Natural sources of policosanol: Wheat, sugar cane and beeswax

Inaut

Not sure if it's directly related but since I've started taking beeswax orally, my poops have been amazing. Fun fact.

Inaut

1-2grams of bees wax plus 1x20mg of policosanols at night

Doc Sandoz

I think I will buy some local honey with honeycomb in it and chew a gram or two of that until the beeswax is gone.

Inaut

what effects you noticed from it friend? looks interesting definitely considering buying
It’s hard to say tbh. Lately I’ve been feeling pretty well overall and digestion/bowel movements are much improved so it’s gotta be multifaceted.

I think policosanols are a slow and steady type of benefit as they impact more than just cholesterol levels over time. I think circulation is a big one.

Stacked with aspirin is awesome and not mentioned much on the forum. It compliments it much like vitamin e ( Peat’s comment)

Dr. B

It’s hard to say tbh. Lately I’ve been feeling pretty well overall and digestion/bowel movements are much improved so it’s gotta be multifaceted.

I think policosanols are a slow and steady type of benefit as they impact more than just cholesterol levels over time. I think circulation is a big one.

Stacked with aspirin is awesome and not mentioned much on the forum. It compliments it much like vitamin e ( Peat’s comment)
what was peats comment exactly?

DonLore

Does anyone have any solid info if we can digest beeswax and policosanols from it?

Vinny

Beeswax continues to amaze me. 1 gram of yellow beeswax not only contains 5.2 mg of policosanol, it also contains very rare long-chain fatty acids:

lignoceric acid (C24) 10 mg
cerotic acid (C26) 44mg
montanic acid (C28) 26mg
melissic acid (C30) 20mg

I'm not sure if 26mg of montanic acid works similarly to 26mg of octacosanol, I thought they should work similarly.

Anyway, I took some beeswax today. Not sure exactly how much, maybe around 1 gram. I melted in my mouth together with white chocolate, as it won't melt otherwise as it so super saturated lol. I think it probably digests better this way.

I feel super warm and glowing some hours after it. Oral temperature is 37.4 C (99.32 F).
very interesting

Dr. B

Does anyone have any solid info if we can digest beeswax and policosanols from it?
maybe if you chew it to dissolve it, someone said it lasts an hour so, so it could be used as a chewing gum replacement, trains the jaw as well as digests properly, dissolves. it might be especially important to be chewing gum or beeswax if doing a mostly liquid or cheese diet... with milk/OJ, coconut water, even if eating rice and potatoes and meat, those things are all soft to chew unless you're chewing a tough steak. so if not eating a steak it may be important to chew gum or beeswax... i havent found a good source for mastic gum, plus beeswax has some unique benefits... Ray said if beeswax is emulsifier it should work like policosanol... i dont know how you would emulsify it but i assume chewing till it dissolves should work well?

Inaut

maybe if you chew it to dissolve it, someone said it lasts an hour so, so it could be used as a chewing gum replacement, trains the jaw as well as digests properly, dissolves. it might be especially important to be chewing gum or beeswax if doing a mostly liquid or cheese diet... with milk/OJ, coconut water, even if eating rice and potatoes and meat, those things are all soft to chew unless you're chewing a tough steak. so if not eating a steak it may be important to chew gum or beeswax... i havent found a good source for mastic gum, plus beeswax has some unique benefits... Ray said if beeswax is emulsifier it should work like policosanol... i dont know how you would emulsify it but i assume chewing till it dissolves should work well?
If you chew the beeswax long enough, it breaks up into tiny pieces. An hour is probably the right amount of time.

Coderr

What do you think about rock sugar? It is made from sugar cane. Can we get enough Policosonal when we consume 10 grams?

Inaut

lipid/cholesterol lowerer
not sure how good it works or how helpful the supplements are
original vitamin E apparently had it
and beeswax, sugarcane wax has it
Klotho
Works on vitamin d receptor
Helps displace pufa
More benefits than I care to state atm

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals