Natural Instincts Vs Parasite Subversion

michael94

I used to in the past be the biggest proponent of "follow your instincts." Not terrible advice and seemed foolproof at the time but as I've overcome various health issues I don't look at it so simply. By that I mean parasites ( fungi, viruses, mycoplasma, pathogenic bacteria etc ) affect your behavior and cravings in very real ways that are detrimental to your health.

When I started doing enemas and taking kerosene, I expelled so much old fecal matter ( I was fasting at the time ) and nasty looking sh** ( maybe candida but not sure ) it was hard to believe. Everything about my behavior and food cravings changed. Meat and most animal products are disgusting to me now and I didn't even approach the situation attempting to go vegan.

What do you guys think about this? Is "follow your instincts" dangerous advice at times?

Some interesting anectdotes and evidence of host manipulation

Parasite uses the power of sexual attraction to trick rats into becoming cat food
Neuroethology of Parasites That Alter Host Behaviour - Neurowiki 2013

and this image, seems like a bit of a stretch but I see no reason for him to make this up.

gayvirus.png

sm1693

Good observations. This is what I think of when people tell me they "can't stop eating." Invariably, it is a pufa fried snack food that they can't stop consuming. Such foods are the perfect meal for gut bacteria as they offer no protection against microbes for their entire transit time.

When I first became infected with toxoplasmosis I felt strange driving the car - like on a roller coaster and felt like I shouldn't be behind the wheel. I went through a red light at a familiar intersection. I was previously religious and threw out all my religious icons and anything religious in the house and didn't want to set foot in a Church again-a complete reversal .I have become isolated and housebound but was a bit that way before , more so now.I don't like sharing my brain with a rat whatever, but it is common in the population.I donated blood at one stage before the diagnosis and I don't think they screen for toxo. I had preferred to eat meat "underdone". Hopefully my granddaughter didn't pick it up as she had a marked personality change and is quite a handful now, especially around full moon when parasites are active.Ewww.

Runenight201

I’m a firm proponent of following your instincts, in combination with a self-aware post food consumption conscious state observation.

Someone may really crave junk food for instance, but upon reflection post consumption, realize it causes them anxiety, or depression, or fuzzy cognition, or irritability, or digestive upset, etc...

When the cravings have been aligned with foods that promote good health, the individual cannot err and has perfectly aligned instinct with health. I believe this to be the ultimate realization of natural food intuition, and is a state I have been working diligently towards.