NDT From Which Animal?

Waynish

A couple questions:
1) Which animal's thyroid functionality is closest to humans?
2) Which sources of NDT have you found - and which do you find best?

miki14

Might be unrelated to your question but in Asia I bought chicken necks in 1 lbs packages and boiled them in a pot. The stew gave me a noticeable raise in body temps. Most animals have a higher ratio of t3 to t4 what Peaters preferre humans have like 1 to 20 while pigs have like 1 to 4, if I remember correctly. So the animal thyroid closest to the human´s one might not be the one with best benefit.

OP
W

Waynish

Might be unrelated to your question but in Asia I bought chicken necks in 1 lbs packages and boiled them in a pot. The stew gave me a noticeable raise in body temps. Most animals have a higher ratio of t3 to t4 what Peaters preferre humans have like 1 to 20 while pigs have like 1 to 4, if I remember correctly. So the animal thyroid closest to the human´s one might not be the one with best benefit.

True - and I haven't had the opportunity to research yet - but wouldn't different animals have substances besides T3 & T4 in the thyroid in different ratios? NDT is more than T3 & T4 I'm guessing - but I don't know the names of those other substances off-hand.

miki14

True - and I haven't had the opportunity to research yet - but wouldn't different animals have substances besides T3 & T4 in the thyroid in different ratios? NDT is more than T3 & T4 I'm guessing - but I don't know the names of those other substances off-hand.

T3 is the active hormone, T4 the storage form, which can be actually anti metabolic in some people, tissues and you have T1 and T2, pre forms of thyroid and calcitonin.