Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Nature Of X-Ray Damage

Discussion in 'Genes, Radiation' started by j., Jun 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. j.

j. Guest

Q: Do you think that using knowledge from physics or such, a strong case can be made the x-ray damage isn't reversible? Or is it more that we haven't ever seen such type of damage reversed?

Q: The main things to interrupt the process are mainly low pufa diet, vitamin E, and red light? Are those the main things a while after exposure?

2. jyb

jyb Member

What would you do if you *had* to have an X-Ray? Possibly after an accident, before getting X-Ray and surgery. I'm thinking some of the following: progesterone, thyroid, anti-serotonin drugs (cypro and ondansetron), aspirin, vit E, niacinamide, caffeine... well maybe not aspirin if surgery...

For heavy UV/sun exposure: coffee, aspirin, niacinamide, vit A and E

3. OP
    j.

j. Guest

a big dose of pregnenolone.

4. OP
    j.

j. Guest

I guess x-rays will be better understood if the medical people believed it's harmful at any dose, and then that would encourage the physicists to intensely study its nature and ways to reverse it.

5. OP
    j.

j. Guest

I feel so good when UVB is high that I sometimes wonder if sunlight could reverse x-ray damage.

6. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

UVB middle of day right? I watch that navy site and always make sure to get out right before, during and after peak. With as little skin cover as possible. :mrgreen:

7. OP
    j.

j. Guest

Some scientists are trying to create a 'concoction of antioxidants', which includes vitamins A, C, and E, to reduce the damage of CT Scans by 50%. Link

They're trying to block the damage to DNA. Is that the only or most important type of damage?

8. OP
    j.

j. Guest

I need to have one of those UVB meters to figure out what's the ratio when I feel best. Nowadays I feel best at between 1:30 and 2:30, would like to know the UVB/UVA ratio.

9. OP
    j.

j. Guest

The vitamin D stuff is pretty controversial. Chris Masterjohn wrote an article questioning Dr Holick's view that in some parts of the U.S., in the North, you can't make any vitamin D for a few months. Masterjohn suggested if not outright claimed you can.

The proper levels might have also been exaggerated. One researcher claimed that anything below 50 ng/ml should be considered deficient, but Masterjohn countered that for some races, people with 40 ng/ml have more bone density than 50 ng/ml, or some numbers like that.