Natural Progesterone (but Not Synthetic Progestins) Has Potent Anti-hypertensive Effects

haidut

Forum Supporter
As many readers already know, synthetic estrogens and progestins currently dominate the market for female reproductive health. These chemicals are in everything from birth control pills, to drugs for "treating" endometriosis, to drugs for menopausal symptoms, to treating neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's, etc. The argument for using synthetic version of both hormones has always been the same (scam) - i.e. they are just like the bioidentical steroids, only better...and safer. Of course, none of these claims has ever been tested/proven in human clinical trials. Now, while the dangers of estrogen (both synthetic and natural) have largely been uncovered (yet currently disputed by Big Pharma) as a result of the Women Health Initiative (WHI) studies, the dangers of synthetic progestins are largely kept under wraps. Even when a damning study about them appears in a scientific journal the industry aggressively lobbies the scientific news outlets to write the popular press articles about "progesterone" and avoid mentioning both the synthetic progestins as well as suggesting that there may be any difference between the synthetic and bioidentical version. Thus, over the years, Big Pharma has made sure that natural progesterone got all the negative press while the synthetic progestins remained largely shielded. Here is just a small list of studies that barely begins to expose the giant scam on synthetic progestins.

Natural Progesterone May Help Breast Cancer Treatment: Study
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-12-breast-cancer-patients-benefit-controversial.html
The estrogenic activity of synthetic progestins used in oral contraceptives enhances fatty acid synthase-dependent breast cancer cell proliferation... - PubMed - NCBI
Genomic agonism and phenotypic antagonism between estrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer

In addition to the breast cancer link to synthetic progestins, and the protective effects of natural progesterone, there are also studies linking the synthetic progestins to heart disease (CVD). Those studies also claim natural progesterone has a protective effect.

Different cardiovascular effects of progestins according to structure and activity. - PubMed - NCBI

I stumbled upon an older study that demonstrates potent antihypertensive effect of natural progesterone, as opposed to synthetic progestins, and states that it is lower progesterone levels in men that may account for their higher risk of CVD, as well as for the equalized CVD risk in women after menopause. Hence, the study makes the call for using only natural progesterone and not the synthetic progestins if proper cardiovascular health is desired.

Natural progesterone and antihypertensive action. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Blood concentrations of progesterone in premenopausal women are high in the luteal phase of each ovulatory menstrual cycle but fall to 30% of the follicular phase in postmenopausal women. Men have similarly low blood concentrations of progesterone. The results of this pilot study suggest that natural progesterone produces a significant reduction in blood pressure at doses which give plasma concentrations that are just above luteal phase concentrations. The physiology of progesterone suggests that its antihypertensive action is peripheral, although an additional central action cannot be excluded. In this study the less predictable reduction of erect blood pressure could have been due to the presumed vasodilation action of natural progesterone being overridden by reflex sympathetic vasoconstrictor activity. We suggest that progesterone is a "protective" female hormone. The low blood progesterone concentrations present after the menopause could account for the finding that the prevalence of high blood pressure and incidence of cardiovascular disease in women tend to catch up with those in men.1 This property would recommend the use of natural progesterone in combined oral contraceptives instead of synthetic gestagens."

Trambak

@haidut This is very interesting!
How to translate this to a daily supplement dosage of CortiNon, for a man: "The results of this pilot study suggest that natural progesterone produces a significant reduction in blood pressure at doses which give plasma concentrations that are just above luteal phase concentrations." 5 drops daily would cover it? Or, like, 4 drops, 3 times a day?
I sure will try this. I already planned to use CortiNon for anti-aging et c, but wanted to finish my 3 month of Bulgarian Tribulis first (I'm six weeks in). Perhaps it's OK to stack them?

equipoise

@haidut This is very interesting!
How to translate this to a daily supplement dosage of CortiNon, for a man: "The results of this pilot study suggest that natural progesterone produces a significant reduction in blood pressure at doses which give plasma concentrations that are just above luteal phase concentrations." 5 drops daily would cover it? Or, like, 4 drops, 3 times a day?
I sure will try this. I already planned to use CortiNon for anti-aging et c, but wanted to finish my 3 month of Bulgarian Tribulis first (I'm six weeks in). Perhaps it's OK to stack them?
@Trambak did you ever experiment with P4+DHEA mix then? What were the results?

Trambak

@Trambak did you ever experiment with P4+DHEA mix then? What were the results?
Yes, I did, last year. For 3 months. It didn't lower my blood pressure, sadly. (It felt good for general vitality and stuff, though.) I've tried a lot of stuff to normalize my BP, you name it. Everything alreday mentioned in this forum, basically. I have 175-180/100-105 in the morning: sometimes little less, sometimes little more. I seem to be a hard case. CortiNon might work for a more "normal" BP problem. I'm now trying 6-methoxy-harmalan. If that doesn't work, I might try to get a prescription for Losartan...

Mauritio

-
"Sex hormones have been shown to be negatively associated with hypertension, but the relationship between serum progesterone levels and hypertension has not been adequately studied. Therefore, we aimed to evaluate the association between progesterone and hypertension among Chinese rural adults. A total of 6222 participants were recruited, which included 2577 men and 3645 women. The concentration of serum progesterone was detected by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometer system (LC-MS/MS). Logistic regression and linear regression were used to assess the associations between progesterone levels and hypertension and blood pressure related indicators, respectively. Constrained splines were used to fit the dose-response relationships of progesterone with hypertension and blood pressure related indicators. Moreover, the interactive effects of several lifestyle factors and progesterone were identified by a generalized linear model. After fully adjusting the variables, progesterone levels were inversely associated with hypertension in men [odds ratio (OR): 0.851, 95% confidence interval (CI): 0.752, 0.964]. Among men, a 2.738 ng/ml increase in progesterone was associated with a 0.557 mmHg decrease in diastolic blood pressure (DBP) (95% CI: -1.007, -0.107) and a 0.541 mmHg decrease in mean arterial pressure (MAP) (95% CI: -1.049, -0.034), respectively. Similar results were observed in postmenopausal women. Interactive effect analysis showed that only a significant interaction was observed between progesterone and educational attainment on hypertension in premenopausal women (p=0.024). Elevated levels of serum progesterone were associated with hypertension in men. Except for premenopausal women, a negative association of progesterone with blood pressure related indicators was observed."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals