Nature.com How ecstasy and psilocybin are shaking up psychiatry

Makrosky

It seems big tech could influence this decision, the micro-dosing culture has really taken off in the tech world, big tech seem to call the shots these days, they play the music the professional talking class dance to (politicians, journalists, social "scientists" etc) ,big pharma will be against it, it may cure something which isn’t good for profits.

Hofmann was also clear about the downside to hallucinogens, he had acid heads turning up his door in Switzerland quite a bit, he seen they were abusing it, we see it now with some YouTube channels pumping hallucinogenics as the answer, they criticize the nature of our human world while asking for money, wearing sweatshop made tie-die tshirts and using big tech devices made in sweatshops in China, the minerals for said tech are mined by kids in Africa, peace and love everyone.......
His own son was an alcoholic and Hofmann couldn’t help him, LSD has limits.

Hofmann knew it can reset the system, pulling you out of words and culture, giving you a lens to view thinking processes, essentially revealing how you know what you know, many fall back into old habits, they also realize they must apply energetic resources to "manifesting" their desires, it will also make them realize how they invested their time in the past has created a momentum for the future, your life is time limited and some desires need to be let go and can’t be achieved, some folks after LSD become depressed because of these realizations.
Maybe when the world goes "peaty" instead of "woke" we can move closer to longer lifespans and many goals can be realized.

I would like the experience it, mainly for the feedback loops that I believe are at work at every level of reality, the epigenetic residue in tissue Peat spoke of in Danny Roddys interview last week had me think about the feedback loops present in very aspect of the body.
Everything is a lens in reality it seems on some sort of all encompassing screen.

Like this-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPdk-FdoF08
Drareg, I also feel there is something very very nasty about establishment promoting these substances in official medicine now.

I am wondering if the intention is to secularize and monopolize them in a way that they are only used to make the people adapt to the system even better. Just like some of the modern psychotherapies. They are only a way to make people adapt and cope better with all the bull****.

Or just like when I read a couple of years ago schools were integrating "meditation" into the school system. WTF?

In a way, maybe they are trying to devoid them of their profound human and spiritual aspect by using them just as drugs.

A little bit like with tobacco, which IS a sacred plant and a medicine, and it became a totally desacralized thing.

Dunno but... smells fishy. These substances really have the potential to dismantle the system the way it is now if used properly, so I think they just want to assimilate it to official pharmacopeia and use it like psychiatric drugs. Since they cannot win the war against them by prohibiting them, they will assimilate them.

Drareg

Drareg, I also feel there is something very very nasty about establishment promoting these substances in official medicine now.

I am wondering if the intention is to secularize and monopolize them in a way that they are only used to make the people adapt to the system even better. Just like some of the modern psychotherapies. They are only a way to make people adapt and cope better with all the bull****.

Or just like when I read a couple of years ago schools were integrating "meditation" into the school system. WTF?

In a way, maybe they are trying to devoid them of their profound human and spiritual aspect by using them just as drugs.

A little bit like with tobacco, which IS a sacred plant and a medicine, and it became a totally desacralized thing.

Dunno but... smells fishy. These substances really have the potential to dismantle the system the way it is now if used properly, so I think they just want to assimilate it to official pharmacopeia and use it like psychiatric drugs. Since they cannot win the war against them by prohibiting them, they will assimilate them.
Of course they will do this, it’s a means for acquiring wealth/money which means bioenergetic resources.

I also find it interesting that the vibe people are left with tends to correlate with their intelligence before entering the trip, I think less intelligent people and normies can be easily primed by how the before and after trip are framed, I suspect they discovered this with MK ultra, they may not be able to fully control the mind but they can create a cybernetic feedback and control system to try prime you, an example is the influence people like russell brand, joe rogan etc have over those who use psychedelics, the contemporary shamans, I wonder if the shaman is a subtle form of authoritarianism from ancient tribes to stop tribes people from seeing beyond the tribe while tripping, insights such as why I am still living in a forest listening to boomer shaman in my thong styled leaf underpants.
We always get the one world, one mind narrative from them and we know the ruling class love this idea.
Highly intelligent people like Hofmann tend not to veer down these pathways.

Synchronicity here by the way, it was only yesterday I started getting an inclination to look into trip reports and videos about hallucinogens, I do this every once in a while to see if anyone moves beyond the cliche one love, one mind crap, it’s all love juts loooove, nobody can explain what love is in the videos, love is basically bioenergetic resources, the whole movement is dominated by clowns who seem to not see their contradictions despite numerous trips.

Drareg

This video is an example, from about 5:30 on he starts down the path of some of the issues I mention, he also mentions general zeitgeist of society around the time of this video‘s creation which highlights the framing potential I mention, I don’t wish to mock him but this love they all keep hopping on about is bioenergetic resources, for some reason the mind is suppressing this reality possibly for survival reasons, if you were to speak this openly people would see your motives and this decrease your chances of survival in general society, basically what benefits and maximizes my personal resources, the DMT and LSD as Peat mention probably hijacks the electromagnetic current and gives the maximum coherency available based on you underlying structure on that particular time. People keep going back to hijack the system because their diet and general environment have not been improved, their base bioenergetic state is incoherent.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPEJLSZE1Vw

Mauritio

Mauritio, if you are new to psychedelics, I would start with psilocybin rather than with LSD. Mainly because of two things :

LSD trip lasts 12 hours or more. Has more potential for bad trips and stuff like that.
Psilocybin lasts around 6 hours. Has less potential for bad trips.

