Nature.com How ecstasy and psilocybin are shaking up psychiatry

Mauritio

Keep us posted on the 4acoDMT experience. A lot of us would love to read that!
I love it ! Feels similar to microdosing lsd but less stimulating and more grounded. I also felt more conncected ,mood definitely increased ,less analytical thinking .

The contrast was apparent as before I consumed it , I had low mood and gut problems and was thinking only how to fix this.
After taking it I just went into the park and relaxed in the sun for a couple of hours especially at the beginning I still felt the effects there ,which slowly faded away and now leave a little pleasant after glow :)
Absolutely recommend it. I think I like it even better than lsd microdosing. Its probably perfect for relaxing and feels very anti-stress. No serotonergic, heavy feeling as with weed sometimes.
Actually lsd and 4aco dmt made my muscles look more full . It's the same as when my estrogen is low and /or liver is working well .

I took 1mg . I dissolved a 10mg tablet in 10ml alcohol. I'm not sure if its perfectly dissolving as there's some residue .
5mg,what I mentioned above, is way too much for microdosing, probably semi-trippy.

Also: I was wrong that it's legal in Germany. I checked wiki and its illegal in almost all countries . For some reason you can buy it online and i had absolutely no problem ordering it . They put the tablets in a gift card so you couldn't see them from the outside.

Last edited:

NodeCerebri

I love it ! Feels similar to microdosing lsd but less stimulating and more grounded. I also felt more conncected ,mood definitely increased ,less analytical thinking .

The contrast was apparent as before I consumed it , I had low mood and gut problems and was thinking only how to fix this.
After taking it I just went into the park and relaxed in the sun for a couple of hours especially at the beginning I still felt the effects there ,which slowly faded away and now leave a little pleasant after glow :)
Absolutely recommend it. I think I like it even better than lsd microdosing. Its probably perfect for relaxing and feels very anti-stress. No serotonergic, heavy feeling as with weed sometimes.
Actually lsd and 4aco dmt made my muscles look more full . It's the same as when my estrogen is low and /or liver is working well .

I took 1mg . I dissolved a 10mg tablet in 10ml alcohol. I'm not sure if its perfectly dissolving as there's some residue .
5mg,what I mentioned above, is way too much for microdosing, probably semi-trippy.

Also: I was wrong that it's legal in Germany. I checked wiki and its illegal in almost all countries . For some reason you can buy it online and i had absolutely no problem ordering it . They put the tablets in a gift card so you couldn't see them from the outside.
I also had a „full“ trip on them, it was really shroomy, every feeling in the body was so comfortably intense, also made my libido go through the roof? Lol
BTW: with the NPS-Gesetz in Germany most of those psychoactive compounds are illegal now.

Mauritio

I also had a „full“ trip on them, it was really shroomy, every feeling in the body was so comfortably intense, also made my libido go through the roof? Lol
BTW: with the NPS-Gesetz in Germany most of those psychoactive compounds are illegal now.
Yeah I've read some full dose reports on psychonauts wiki or whatevers the name and this stuff blew my mind (and probably the mind of the people that took) .
There was one girl that said benefits ,for example a feeling of connectedness with everything lasted for 4 years !

Is that a new law ? I just recently got an email that 1cp lsd will be illegal in Germany from June on . Luckily I still have some . But I'm not sure if that makes it harder to get stuff in real life too ...

NodeCerebri

Yeah I've read some full dose reports on psychonauts wiki or whatevers the name and this stuff blew my mind (and probably the mind of the people that took) .
There was one girl that said benefits ,for example a feeling of connectedness with everything lasted for 4 years !
LOL yeah the effects are profound
Is that a new law ? I just recently got an email that 1cp lsd will be illegal in Germany from June on . Luckily I still have some . But I'm not sure if that makes it harder to get stuff in real life too ...
No, it was introduced 2019? I guess or 2018 somewhat. It doesn’t really make it harder to get them. Just more detours you have to take, to state it carefully.

Nemo

Hofmann knew it can reset the system, pulling you out of words and culture, giving you a lens to view thinking processes, essentially revealing how you know what you know, many fall back into old habits, they also realize they must apply energetic resources to "manifesting" their desires, it will also make them realize how they invested their time in the past has created a momentum for the future, your life is time limited and some desires need to be let go and can’t be achieved, some folks after LSD become depressed because of these realizations.
Maybe when the world goes "peaty" instead of "woke" we can move closer to longer lifespans and many goals can be realized.

I know dozens of people, including my husband and very close lifelong friends of my husband, but also many young friends, who have used LSD tens or hundreds of times, and they all know even more people who have used LSD a lot, and I have never known or heard of anyone who became depressed after LSD.

I know people who've had problems after using meth or heroin or booze. But never LSD.

It does not make you regret the past or realize your life is time limited. It does not make you feel some desires need to be let go because they can't be achieved.

It makes you realize you can do anything you want. It makes you feel immortal (and not the stupid stuff they lie about, pretending people jump out windows because they think they can fly). It lets you know your consciousness actually is immortal and that what holds you back from doing what you want to do in life are false beliefs about the world and mortality.

I know people who have been alcoholics their whole lives even though they used LSD. They simply enjoy being alcoholics. I just tell them to stay off PUFAs.

LSD isn't a good tool for helping you conform to what society or your father think you should be. It's a great tool for your own empowerment and for building a community of deep resistance to the powers that be.

Nemo

Folks using LSD long term should keep in mind the heart fibrosis side effects, it takes a lot but if your more susceptible it may not.
Terrence Mckenna ended up with a brain tumor, he was a heavy user, I feel it had something to do with his drug use in general.

My husband moved to the Haight-Ashbury in 1967 and lived there the entire time LSD was everywhere. His friends are in their 70s and 80s now.

I don't know any of them who have heart fibrosis. They are the healthiest bunch of oldsters in America.

Weed causes you to become a psycho-ax-killer too. Reefer Madness says so.

Mauritio

My husband moved to the Haight-Ashbury in 1967 and lived there the entire time LSD was everywhere. His friends are in their 70s and 80s now.

I don't know any of them who have heart fibrosis. They are the healthiest bunch of oldsters in America.

Thanks for the info on heart fibrosis. I was gonna ask this .
Have you yourself tried LSD ?

Mauritio

This is great descriptions of LSD type drug's MoA:

"The mechanism seems to be that the lsd type-drug does in a few situations imitate serotonin. Serotonin has a feedback system in the brain ,which turns of the nerves that make serotonin ...and this is the serotonin-like action of the hallucinogenic. They turn of the serotonin producing drugs (nerves?) in the brain. Eventhough they do act on the serotonin receptor, imitating serotonin in that case ,their basic function is still anti serotonin.
Just as in 1953 they were found to be antagonists to the muscle tightening effect on blood vessels or uterine tissues ans so on . they were identified as antagonistic to serotonin."
View: https://youtu.be/4NnPVCttNcs

"The main nerves that produce Serotonin are just turned off by LSD and psilocybin , the best known psychedelics. "
View: https://youtu.be/N9sX2nxi6Mk

Last edited:

Drareg

I think it needs to be in high doses, my concern would be those who take SSRI’s along with lifestyles and diet that increase serotonin, they may have underlying fibrosis issues, the older generation were not taking SSRI’s in the amounts folks are today, I’m guessing their serotonin was slightly lower because diet was a touch better also.

PurpleHeart

Psilocybin containing fungi probably saved my life, I was an anxious alcoholic chain smoker with panic attacks before, after a few experiences with mushrooms and truffles, panic stopped, anxiety greatly reduced, I completely quit smoking and alcohol, I haven't smoked a single cigarette or drunk a single sip of alcohol for months.
Never had a panic attack again after ingesting psilocybin.

Of course My will to heal was a mandatory factor, I had reasons to want to be healthy, but mushrooms are the most successful medicine I've ever encountered in my life.

Apart from the Intense, unique and sacred experience that they produce, they also heal the psyche and the body.

The experience is one of the most significant in the human experience, it reminds you that you know nothing about anything, And it shows you a glimpse of the complex intelligence that surrounds us every moment of our being.

Of course it's not an easy ordeal, The experience is intense and completely out of the ordinary, it's not something you can imagine, it's something completely different,
It can be experienced us something Beautiful beyond words or it can be hellish and terrifying for some people.
The experience usually contains periods of both, personally I never had a bad experience overall, but I did have some moments of fear albeit not very intense.
The euphoria you can feel is also extremely intense, It's not physical pleasure like sex or eating, It's Bliss, Happiness like when you are 5 years old and your parents buy you your first Video game console or something.

In my opinion psychedelics free the mind from the filters that stress and society forces on us. The psychedelic experience is one of the most significant, Sacred, Interesting, and healing experiences I've ever had. Like Terrance says dying without a psychedelic experience is like dying a virgin, I would take this further and say that if I had to choose only one experience as a human being, I would definitely go with the psychedelic experience, so make of this what you want.

In my opinion Terrance was a great thinker and a Genuinely good and honest human being, very intelligent too.

To understand him you just have to see for yourself the realms that he is talking about, otherwise you will either dismiss him as a lunatic or misunderstand him.

Of course Psychedelics are not without dangers, but that is true for pretty much anything,

Like anything else, if psychedelics are approached with Intelligence, curiosity, Caution, honesty, and gratitude and with pure intentions, They can be an ally and a symbiote.

Abused and approached with ignorance, Well we already know were this leads with anything.

golder

Psilocybin containing fungi probably saved my life, I was an anxious alcoholic chain smoker with panic attacks before, after a few experiences with mushrooms and truffles, panic stopped, anxiety greatly reduced, I completely quit smoking and alcohol, I haven't smoked a single cigarette or drunk a single sip of alcohol for months.

Of course My will to heal was a mandatory factor, I had reasons to want to be healthy, but mushrooms are the most successful medicine I've ever encountered in my life.

Apart from the Intense, unique and sacred experience that they produce, they also heal the psyche and the body.

The experience is one of the most significant in the human experience, it reminds you that you know nothing about anything, And it shows you a glimpse of the complex intelligence that surrounds us every moment of our being.

Of course it's not an easy ordeal, The experience is intense and completely out of the ordinary, it's not something you can imagine, it's something completely different,
It can be experienced us something Beautiful beyond words or it can be hellish and terrifying for some people.
The experience usually contains periods of both, personally I never had a bad experience overall, but I did have some moments of fear albeit not very intense.
The euphoria you can feel is also extremely intense, It's not physical pleasure like sex or eating, It's Bliss, Happiness like when you are 5 years old and your parents buy you your first Video game console or something.

In my opinion psychedelics free the mind from the filters that stress and society forces on us. The psychedelic experience is one of the most significant, Sacred, Interesting, and healing experiences I've ever had. Like Terrance says dying without a psychedelic experience is like dying a virgin, I would take this further and say that if I had to choose only one experience as a human being, I would definitely go with the psychedelic experience, so make of this what you want.

In my opinion Terrance was a great thinker and a Genuinely good and honest human being, very intelligent too.

To understand him you just have to see for yourself the realms that he is talking about, otherwise you will either dismiss him as a lunatic or misunderstand him.

Of course Psychedelics are not without dangers, but that is true for pretty much anything,

Like anything else, if psychedelics are approached with Intelligence, curiosity, Caution, honesty, and gratitude and with pure intentions, They can be an ally and a symbiote.

Abused and approached with ignorance, Well we already know were this leads with anything.
Great post, really enjoyed reading this. I see you mention ‘fungal psylocybin’. I’ve not seen this mentioned before. Is this a specific type of mushroom? I love mushrooms but the next venture I have I'm keen to try and use a similar strain to you.

Mauritio

Thanks, for sharing . Makes me want to try a full dose of psilocybin even more! Would you say you could do a trip on your own in a good environment with food etc. ?

