Need a practitioner/doctor

answersfound

I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know how to read my symptoms/progress. I don't know how to dose desiccated thyroid. I am really struggling with this. I need to find someone to help me figure this out. I am not a doctor. Does anyone know who could be of help to me other than Josh Rubin? (He doesn't advise using thyroid meds)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can only personally recommend http://www.biochemnordic.com because Benedicte is the only Peat style practitioner I've worked with as a paying client.
A couple others that I think may provide one on one services are Danny Roddy and http://www.functionalps.com. At one time Matt Stone had a ND that did consultations but I'm not sure if that is still available or how Peat inspired his approach might be.
Those are just a few ideas that might be worth looking into. Some people will do an initial 15-20 minute session for free. Hopefully others will chime in with more suggestions.

narouz

lookingforanswers said:
Does anyone know who could be of help to me other than Josh Rubin? (He doesn't advise using thyroid meds)

That's interesting.
I don't know his stuff well--
just listened to him interview Peat.

The anti-thyroid supplementation...hmmm...
I'm open to it.
Just recently Such Saturation posted his view
that T3 (and I guess T4 too?) doesn't really work.
I may be misconstruing him, not sure.

I've been proceeding under the general Peat, Barnes view
that thyroid supplementation is almost a requirement for a huge percentage
of people living in modern societies.

lookingforanswers said:
I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know how to read my symptoms/progress. I don't know how to dose desiccated thyroid. I am really struggling with this. I need to find someone to help me figure this out. I am not a doctor. Does anyone know who could be of help to me other than Josh Rubin? (He doesn't advise using thyroid meds)
I'm sure I could help. And it's free! Just PM me.

[Edit: I gave a slightly longer explanation here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5525&p=67177#p67177]

freyasam

Blossom said:
I can only personally recommend http://www.biochemnordic.com because Benedicte is the only Peat style practitioner I've worked with as a paying client.

Blossom, did Benedicte help you? I've heard she gives recommendations that are pretty "Peating 101"--in other words, she's more helpful for beginners as opposed to those of us doing this for a while and familiar with standard recommendations but still not making progress.

Can anyone else recommend Benedicte?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
YES immensely and she spent quite a bit of time working with me and refused to take any additional money for her time. I consulted with her twice within the first 6 months. I needed that in the beginning due to brain fog and learned helplessness. I did have a basic understanding of Peat at that time but due to my situation I wanted to speak with someone directly who had a deeper understanding, years of practical experience, Peat's endorsement and a solid scientific background. We came up with a plan together based on Peat's work that helped me turn my health around. I do not think she takes liberty with Peat's work to mold it into her own interpretation which was/is important to me. She also helped me understand an estimated time line within which I could expect to see results.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals