Navel (a.k.a. The Belly Button) For Topical Administration

Averroës

Lately I have had the great pleasure of briefly meeting this lovely person who was touring around Europe for the summer, she is from the U.S.

We've had great laughs and talked about various things and at some point she mentions that she is prone to motion sickness. My girlfriend has the same issue so we were going back and forth with various solutions to the problem. Coincidentally, she mentions this old fishermen's technique of placing an uncoated aspirin tablet into the belly button and covering it up with a small piece of tape to keep it in place. She proceeds to explain that it's more of an old-wives tale but it seemed to work for her during her travel.

It's an interesting idea and it makes sense viscerally. I was wondering if anyone in here has ever tried this particular route of administration? I might be trying it tonight with one of Haidut's products. A quick search online yielded the following study and a rather promising quote:

http://jpharmsci.org/article/S0022-3549(15)44975-5/pdf

" The data generated (Fig. 1) suggest that administration via the navel yields a relatively faster absorption and also greater systemic bioavailability of [14C]testosterone than administration via the forearm. Both routes of percutaneous absorption give well-defined first-order elimination kinetics, which is very much in parallel to that of intravenous administration. It is interesting to note that the systemic bioavailability of‘ [14C]testosterone by navel absorption is relatively close to the level obtained by the intravenous administration of an equivalent dose and is substantially greater than the level achieved by forearm administration. "

GAF

While laying under my red light, I am going to make small lakes of all my idealabs substances on a rotational basis.

Kyle M

It makes sense that the belly button would be more absorptive than the rest of the stomach skin. Maybe not more absorptive than other, thinner skin areas though.

DaveFoster

Pretty sure any DMSO would make any lint go straight to the brain stem. You'd have "lint-brain syndrome" as a new creation.

Trix

it works fast for MB application....however, the stain lasts for several days.

keith

I tried this a while back after having a similar thought, and what I found was that, for me, my belly button became a cup for liquids, and they didn't absorb fast enough, and when I stood up, the cup spilled, so to speak. It might be a good option for a drop or two, but I think more than that might be a challenge, unless you have some time to spare laying on your back for a while.

OP
A

Averroës

Pretty sure any DMSO would make any lint go straight to the brain stem. You'd have "lint-brain syndrome" as a new creation.

I don't have any DMSO versions of the products from Haidut, I am not even sure if they are still available. The ones I have now are fine (mostly ethanol) but every now and then I add a drop or two of pure DMSO I have around here. But I see your point; the few times I've used DMSO I could almost taste it in my mouth, it seems at times to be over-efficacious :)

I imagine the colloquial term for someone with "lint-brain syndrome" would be "cottonhead", although I am quite sure the term is already being used to refer to something else.

OP
A

Averroës

I tried this a while back after having a similar thought, and what I found was that, for me, my belly button became a cup for liquids, and they didn't absorb fast enough, and when I stood up, the cup spilled, so to speak. It might be a good option for a drop or two, but I think more than that might be a challenge, unless you have some time to spare laying on your back for a while.

I applied a drop of 5α-DHP (dissolved in MCT-oil) yesterday and it worked out just fine, I went on with my daily activities. About an hour after application it was completely gone.

Your reply just reminded me of something, namely that belly buttons of course come in different shapes. I have seen some which are quite external and protruding, which, granted, would be a challenge to put something into. Whereas mine is rather profound, inward.

Advocate2021

i love the idea of this and the enhanced absorption concept, but i am irritated by almost every supplement i apply inside my belly and do not have the issue if not in the belley. Seems the skin is more fragile in that area which is why it makes sense the absorption better but mine does not seem to be able to handle all the substances in it and gets red itchy and irritated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals