NDT Universally Recommended For Someone Who Doesn't Obtain Thyroid From Diet?

Fractality

If one's diet is cheese, eggs, milk, steak, fruit, etc, should one supplement NDT since they are not obtaining thyroid from diet? Even if caffeine, MB, etc are used which act as thyroid surrogates?

TeaRex14

Possibly, just depends on your level of PUFA depletion. The meat industry use to add the animal's thyroid gland to ground meats, sausages, and things of that nature. So you could argue that everyone was getting between 1/4 to 1/2 grain of thyroid just through their diets. Since they don't do this anymore, there's an argument to be made for dosing thyroid in small amounts universally. Especially when considering we're more saturated with PUFA now days. Unless you're clinically hypothyroid, I doubt anything higher than 1 grain would be necessary. If you don't have thyroid a mixture of aspirin, niacinamide, salt, and red light would probably give very similar results to thyroid. It would lower free fatty acids, estrogen, and cortisol, and with the red light would activate the cytochrome c oxidase in the mitochondria.

OP
Fractality

Fractality

1/2 a grain to 1 grain seems reasonable, and it wouldn't suppress endogenous production. I think I'm PUFA deficient enough that I can obtain thyroid-like effects from other things like what you mentioned. I like the idea of having another tool in my arsenal though.

boris

I think so too. Traditionally the whole animal would be cooked and there would be no reason to throw the thyroid away. I think the thyroid and gelatin helps with meat digestion, counteracting some metabolism lowering effects.