Nemo

I think it needs to be in high doses, my concern would be those who take SSRI’s along with lifestyles and diet that increase serotonin, they may have underlying fibrosis issues, the older generation were not taking SSRI’s in the amounts folks are today, I’m guessing their serotonin was slightly lower because diet was a touch better also.

I think LSD lowers serotonin, Drareg. Probably the stuff you like does too.

Also, I don't see how you take high doses of LSD unless you've done it accidentally. They used to put four doses on a single tab and call it a four-way. If you took that tab thinking it was a single dose, it was an unpleasant experience and not something you'd willingly repeat.

It's not something you want to do everyday. It's like a sacrament that you prepare for. I never knew anyone who wanted it more than once a week but a lot of friends took it several times a month for years.

SSRIs may induce fibrosis. Never looked at that, but I can well believe it.

Last edited:

Sam321

Mushrooms have a way of helping you move through past traumatic events, that's why they are valuable.

It helps us disconnect permanently from limbic impairment trauma loops so we can stop being ravaged from our inner voices and ***t.

Gabor Maté talks alot about how each disease can be traced back to specific traumas people have experienced in their lives. Anything that helps resolve these traumas is going to be a slam dunk for decreasing illness. Don't be surprised if big pharma steps in and tries to sabotage etheogens.

Mauritio

Sam321

PurpleHeart

Great post, really enjoyed reading this. I see you mention ‘fungal psylocybin’. I’ve not seen this mentioned before. Is this a specific type of mushroom? I love mushrooms but the next venture I have I'm keen to try and use a similar strain to you.
I have ingested various strains of Psilocybe cubensis and sclerotia truffles, I think set and setting plays a bigger role than anything else.
But you can probably also find out your favorite strains after eating a few different ones.

PurpleHeart

Thanks, for sharing . Makes me want to try a full dose of psilocybin even more! Would you say you could do a trip on your own in a good environment with food etc. ?
I never really went on a trip alone, I usually do it with the company of either my girlfriend or a group of friends, one time it was me and my childhood friend in a forest near our home town, and it was beatiful.

I am a little scared to go into a full blown deep dive completely alone but when I build up the courage and feel ready I will go for it.

I believe that the company of a good friend that you are close with, can help you through the experience, and also be a very bonding experience.

EchoTango

Do you have more info on that? I thought it was generally anti fibrotic.

He also smoked copious amounts of hash and was an FBI agent. I know many factors play into cancer, but I can see how a lifetime of being a professional conman and having a belly full of guilt can contribute to a brain tumor.

[Henk] He was forced to move to avoid capture by Interpol. He wandered through Southeast Asia viewing ruins, collected butterflies in Indonesia, and worked as an English teacher in Tokyo. He then went back to Berkeley to continue studying biology, which he called “his first love”.[6]
Note he fled to avoid capture by Interpol but then after a time he casually returns to Berkeley?
First of all, why would Terence friends hail the idea of him returning to the Amazon because they were concerned about his mental state while the cause of his mental state was his prior trip to the Amazon? That’s a contradiction. Why would Terence make up a reason to go back to the Amazon? Him being wanted by the FBI should be plenty reason I think.

Attempts to get an answer from Terence’s brother, Dennis, regarding the above episode have failed. It seems they want us to believe that Terence just went from being wanted by Interpol and the FBI to just casually lecturing about psychedelics. What happened in the interim? Someone must know the answer.

We finally have the conclusion to what happened to Terence after the FBI had caught him:

Questioner: I’m real curious about one thing. Why is it important for you to do this?
Terence McKenna: I wonder myself. You mean am I the alien ambassador whether I like it or not? [laughs]. Well, often when asked this question, I've said it beats honest work. I mean, my brother is a PhD in three subjects and works in hard science and yet I don't think it's brought him immense happiness. Not that he's despondent. But I was always kind of a slider. You know?
And certainly when I reached La Chorerra in 1971 I had a price on my head by the FBI, I was running out of money, I was at the end of my rope. And then they recruited me and said, "you know, with a mouth like yours there's a place for you in our organization". And I've worked in deep background positions about which the less said the better. And then about 15 years ago they shifted me into public relations and I've been there to the present.
I think ideas get me high. And I like the feeling of understanding and I love diversity to the point of weirdness.
Questioner: It seems that there's more to it than that for you. Because, you know, being tuned in to ideas and turned on by ideas is one thing, but you can keep that just to self. The sharing of it is something else. I think that's what we’re getting at. [??
Terence: well one thing is, I'm really fascinated… I think of myself as a pretty savvy person, and not easily led into false dogma…