Philosopher stones truffles might be a good starting point.
Thx! I tried lsd , psylocibin (4acodmt) , and truffels , all just microdoses.
The truffels gave me digestive problems for days ,so I'm better of with something more synthetic like 4aco dmt .

SOMO

Most of these psychedelic drugs increase serotonin which would be bad or they partially block some of the serotonin receptors and since each serotonin receptor has varied effects, it would be up to the person to research which receptors are affected and if this is going to result in better health.

I would not recommed taking ecstasy under any circumstance. It can cause serotonin syndrome and heart attacks and psychosis. There is no medical benefit to ecstasy greater than the potential harm, i.e. a worthless drug.

Also accessability is an issue, since you have to make plans with a drug dealer to acquire these substances.

In addition, they're illegal.

But ecstasy and shrooms obviously are not an equal comparison.
As far as shrooms go, I will say that the feel-good mental state only lasts a short while and the shrooms have diminishing returns. I did shrooms for a week straight and you can feel how after the first dose, the effectiveness of the mushrooms is reduced significantly.

I think there are safer ways to achieve the same thing.

SOMO

Lastly, some have actually tried to claim that the mushrooms recruited McKenna. To this we must apply some logical deduction and critical thinking:

1) Do mushrooms have organizations, deep background and public relations (propaganda)? Or does a spy agency?
2) What would mushrooms need with a public relations or propaganda department? Or is that something a spy agency would have?
3) Would mushrooms tell him the less said the better: “deep background positions about which the less said the better”, or is that something an agency would do?

There's a George R. R. Martin book A Song For Lya that he wrote before Game of Thrones where a fungus attracts space travelers to land on the planet where the fungus is growing.

Then the fungus attracts only certain people to its mold and then the mold consumes them and acquires their abilities/thoughts. Everyone that has succumbed to the psychic allure of the fungus lives inside the mold until eternity and communicates telepathically. Protagonists girlfriend wants to enter the mold colony but the protagonist doesn't think it's safe. While they're sleeping, the fungus sends a dream to the girlfriend and attracts her into the mycelium. At this point she is communicating with the protagonist through telepathy since her physical body has been consumed.

Makrosky

Thx! I tried lsd , psylocibin (4acodmt) , and truffels , all just microdoses.
The truffels gave me digestive problems for days ,so I'm better of with something more synthetic like 4aco dmt .
I see. Just saying it is better to do a full trip on psilocybin (6hrs) rather than a full trip on LSD (12hrs). It can be overwhelming!

bogbody

The diminishing returns aspect is due to tolerance, that’s why the Fadiman microdosing protocol uses a 3 day cycle. If you take it every day you build tolerance quickly but if you wait two days it rapidly returns. I have been microdosing psilocybin for many years and have found this to be the case for myself personally.

I found this quote from another user on here to be an interesting take on how they work though I can’t vouch for rhe scientific accuracy.

For me psychedelics have been a godsend, after years of absolutely worthless meds and therapy. I am mostly depression free now. In the beginning I was microdosing a couple of times a week and now maybe once a month. It also helps my migraines.

Serotonergic pyschedelics are biased agonists at most serotonin receptors. They agonize the receptors but the signalling cascade they cause is much different than what serotonin normally does, which is why they're psychedelic and serotonin isn't.

What I think they do is agonize the serotonin receptors in a non-harmful way, but still induce downregulation of the receptors long term, and they shut down serotonin release in the brain by interacting with the raphe nucleus (central module of serotonin in the brain).

If you tried to use serotonin to downregulate the receptors you'd get massive fibrosis and bad effects and serotonin syndrome, so the receptor downregulation wouldn't offset the cost of massive acute serotonin overload.

But because psychedelics activate the receptors differently and cause a very different signalling cascade, you get the same downregulation without the fibrosis and estrogen and nitric oxide release.

So they're like a cheat code for serotonin. The downregulation of serotonin receptors without the actualy damaging effets of serotonin.

As well, the psychedelic experience itself probabaly can have some antidepressant action. Psychedelics completely change the way the brain's circuits are organized. So the limbic system is activating in a way it never has before. Modules that usually never interact directly start creating connections, cortical areas are talking in a different pattern. It completely changes the wiring activity of the brain which ia why it can feel so weird. It can also be responsible for some people becoming"fried" from excessie psyche use, the new channels created are too powerful and the brain organizes itself in a way not conducive to the normal world, in fact not conducive to the way the brain has evolved to be organized in the firat place.

And then there's effects of photons being created by psychedelics, fluorescence, and microtubules, but I have no idea what any of that means.

Psychedelics can be useful as an antidepressant for some but they are not a surefire method. I know so many people who have tripped a ton and are depressed as hell. I really don't think it's that good for that purpose. For some it can be but don't get your hopes up.

Mauritio

I see. Just saying it is better to do a full trip on psilocybin (6hrs) rather than a full trip on LSD (12hrs). It can be overwhelming!
OK thanks! I might do a 4 aco dmt trip at some point .

Sam321

Can you please share some links for those limbic reset programs?
DNSR
Gutpa Program

R.A.I.N. by Tara Brach is also very helpful for trauma reintegration.
Check out her book radical compassion. Game changer for me.

Additionally, EMDR is great for single issue trauma and bi-lateral stimulation during therapy also helps for complex ptsd.

Back
Top Bottom