthread, once past radiation, I'd might be looking at and considering one or more of:
Koch's work
Gershon's diet for a period of recovery. (Mostly nutrient-rich plant foods, with some quite specific recommendations.)
Possibly some short fasts
Checking base metabolism by body temps, and if dropped, consider cautious restoration with T3/NDT
Panquinone
Lapachon (eg Lapodin)
Checking breathing habits and practicing some breath calming exercises daily for a while to maintain CO2
Dry CO2 baths
Checking UpH a few times, and checking mineral and vitamin input - aiming to get all the micros, and for
Remember to keep gut transit moving, either with diet or supps if necessary - eg cascara sagrada or MG or vit C

Take care

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Hi Philomath,

Not sure what I'd be doing in your shoes - other than looking at risks etc as you have been.

Once through this radiation phase, you will have the radiation to recover from as well as the surgery, any remains from the oral infection, and any remains of cancer itself, so worth throwing a bit into that, I expect. During the treatment, you may feel pretty tired.
May their aim be good.

Along with considering all the other suggestions people have made upthread, once past radiation, I'd might be looking at and considering one or more of:
Koch's work
Gershon's diet for a period of recovery. (Mostly nutrient-rich plant foods, with some quite specific recommendations.)
Possibly some short fasts
Checking base metabolism by body temps, and if dropped, consider cautious restoration with T3/NDT
Panquinone
Lapachon (eg Lapodin)
Checking breathing habits and practicing some breath calming exercises daily for a while to maintain CO2
Dry CO2 baths
Checking UpH a few times, and checking mineral and vitamin input - aiming to get all the micros, and for
Remember to keep gut transit moving, either with diet or supps if necessary - eg cascara sagrada or MG or vit C

Take care
Thanks @tara. I have changed my diet to be more plant based. I lost a lot of weight in the beginning because I didn’t know what to eat! I’m still a bit uncertain when it comes to protein-
Research by Koch & Gershon say no meat or dairy and eliminating specific amino acids if possible. Whereas Dr. Peat would recommend low fat milk and some eggs. I don’t think beans are good (high fiber, low digestibility and difficult to digest protein) So I’m eating more tuna, whey powder and chickpeas. I’d like to go back to grass fed milk if someone could confirm it’s ok.
I’m probably going to supplement the radiation therapy with the Care Oncology protocol, which is Metformin, Mebendazole, a statin and Doxycycline. After reading Dr. Peats and @haidut posts about Metformin and Statins, I’ll probably eliminate Metformin and lower glucose naturally. I’ll also substitute aspirin for statins too. To this, I’ll add curcumin, VitC, CBD oil, some quinones and other supplements.

My integrative doc recommends specific exercise and relaxation as well.

My immediate concern is how to lessen the overall systemic, and bystander effects of radiation without preventing the radiation from doing its job.
Thanks again

LucyL

As I recall, aspirin should be taken before exposure (like a half hour or so), and is the one thing that is repeatedly mentioned (on KMUD interviews) about mitigating the systemic effects of radiation. I'm not doing radiation, but use aspirin and I've found the topical application of Vit K (Thorne Research K2) to be more effective at reducing bruising than the oral route was, for me anyway.

I'm doing the total Care Oncology protocol; despite the negative outlook on the metformin/statin, my plan is to do the whole shebang for a couple years - and then look at subbing other substances for the Metformin and Atorvastatin. There is synergism between the components, and in my case, there is also synergism with those substances and the aromatase inhibitors I take for the breast cancer. In the meantime, I use strategies to mitigate their negative effects - like baking soda and MB to offset the lactic acid increase from the Metformin; and Vit D and increased dietary cholesterol for the statin; progesterone ad magnesium to offset the AIs. Mitigation is sure an area of ongoing research.

Jane McClelland titled her book "how to starve cancer without starving yourself" and then proceeded to tell how to starve yourself with a low sugar, low fat and low protein diet ;-) but I'm taking her title at face value - I don't think the cocktail works simply by its reduction of glucose levels or cholesterol levels (in fact those may be negative side effects), it is other direct effects on cell metabolism that make it effective. So I'm trying to use diet to repair cell metabolism, by going very low PUFA and keeping the Calcium/Phosphorus ratio high. Those two dietary goals in combination are quite tricky enough.

Like you I also lost a lot of weight while sorting out a dietary approach, and my natural DO recommended an anti-inflammatory diet which I found married quite well with the goals of clean protein, low PUFA and low phosphorus. In other words low grain (quinoa etc is ok but I soak them before eating and consume small amounts only), potatoes (especially sweet potatoes) and squashes are good, leafy greens like beet, turnip etc especially well cooked, low fat chicken or beef as long as it's grass fed. Fruits are ok, eggs are ok, milk is ok as long as it is also organic (everything should be organic as much as possible). I use Great Lakes gelatin quite a bit for protein and eat liver once a week. And oh yeah, coffee and tea because Caffeine protects against radiation

@Waremu had a helpful post here on keeping PUFA low, the tricky part is balancing it with keeping calcium up.

tankasnowgod

My main oncologist blieves it ok to take some antioxidants, just not megadoses of things like vitamin E or C.
@haidut @Blossom @Inaut @tankasnowgod @burtlancast @danishispsychic @charlie

Well, I don't know what your oncologist considers a "megadose," but Linus Pauling and Ewan Cameron showed that 10 grams of Vitamin C a day can dramatically increase survival rates (up to 300 days on average), and this dose was administered during and after conventional treatment, and continued indefinitely. Despite propaganda otherwise, nothing resembling good science has ever refuted this. In fact, one study that supposedly "refutes" their claim only showed increased mortality after Vitamin C supplementation was halted. I would search out their study if truly interested, and also note Pauling discusses the results of this study and reaction in "How To Feel Better and Live Longer."

I will also say that I have seen some excellent case studies using IV vitamin C in higher doses. Here are some studies you may wish to review-

Retrospective Evaluation of Clinical Experience With Intravenous Ascorbic Acid in Patients With Cancer. - PubMed - NCBI

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

Intravenous vitamin C in the supportive care of cancer patients: a review and rational approach. - PubMed - NCBI

Intravenous vitamin C in the supportive care of cancer patients: a review and rational approach | Klimant | Current Oncology

Treatment of pancreatic cancer with intravenous vitamin C: a case report. - PubMed - NCBI

You may also wish to review this video from Thomas Levy, where he discusses how to talk about safe therapies like Vitamin C with your doctor. While your Oncologist may not be interested in the treatment at all, if you can prove that it is cheap and safe (and that is true on both accounts, regardless of any other treatment), it doesn't make any sense for them to deny it to you, and they may be putting themselves in legal jeopardy-

Lastly, out of curiosity..... did they ever run a full iron panel with ferritin?