NDT (TyroMax) Questions And Worries

bodacious

I've purchased some TyroMax after some deliberation.

One of the main issues I've been struggling with over the past few years (aside from a few energy, and physical ailments) is anxiety—so these questions may seem overly cautious. One of the main triggers of anxiety is the fear that I might do something that permanently damages my health.

1. If I start taking TyroMax regularly, having never tried a thyroid supplement before, will I be able to stop taking it again once my symptoms improve?
2. Assuming the answer to the above is "yes", does this apply to both oral and topical?
3. I plan on starting with 1 drop and slowly increasing until I notice a change. Are there any negative side-effects I should be wary of (other than heart palpitations and temperature?)

Personal anecdotes and scientific links both welcome—thanks!

dookie

I've purchased some TyroMax after some deliberation.

One of the main issues I've been struggling with over the past few years (aside from a few energy, and physical ailments) is anxiety—so these questions may seem overly cautious. One of the main triggers of anxiety is the fear that I might do something that permanently damages my health.

1. If I start taking TyroMax regularly, having never tried a thyroid supplement before, will I be able to stop taking it again once my symptoms improve?
2. Assuming the answer to the above is "yes", does this apply to both oral and topical?
3. I plan on starting with 1 drop and slowly increasing until I notice a change. Are there any negative side-effects I should be wary of (other than heart palpitations and temperature?)

Personal anecdotes and scientific links both welcome—thanks!

Experimentation is the only true form of knowledge.

I would suggest you try very small doses, forget all the theories about what effects thyroid should have on you, and pay close attention to your body. If you experience mainly negative effects, I would suggest you don't "push through" or keep taking it or keep upping the dose, with the hope that it will, some day, produce mainly good effects. Side-effects usually get worse with increasing dose.

You can search the forum to see what effects other people have experienced from various forms of thyroid. For some it helps, for others, it causes bad side-effects.

In my opinion, if something works, it produces mainly good effects immediately, within a few hours of taking it. So you should know after the first (small) dose if it's something you want to keep taking.

Yes there is the theory of thyroid initially "sensitizing" you to your own adrenaline, but generally you'll know if that's the case, and it isn't necessarily a bad side-effect

OP
bodacious

bodacious

I would suggest you try very small doses, forget all the theories about what effects thyroid should have on you, and pay close attention to your body. If you experience mainly negative effects, I would suggest you don't "push through" or keep taking it or keep upping the dose, with the hope that it will, some day, produce mainly good effects. Side-effects usually get worse with increasing dose.

Thanks @dookie—I think that's generally good advice, and it's how I approach most of the things I try. I could also argue that it's the same thinking that got me into the mess that I'm currently in. Years of experimenting with VLC dieting, intermittent fasting, and fasted training all felt great at the time, but have left me a bit wrecked.

I'm curious to try NDT and see if it helps me restore balance to my metabolism, so that I can move on without having to rely on taking something for the rest of my life.

In my opinion, if something works, it produces mainly good effects immediately, within a few hours of taking it. So you should know after the first (small) dose if it's something you want to keep taking.

That's useful input.

1 drop orally was too much for me at first. Start with one drop in a small amount of water and try a 1/4 of it the first time.
Topically, I dont think it does anything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals