NDT Question

FitnessMike

Hi Guys, i started taking NDT to help with my temps, started with 40mg of cows derivative NDT, and after a week i increased to another 40mg in the afternoon.

I did start noticing positive symptoms but my temps are not getting better and actually got a bit lower, could it be that NDT lowered adrenaline which was also increasing my temps?, could it just take long time for NDT to affect temps? my temp's first thing in the morning is 35.2-35.5 C, and then during the day after meals its 36-36.5C.

Last edited:

Connor888

my temps took a nose dive when i first started ndt but after a week or so they returned to my pre-ndt temps, so it definitely could be a decrease in adrenaline. i'm up to 2.5 grains of thai thyroid and unfortunately can't get my waking temps any higher than 36.0 - 36.2 either , so i will follow this post

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

my temps took a nose dive when i first started ndt but after a week or so they returned to my pre-ndt temps, so it definitely could be a decrease in adrenaline. i'm up to 2.5 grains of thai thyroid and unfortunately can't get my waking temps any higher than 36.0 - 36.2 either , so i will follow this post
Thanks for chiming in mate, how long are you taking NDT for?, for me its been less than 2 weeks so its very early. Can you link your product and source please?
im taking this one Allergy Research Group, Thyroid, Natural Glandular, 100 Vegetarian Capsules.

Also what are your temps later in the day?

I think often NDT creates rT3 for a bit. I’ve yet to have success with it. I have success with T3. I am trying NDT yet again. I think PUFA depletion may he key and that you have to keep on the course possibly to 3 to 5 grains a day or more temporarily to get the body to respond properly. Working up to it slowly of course over many weeks.

Connor888

Thanks for chiming in mate, how long are you taking NDT for?, for me its been less than 2 weeks so its very early. Can you link your product and source please?
im taking this one Allergy Research Group, Thyroid, Natural Glandular, 100 Vegetarian Capsules.

Also what are your temps later in the day?

its just coming up to 2 months now for me, and im using PimPom's New NDT:
Tru Thyroid - 800 tablets - ½ grain - Natural Desiccated Thyroid

My temps through the day are usually pretty ok ( 37.0 - 37.3 ). That looks like a pretty decent product. I hear people do well on glandulars when you find the right dose. I think I may end up taking 3-4 grains to be honest

Last edited:
OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I think often NDT creates rT3 for a bit. I’ve yet to have success with it. I have success with T3. I am trying NDT yet again. I think PUFA depletion may he key and that you have to keep on the course possibly to 3 to 5 grains a day or more temporarily to get the body to respond properly. Working up to it slowly of course over many weeks.
Thanks for chiming in, i am waiting for my t3 and i will for sure try it as its suggester here on site low dosage with a meal, curious what the response will be.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

its just coming up to 2 months now for me, and im using PimPom's New NDT:
Tru Thyroid - 800 tablets - ½ grain - Natural Desiccated Thyroid

My temps throughout the day are usually pretty ok ( 37.0 - 37.3 ). That looks like a pretty decent product. I hear people do well on glandulars when you find the right dose. I think I may end up taking 3-4 grains to be honest
What was your temps before you started supplementing?, this NDT seems like a good deal for the money but it doesn't state what animal is it made of?

At least you reach 37C during the day mate, that's good right. Did you ever try pure t3 to see how it affect you?

For me biggest issue is insomnia for over two years, and only recently i discovered im hypothyroid LOL, what i noticed is that i can actually fall back to sleep after waking up at 3am since taking NDT, that tells me that it is working to lower stress hormones i was for a long time in excess on. Also my blood sugar at night isn't dropping for few days, but it could be because i took action to lower my elevated liver enzymes with lowering fats and taking k2 amongst others.

Connor888

What was your temps before you started supplementing?, this NDT seems like a good deal for the money but it doesn't state what animal is it made of?

At least you reach 37C during the day mate, that's good right. Did you ever try pure t3 to see how it affect you?

For me biggest issue is insomnia for over two years, and only recently i discovered im hypothyroid LOL, what i noticed is that i can actually fall back to sleep after waking up at 3am since taking NDT, that tells me that it is working to lower stress hormones i was for a long time in excess on. Also my blood sugar at night isn't dropping for few days, but it could be because i took action to lower my elevated liver enzymes with lowering fats and taking k2 amongst others.

well on looking at your product it says the source is bovine so i think its derived from cow. yeah i'm glad my temps through the day are normal, its just my waking temps that are really stubborn. thats the thing, my temps are usually 36.0 - 36.2 at their highest, which is exactly what they were before i even started ndt. so im just hoping i get better numbers when i get up to 3-4 grains or so (if i do)

luckily i never got the insomnia. i am usually asleep within 5 minutes. its kind of a blessing lol :)
definitely sounds good that you're able to get back to sleep when you wake up though that can be hard for some people

Connor888

have you tried taking some of your product just before you go to bed btw?

lifegivingstore.com has a good desiccated bovine thyroid gland from New Zealand that I am using now. Very clean.

Connor888

lifegivingstore.com has a good desiccated bovine thyroid gland from New Zealand that I am using now. Very clean.

so do glandular products work the same way as an ndt measured in grains? have you felt any benefits on it? iirc they don't declare the hormone content in those supplements right ?

so do glandular products work the same way as an ndt measured in grains? have you felt any benefits on it? iirc they don't declare the hormone content in those supplements right ?

they are the same. NDT is dried thyroid gland. They don’t declare thyroid content but it seems good to me.

Interesting. Thank you I might need to try them.

well it's the cleanest source because there are no excipients and New Zealand grass fed cows are safer than most. The price is quite reasonable.

I'm still taking T3 to maintain temperatures even with this.

Lollipop2

well it's the cleanest source because there are no excipients and New Zealand grass fed cows are safer than most. The price is quite reasonable.

I'm still taking T3 to maintain temperatures even with this.
Great news. The excipients are frustrating. I am going to try when my current Tyromax runs out.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

have you tried taking some of your product just before you go to bed btw?
well i tried when i started and it caused complete insomnia, maybe in a week or so ill try another capsule with dinner innit.