Nebulizing Baking Soda for Post Covid Lung Issues

Heidi

Four weeks ago I lost my sense of smell and taste. I had lung congestion but no nasal congestion. Nose didn't run at all. I assumed that I had Covid and followed this protocol which helped me to fight it off. I-MASK+ Protocol Downloads & Translations | FLCCC | Frontline COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (I have a big parasite problem and this protocol was helpful for that, too.)

It took almost a week to get my test result, which ended up being negative. I didn't bother to get another test because I was starting to feel better. But I hardly coughed and my symptoms lingered. Some smell came back, but only erratically and for really bad smells. After 3.5 weeks my lungs got worse. I started wheezing and had pain in my chest. My husband had read about using a nebulizer with hydrogen peroxide for treating Covid, through the work of Mercola and Dr, David Browstein. (My husband is in his 70s and has lung issues. I have been quarantining away from him all month.) Anyhow, he got me a nebulizer and I decided to start with baking soda, because it was easier to figure out, and I have a longstanding problem of not enough CO2.

My first time nebulizing baking soda felt miraculous. I even felt a bit high from it. Afterwards, I easily coughed up and expelled mucus from my lungs. My lungs felt immediately better. By the next morning, all my lung pain and wheezing had subsided.

When nebulizing the baking soda, I used a mask, breathed slowly, and deeply relaxed. (I tried the mouthpiece briefly and it felt horrible.) I also stood up and did gentle unraveling movements. (As part of my healing, I have done a lot of movement, which is probably similar to what people here have called myofascial release.) Nebulizing baking soda facilitated a lot of physical release for me. A lot of physical knots seemed to effortlessly release. My energy went down into my feet, and my feet felt especially warm and grounded. These full body effects were completely unexpected and surprising; a welcome side benefit to the lung healing.

Over the following few days I continued to nebulize the baking soda, but afterward I didn't feel well in other ways. I got cold and couldn't warm up, had a headache and felt slightly nauseous. I backed off of nebulizing. Then, this morning I nebulized the baking soda again, and finally realized that I was getting too much oxygen and depleting my CO2. After nebulizing this morning I felt well enough to exercise and do some breath retaining physical exercises. I rebalanced my CO2 and have felt well ever since. I am going to increase the amount of baking soda and nebulize for shorter next time. But also I will try to reduce my breathing while nebulizing and see if that helps. My lungs feel so much better, but I can tell that they are still compromised.

I also intend to gradually try nebulizing other things. The nebulizer feels like a key item to have on hand to deal with the Coronavirus, as well as any other cough, cold, flu, or cleanse. I had been making good progress with Buteyko style reduced breathing, so I had been expecting a cleanse. But this was more intense than any past cold, cleanse, or lung issue that I have dealt with before. I feel grateful that my symptoms were relatively mild compared to so many others with Covid. I hope this post helps others trying to regain their lung function from Covid or other things.

Perry Staltic

I've read great things about nebulized H2O2, but never heard of nebulized baking soda. Glad it worked for you.

OP
H

Heidi

I've read great things about nebulized H2O2, but never heard of nebulized baking soda. Glad it worked for you.
Thank you for your response. If I was dealing with an active infection of some sort, then I might be more inclined to try nebulizing H2O2.

If you search this forum, there are some threads around the benefit of nebulizing baking soda. Online there is a bit of info on nebulizing baking soda for Covid-19. but also for other kinds of lung issues and cancer.

This woman with Covid used a nebulizer with a compounded blend of glutathione, NAC and magnesium sulfate to help her respiratory constraints. See: How I Used A Nebulizer As Part of My COVID Recovery That combination sounds especially good to me, and I'm gradually moving towards obtaining those supplements. Iodine, especially nascent iodine, is supposed to be very good to nebulize as well. But I have thyroid issues, so I am more nervous about trying that. I would appreciate hearing about anyone's experience nebulizing any of these things.

Nebulizing the baking soda has continued to go well, and continues to feel more powerful than I thought it would be. I have been able to increase the concentration. I've been mindful to reduced my breathing and that has helped. I had to work through some fear with reducing breathing while nebulizing. Nebulizing makes me want to breathe heavier.

Perry Staltic

Thank you for your response. If I was dealing with an active infection of some sort, then I might be more inclined to try nebulizing H2O2.

If you search this forum, there are some threads around the benefit of nebulizing baking soda. Online there is a bit of info on nebulizing baking soda for Covid-19. but also for other kinds of lung issues and cancer.

This woman with Covid used a nebulizer with a compounded blend of glutathione, NAC and magnesium sulfate to help her respiratory constraints. See: How I Used A Nebulizer As Part of My COVID Recovery That combination sounds especially good to me, and I'm gradually moving towards obtaining those supplements. Iodine, especially nascent iodine, is supposed to be very good to nebulize as well. But I have thyroid issues, so I am more nervous about trying that. I would appreciate hearing about anyone's experience nebulizing any of these things.

Nebulizing the baking soda has continued to go well, and continues to feel more powerful than I thought it would be. I have been able to increase the concentration. I've been mindful to reduced my breathing and that has helped. I had to work through some fear with reducing breathing while nebulizing. Nebulizing makes me want to breathe heavier.

Have you heard/read of anyone nebulizing colloidal silver?

tankasnowgod

There's a couple related threads here-

OP
H

Heidi

Have you heard/read of anyone nebulizing colloidal silver?
There are lots of reports of people nebulizing colloidal silver and also some warnings. It is not something I am drawn to, so I haven't looked into it much.

I am continuing with the reduced breathing while nebulizing the baking soda. Moving into a deeply relaxed meditative state with it, which seems good. Watching for signs that I am retaining CO2 and not hyperventilating while nebulizing and afterwards. Got Bob's Red Mill baking soda because I read that it was better quality. I had been using a generic brand. Not sure that it matters.

I am going to try a tiny amount of magnesium sulfate next. I read to get some with USP (which stands for United States Pharmacopeia) on the label, as that would certify that it was a higher grade.

@tankasnowgod thanks for linking some related pages.

danny@101

Four weeks ago I lost my sense of smell and taste. I had lung congestion but no nasal congestion. Nose didn't run at all. I assumed that I had Covid and followed this protocol which helped me to fight it off. I-MASK+ Protocol Downloads & Translations | FLCCC | Frontline COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (I have a big parasite problem and this protocol was helpful for that, too.)

It took almost a week to get my test result, which ended up being negative. I didn't bother to get another test because I was starting to feel better. But I hardly coughed and my symptoms lingered. Some smell came back, but only erratically and for really bad smells. After 3.5 weeks my lungs got worse. I started wheezing and had pain in my chest. My husband had read about using a nebulizer with hydrogen peroxide for treating Covid, through the work of Mercola and Dr, David Browstein. (My husband is in his 70s and has lung issues. I have been quarantining away from him all month.) Anyhow, he got me a nebulizer and I decided to start with baking soda, because it was easier to figure out, and I have a longstanding problem of not enough CO2.

My first time nebulizing baking soda felt miraculous. I even felt a bit high from it. Afterwards, I easily coughed up and expelled mucus from my lungs. My lungs felt immediately better. By the next morning, all my lung pain and wheezing had subsided.

When nebulizing the baking soda, I used a mask, breathed slowly, and deeply relaxed. (I tried the mouthpiece briefly and it felt horrible.) I also stood up and did gentle unraveling movements. (As part of my healing, I have done a lot of movement, which is probably similar to what people here have called myofascial release.) Nebulizing baking soda facilitated a lot of physical release for me. A lot of physical knots seemed to effortlessly release. My energy went down into my feet, and my feet felt especially warm and grounded. These full body effects were completely unexpected and surprising; a welcome side benefit to the lung healing.

Over the following few days I continued to nebulize the baking soda, but afterward I didn't feel well in other ways. I got cold and couldn't warm up, had a headache and felt slightly nauseous. I backed off of nebulizing. Then, this morning I nebulized the baking soda again, and finally realized that I was getting too much oxygen and depleting my CO2. After nebulizing this morning I felt well enough to exercise and do some breath retaining physical exercises. I rebalanced my CO2 and have felt well ever since. I am going to increase the amount of baking soda and nebulize for shorter next time. But also I will try to reduce my breathing while nebulizing and see if that helps. My lungs feel so much better, but I can tell that they are still compromised.

I also intend to gradually try nebulizing other things. The nebulizer feels like a key item to have on hand to deal with the Coronavirus, as well as any other cough, cold, flu, or cleanse. I had been making good progress with Buteyko style reduced breathing, so I had been expecting a cleanse. But this was more intense than any past cold, cleanse, or lung issue that I have dealt with before. I feel grateful that my symptoms were relatively mild compared to so many others with Covid. I hope this post helps others trying to regain their lung function from Covid or other things.
I’m glad to hear that worked for you, could you direct me to some instructions to how to go about nebulizing baking soda??

OP
H

Heidi

I’m glad to hear that worked for you, could you direct me to some instructions to how to go about nebulizing baking soda??
There is a lot more info online for nebulizing other things, not as much with the baking soda, which was why I posted about it. The info I found online was anecdotal. I am too tired to find the links right now, but will try and post some later. From researching various substances to nebulize, I realized that there was a range for the amounts, and that one could gradually increase the dosing. I think it's important to really tune into your body with nebulizing. Do a little at at time. Whatever you nebulize stays in your lungs for quite awhile afterwards. Also, as I said above, I recommend staying relaxed and reducing your breathing comfortably, so that one ends up increasing CO2, instead of depleting it by hyperventilating.

For the baking soda I put half a cup of distilled water in a glass jar, and initially I added half a teaspoon of baking soda to make a solution. Then I put a few teaspoons of that solution into the nebulizer. I usually fill up my nebulizer (I think it holds 8 ml) but then maybe only nebulize about two thirds or three fourths of that amount. I try to tune into my body and stop when it has had enough. It seemed like that solution was a bit too dilute so I increased it to 1 teaspoon baking soda to half a cup distilled water, which was what I recommended for my husband when he started out. I also tried 1,5 teaspoons with half a cup of water, but that seemed a bit too saturated. The solution seemed to get too thick in the nebulizer. I keep the jar of the solution in the fridge,

My husband has chronic lung problems (he smoked when he was young) and nebulizing has been helping him a lot. So far he prefers the H2O2 and iodine. But I've been waiting for us to have more experience with different things before reporting on what works best for each of us.

I've added some glutathione to the baking soda right before I nebulized it and that seemed good. The glutathione that we got comes as a powder (in a capsule) already mixed with some baking soda. Glutathione has a really stinky smell, so I didn't like it as much just by itself. My husband hasn't tried it yet due to the smell.

We also have two different nebulizers and they seemed really different to me. However, I have only briefly tried his out and he hasn't tried mine out yet. So I will report on those difference later if it seems significant.

My lungs have been much better and so I haven't been nebulizing for a bunch of days. But I plan to go back to it because I can feel that there is still some subtle damage left. It's a relief to be out of the scary lung issue phase of Covid, and I feel like my lungs will heal completely given a bit more time.

Hope it goes well for you if you try it out.

danny@101

There is a lot more info online for nebulizing other things, not as much with the baking soda, which was why I posted about it. The info I found online was anecdotal. I am too tired to find the links right now, but will try and post some later. From researching various substances to nebulize, I realized that there was a range for the amounts, and that one could gradually increase the dosing. I think it's important to really tune into your body with nebulizing. Do a little at at time. Whatever you nebulize stays in your lungs for quite awhile afterwards. Also, as I said above, I recommend staying relaxed and reducing your breathing comfortably, so that one ends up increasing CO2, instead of depleting it by hyperventilating.

