Need Advice! Cancer Diagnosis

papaya

Many take it on a maintenance program once a month 3 days on 4 days off
thank you. wishing you so much luck on your new program & sending positive energy your way! i'm a lil confused on the maintenance. is it 3 days on 4 days off for a month? 2 wks? did you mean doing maintenance for 1 month once a yr? also, what dose?

Obi-wan

thank you. wishing you so much luck on your new program & sending positive energy your way! i'm a lil confused on the maintenance. is it 3 days on 4 days off for a month? 2 wks? did you mean doing maintenance for 1 month once a yr? also, what dose?
Panacur C comes in 1 gram packets. Take 1 per day for 3 days then do once per month

LucyL

Just received my COC Cocktail this morning after my video consult on Tuesday. Will start with Doxycycline the first month since I was doing Fenbendazole for the last 60 days. The Mebendazole is in Crystalline Form C ( I wonder if this is a more absorbable form and better absorbed than Fenbendazole) So starve the cancer for the next 30 days and next month go for the kill with Mebendazole..

The Care Oncology Clinic (COC) uses 4 core drugs, Atorvastatin, Metformin, Doxycycline, and Mebendazole along with supplements.

Do they suggest high dose C with the doxy?

LucyL

I was just diagnosed with Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma in the salivary gland recently. Naturally, the doc wants to remove the salivary mass and lymph node below (in both). What are realistic options now? I can deal with surgery (unless they need to cut the major facial nerve on that side) but I’m concerned about the preliminary chest X-ray and PET scan, along with radiation after.

Interestingly enough, it’s on the same side and close to the tooth I had a root canal in back in 2012. Obviously I’m looking for explanations since I’m in good health otherwise.
Any protocols that I should investigate? I appreciate all the input!

@burtlancast @Blossom
@charlie @haidut

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I know first hand ( breast cancer dx earlier this year) it can be jarring. I totally second Obi-wan's recommendation of Jane McClelland's book. It gave so much perspective to the whole puzzle, and I understood Ray's writings on cancer better after I read it. Funny though, on her Facebook page she says she'll ban anyone who advocates Ray Peat! Because of sugar...

Other resources I've used are Bill Sardi Knowledge of Health website; Cancer Free, are you sure? a book by Jenny Hrbacek;. There are some others I can't find right now, but I'll post them when I come across them in the next few days.

Texon

View attachment 13264

This is the Prostate metabolism map
One of my sons who is in his 3rd year of med school at UT Houston wondered how old you are. I'm not asking per see, he just wondered because apparently auto
I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I know first hand ( breast cancer dx earlier this year) it can be jarring. I totally second Obi-wan's recommendation of Jane McClelland's book. It gave so much perspective to the whole puzzle, and I understood Ray's writings on cancer better after I read it. Funny though, on her Facebook page she says she'll ban anyone who advocates Ray Peat! Because of sugar...

Other resources I've used are Bill Sardi Knowledge of Health website; Cancer Free, are you sure? a book by Jenny Hrbacek;. There are some others I can't find right now, but I'll post them when I come across them in the next few days.
@Obi-wan Sorry my post was incomplete...my son was making a point that many men over 50 have prostate cancer and never know it, only coming to light upon autopsy after death from other causes....anyway, @LucyL ...have you seen this yet?
https://www.mycancerstory.rocks

postman

I was just diagnosed with Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma in the salivary gland recently. Naturally, the doc wants to remove the salivary mass and lymph node below (in both). What are realistic options now? I can deal with surgery (unless they need to cut the major facial nerve on that side) but I’m concerned about the preliminary chest X-ray and PET scan, along with radiation after.

Interestingly enough, it’s on the same side and close to the tooth I had a root canal in back in 2012. Obviously I’m looking for explanations since I’m in good health otherwise.
Any protocols that I should investigate? I appreciate all the input!

@burtlancast @Blossom
@charlie @haidut
I wish you a healthy recovery. May I ask you what your diet has been like? Have you been keeping PUFAs under 4 grams per day or were you less strict?

LucyL

One of my sons who is in his 3rd year of med school at UT Houston wondered how old you are. I'm not asking per see, he just wondered because apparently auto

@Obi-wan Sorry my post was incomplete...my son was making a point that many men over 50 have prostate cancer and never know it, only coming to light upon autopsy after death from other causes....anyway, @LucyL ...have you seen this yet?
https://www.mycancerstory.rocks
Yes, and I think McClellands book explains why some people don't seem to have success with single treatments, and when you mention them to the oncologist, they say "interesting, but it didn't pan out". Well, duh. If you don't cover all the metabolic pathways you cancer can adapt too, it will make the treatment look ineffective. This guy was fortunate this drug in combination probably with his other therapies worked really well.

Texon

Yes, and I think McClellands book explains why some people don't seem to have success with single treatments, and when you mention them to the oncologist, they say "interesting, but it didn't pan out". Well, duh. If you don't cover all the metabolic pathways you cancer can adapt too, it will make the treatment look ineffective. This guy was fortunate this drug in combination probably with his other therapies worked really well.
The deworming med appears to have general application to all kinds of cancers. Mr. Tippens found out about it after a large animal vet told him about a Merck scientist that cured herself of stg 4 brain cancer in 6 weeks. I think it impacts all 3 sides of the triangle, but I'll have to look again.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Sorry for not getting back to everyone - I’m home from a two night stay in the hospital after having my tumor, salivary gland and many lymph nodes removed. All visible signs of cancer were removed with no permanent damage to facial muscles or nerves. Thank you to everyone that sent well wishes and prayers!
The margins were well defined and they said the tumor hadn’t grown since my first MRI 2 1/2 months prior. That could be because of the slow growing nature of this type of cancer or possibly the supplements and meds I was taking.
I had upped my frequency of Fenbendazole and tetracycline while continuing on with Berberine and Curcumin. I was taking 100k iu’s Vit A and grams of Urea — even spraying it on my neck (per Dr. Peat).
One thing that that should be noted is that my liver Enzymes (ALT & AST) we’re extremely high when they did pre-op blood tests a week prior. After discontinuing all supplements, including Cascara Sagrada, the enzyme levels went back to normal. With that said, another MRI showed a hemangioma and benign cyst on my liver. They could have been there before - I’ve never had my liver imaged before. Unknown whether the Fenben or supplements were damaging my liver, but it’s worth keeping an eye on.
I was able to get a prescription to have my root canal removed by my ENT during the parotidectomy surgery. When I asked her if it was infected she said yes, there was a lot of grey granular material (necrotic pulp) and a large cavity (abscess?) above that almost entered the nasal cavity! Coincidentally, the salivary gland duct (the gland where the tumor was) touched the infected root canal tooth!
I’m at home now. I’ll go back tomorrow to get my drain tube removed and then I’ll talk to my new doctor and oncologist at the Block Center for Integrated Cancer Care outside of Chicago. They believe in augmenting standard care with alternatives like repurposed and off label drugs, cancer fighting supplements, specific dietary changes, exercises that improve recovery time, and stress relief exercises.
Hard part will be melding this and Dr. Peats work together.

LucyL

Sorry for not getting back to everyone - I’m home from a two night stay in the hospital after having my tumor, salivary gland and many lymph nodes removed. All visible signs of cancer were removed with no permanent damage to facial muscles or nerves. Thank you to everyone that sent well wishes and prayers!

Glad to hear things are going well so far. I agree that melding anything coming out of the Block Center with Peat will be rather problematic, based on the book "Life Over Cancer" from Block that I am currently reading. He basically presents saturated fats as the worst of evils, meat and dairy are second worst :): Still, like anything learning about strategies that have worked successfully is instructive, and asking the questions "Why" did that work when it seems so wrong, and "How" does it stack up to modern research can only lead to more learning. Of course, the book was written in 2009, so perhaps they have modified their approaches since then.

Inaut

@Philomath glad to hear all went well with the operation. keep the positive vibes going. You are truly strong individual and much like @Obi-wan, I'm glad to share this space (albeit digitial) with the likes of you.

I know i sound like a broken record but I think everybody should be rebounding, with or undiagnosed (sad reality of the world we live in these days) with cancer.

love yall

walterex

The Care Oncology Clinic prescribes Mebendozole which I think is very similar to Fenbendazole. Had my 1 hour video conference with Dr Daniel Thomas. Now waiting for the drugs to ship to me. Remember cancer is smart, we have to be smarter...
Obi-wan how did you go with Mebendazole, love to hear your experience, thanks, Rex

D

danishispsychic

Just chiming in on Fenben- I went through several rounds of Panacure ( horse wormer - it is Fenben) last year when I was working on parasites. When taking it- possibly consider taking some extra carrot salad/ coconut oil or like me castor oil because it does detox you and you of course want to keep things moving . Happy healing Obi-Wan - sending vibes -

Obi-wan

The margins were well defined and they said the tumor hadn’t grown since my first MRI 2 1/2 months prior. That could be because of the slow growing nature of this type of cancer or possibly the supplements and meds I was taking.
I had upped my frequency of Fenbendazole and tetracycline while continuing on with Berberine and Curcumin. I was taking 100k iu’s Vit A and grams of Urea — even spraying it on my neck (per Dr. Peat).
One thing that that should be noted is that my liver Enzymes (ALT & AST) we’re extremely high when they did pre-op blood tests a week prior. After discontinuing all supplements, including Cascara Sagrada, the enzyme levels went back to normal. With that said, another MRI showed a hemangioma and benign cyst on my liver. They could have been there before - I’ve never had my liver imaged before. Unknown whether the Fenben or supplements were damaging my liver, but it’s worth keeping an eye on.
I was able to get a prescription to have my root canal removed by my ENT during the parotidectomy surgery. When I asked her if it was infected she said yes, there was a lot of grey granular material (necrotic pulp) and a large cavity (abscess?) above that almost entered the nasal cavity! Coincidentally, the salivary gland duct (the gland where the tumor was) touched the infected root canal tooth!
I’m at home now. I’ll go back tomorrow to get my drain tube removed and then I’ll talk to my new doctor and oncologist at the Block Center for Integrated Cancer Care outside of Chicago. They believe in augmenting standard care with alternatives like repurposed and off label drugs, cancer fighting supplements, specific dietary changes, exercises that improve recovery time, and stress relief exercises.
Hard part will be melding this and Dr. Peats work together.

Hey @Philomath. glad to hear from you. I started the Care Oncology Clinic protocol last Thursday.

Obi-wan

Obi-wan how did you go with Mebendazole, love to hear your experience, thanks, Rex

Since I had already been doing Fenbendazole I started with the Doxycycline along with Metformin and Atorvastatin for the first month. The Doxycycline will be switched with Mebendazole next month