The question remains: which agency did he work for? Was it the FBI, or the CIA? Since it was mostly the CIA doing the psychedelic studies on the masses, I think it's likely that he was CIA and is why the Agency was blocking my requests for his files several months ago: URGENT RELEASE: The CIA's Terence McKenna FOIA request response - "a search for records that would reveal a positive Agency affiliation" - "classified" - Logos Media

However, in Acid Dreams, Marty Lee, states (pg. 173):

So there is also the possibility that he was FBI.

Lastly, some have actually tried to claim that the mushrooms recruited McKenna. To this we must apply some logical deduction and critical thinking:

1) Do mushrooms have organizations, deep background and public relations (propaganda)? Or does a spy agency?
2) What would mushrooms need with a public relations or propaganda department? Or is that something a spy agency would have?
3) Would mushrooms tell him the less said the better: “deep background positions about which the less said the better”, or is that something an agency would do?
4) Do mushrooms have "positions"? Or does an agency?
5) Are the mushrooms able to pay him because he’s out of money? Or is that something an agency could do? (remember he's in trouble for smuggling)
6) Are mushrooms able to get him out of trouble with Interpol and the FBI for DRUG SMUGGLING? Or is that something an agency like the CIA or FBI could do?
7) Do mushrooms answer the story of what happened to him after his arrest? Or is that something that his employment as an agent would do?

The irony is that many don’t understand that someone who is in public relations, or propaganda, would use sophism to fool people who don’t understand logical fallacies and such manipulative tricks. Actually, that’s the entire point of propaganda in the first place.
When we understand that he was an agent, as he admits, then the contradictions are removed we don’t have to twist things into believing that magical mushroom beings or UFOs hired and paid him to work in their organization in public relations and deep background to the present – which he wasn’t allowed to discuss. These are things agencies do, not mushrooms or UFOs. Such a claim that the mushrooms recruited him is clearly ridiculous. The false claims of mushroom or aliens recruiting him is clearly a case of psychological cognitive dissonance and reaching for anything to avoid facing the facts which make one feel uncomfortable when they're faced with new information that might reveal that they were fooled. Rather than dreaming up magical beings to avoid the facts and issues, just laugh it off and admit you were fooled by those people. This way the next time it's less likely to happen to you again.

Hear the entire lecture here (See hours 4:21:50 - 4:24:05):

"The irony is that many don’t understand that someone who is in public relations, or propaganda, would use sophism to fool people who don’t understand logical fallacies and such manipulative tricks. Actually, that’s the entire point of propaganda in the first place."

One thing for sure is that Terence was/is the epitome of everything Mercurial, the trickster. His playfulness with language is a testament to that. Thanks for sharing this interview. Reading the transcribed interview is a much different experience than listening to the "bard" himself speaking. Up to now I was under the impression that he was dealing hash, and then after bringing back spores from the Amazon he and Dennis figured out a method of growing the mushrooms, and presumably Terence made money selling them. Terence has also mentioned before in an talk that he wondered why the CIA had never bothered him.. that he sent them a copy of one of his books but they left him alone.. However, I'm OK with uncertainty and will consider it a possibility that he was a gov agent of some brilliance. Afterall there are many instances of the CIA's involvement in shaping the culture such as their involment in promoting Modern art:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5YSikO6JRM

Makrosky

Mauritio, if you are new to psychedelics, I would start with psilocybin rather than with LSD. Mainly because of two things :

LSD trip lasts 12 hours or more. Has more potential for bad trips and stuff like that.
Psilocybin lasts around 6 hours. Has less potential for bad trips.

Philosopher stones truffles might be a good starting point.

Back
Top Bottom