For the baking soda I put half a cup of distilled water in a glass jar, and initially I added half a teaspoon of baking soda to make a solution. Then I put a few teaspoons of that solution into the nebulizer. I usually fill up my nebulizer (I think it holds 8 ml) but then maybe only nebulize about two thirds or three fourths of that amount. I try to tune into my body and stop when it has had enough. It seemed like that solution was a bit too dilute so I increased it to 1 teaspoon baking soda to half a cup distilled water, which was what I recommended for my husband when he started out. I also tried 1,5 teaspoons with half a cup of water, but that seemed a bit too saturated. The solution seemed to get too thick in the nebulizer. I keep the jar of the solution in the fridge,

My husband has chronic lung problems (he smoked when he was young) and nebulizing has been helping him a lot. So far he prefers the H2O2 and iodine. But I've been waiting for us to have more experience with different things before reporting on what works best for each of us.

I've added some glutathione to the baking soda right before I nebulized it and that seemed good. The glutathione that we got comes as a powder (in a capsule) already mixed with some baking soda. Glutathione has a really stinky smell, so I didn't like it as much just by itself. My husband hasn't tried it yet due to the smell.

We also have two different nebulizers and they seemed really different to me. However, I have only briefly tried his out and he hasn't tried mine out yet. So I will report on those difference later if it seems significant.

My lungs have been much better and so I haven't been nebulizing for a bunch of days. But I plan to go back to it because I can feel that there is still some subtle damage left. It's a relief to be out of the scary lung issue phase of Covid, and I feel like my lungs will heal completely given a bit more time.

Hope it goes well for you if you try it out.
Thank you so much for the information much appreciated

RealNeat

focusing on anything anti inflammatory is the key as Dr. Peat emphasized yesterday on Danny's podcast.

Dr. Andrew Kaufman suggests inhaling a few drops of pure gum spirits of turpentine in a lot of water, look into methods before going for it.

This website Freebies - The Silver Edge has good protocols for anything ionic silver including nebulizing.

I think aspirin is a basic recovery modality.

OP
H

Heidi

I just wanted to do a follow up post to this thread now that a few months have passed. I mostly backed off of nebulizing and it seemed like my lungs were very gradually getting better. (I've seen very small but steady improvement in my Buteyko exercises.) But then my lungs seemed to get somewhat worse again, or perhaps they never got as better as I thought. So I returned to nebulizing. But much to my surprise the baking soda does not feel good at all, and I am completely unable to do it. Glutathione dissolved in saline is what I am using the most now. But also sometimes H2O2 in saline. My husband prefers H2O2 and has just stuck with that. I wish that I had started nebulizing right when I first got sick, and then stuck with it consistently. Things are always more apparent in hindsight. It is amazing how sensitive the lungs are. At least the right thing to nebulize is obvious, in that it feels good while I am doing it, and my lungs feel better afterwards. Also, I am still mindful to reduce my breathing while nebulizing, and so the whole experience is relaxing and peaceful. But it is mystifying that nebulizing baking soda felt so good initially, and so terrible now.

Chai-jin

I have been interested in nebulising since I now apparently have some kind of lung disease after five weeks of horrible lung issues - yet no symptoms of any kind of illness at least not that i've had before or heard symptoms of, just maybe inflammation - dried up respiratory system in fact, opposite of symptoms - had this issue since seeing a woman who had the fizer injection - no idea or proof that it's related. No classic covid symptoms like cough, loss of smell, difficulty breathing - might be a covid disease if a reaction to vaccinated person I was in close contact to, no idea, very frustrating and no one who can tell me either way of course because who tf knows, right?
But I never had any problem breathing at any time and no congestion or catarrh though i had a little sputum that was nasty green grey or yellow a few weeks ago no other sign of chest infection except for that now just chronic dry lungs and slight pain in chest every day, not sure if nebulising would be effective for this.