Natural (but Not Synthetic) Progesterone Stops Breast Cancer

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ray has written several times about the clever trick the pharma industry implements in order to show that progesterone is "dangerous" and thus justify continued treatments with estrogen for a variety of conditions estrogen is known to actually cause. The synthetic progestins used in many breast cancer studies have very little progesterone activity, some of them are estrogenic and almost all of them activate the glucocorticoid receptor in a manner similar to cortisol. This is why there are quite a few case studies showing development of Cushing syndrome from using synthetic progesterone (but not a single case study due to natural progesterone). Peat wrote something along the lines of "even testosterone is a better progestogen than the synthetic progestins".
Anyways, the scientists behind this latest study are apparently well-aware of the synthetic progestin scam and made a point of using bioidentical progesterone. As you can see, the progesterone treatment "put the brakes" on the breast cancer. What's more, a new progesteronic drug caused tumor regression. This new drug (CDB4124, Telapristone) is dubbed "selective progesterone receptor modulator", but is in fact a glucocorticoid receptor antagonist, similar to mifepristone (RU486).
Telapristone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chances are that bioidentical progesterone in higher doses can have the same effects as Telapristone, given that progesterons is also a glucocorticodi antagonist. Peat once wrote that an effective treatment of breast cancer with progesterone would need about 2,000mg daily and that should make the tumor to actually disappear.

Genomic agonism and phenotypic antagonism between estrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer | Science Advances
Natural Progesterone May Help Breast Cancer Treatment: Study

"...The role of estrogen in driving tumor growth in breast cancers is well established, but the role of progesterone is the topic of much controversy. According to Tilley, this is because of past studies showing some negative effects of synthetic versions of progesterone used in hormonal therapy for postmenopausal women. “We have known for some time that the progesterone receptor plays an important role in breast cancer, but gaps in our knowledge of the function of this receptor in breast tumors have limited the potential to develop new treatments,” explained Tilley. “In our studies, we are using natural progesterone, or forms of this hormone that are biologically identical to the natural hormone, and testing it on breast cancer tissue taken from women with cancer.” The present study employed a special breast cancer modeling technique that was developed by the UA group, which allowed them to test potential new treatments directly on breast cancer tissue donated by patients. It confirmed that progesterone receptors reprogram the actions of estrogen receptor, with an overall ‘braking effect’ on tumor growth. The researchers also identified a new progesterone receptor-targeting drug that not only opposed the action of estrogen in breast cancers to halt tumor growth, but actually caused the tumors to regress. This new drug is now poised to enter clinical trials."

whit

Ray has written several times about the clever trick the pharma industry implements in order to show that progesterone is "dangerous" and thus justify continued treatments with estrogen for a variety of conditions estrogen is known to actually cause. The synthetic progestins used in many breast cancer studies have very little progesterone activity, some of them are estrogenic and almost all of them activate the glucocorticoid receptor in a manner similar to cortisol. This is why there are quite a few case studies showing development of Cushing syndrome from using synthetic progesterone (but not a single case study due to natural progesterone). Peat wrote something along the lines of "even testosterone is a better progestogen than the synthetic progestins".
Anyways, the scientists behind this latest study are apparently well-aware of the synthetic progestin scam and made a point of using bioidentical progesterone. As you can see, the progesterone treatment "put the brakes" on the breast cancer. What's more, a new progesteronic drug caused tumor regression. This new drug (CDB4124, Telapristone) is dubbed "selective progesterone receptor modulator", but is in fact a glucocorticoid receptor antagonist, similar to mifepristone (RU486).
Telapristone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chances are that bioidentical progesterone in higher doses can have the same effects as Telapristone, given that progesterons is also a glucocorticodi antagonist. Peat once wrote that an effective treatment of breast cancer with progesterone would need about 2,000mg daily and that should make the tumor to actually disappear.

Genomic agonism and phenotypic antagonism between estrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer | Science Advances
Natural Progesterone May Help Breast Cancer Treatment: Study

"...The role of estrogen in driving tumor growth in breast cancers is well established, but the role of progesterone is the topic of much controversy. According to Tilley, this is because of past studies showing some negative effects of synthetic versions of progesterone used in hormonal therapy for postmenopausal women. “We have known for some time that the progesterone receptor plays an important role in breast cancer, but gaps in our knowledge of the function of this receptor in breast tumors have limited the potential to develop new treatments,” explained Tilley. “In our studies, we are using natural progesterone, or forms of this hormone that are biologically identical to the natural hormone, and testing it on breast cancer tissue taken from women with cancer.” The present study employed a special breast cancer modeling technique that was developed by the UA group, which allowed them to test potential new treatments directly on breast cancer tissue donated by patients. It confirmed that progesterone receptors reprogram the actions of estrogen receptor, with an overall ‘braking effect’ on tumor growth. The researchers also identified a new progesterone receptor-targeting drug that not only opposed the action of estrogen in breast cancers to halt tumor growth, but actually caused the tumors to regress. This new drug is now poised to enter clinical trials."

2000mg daily. How long would progesterone likely need to be administered?
Are there any human trials on this?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
2000mg daily. How long would progesterone likely need to be administered?
Are there any human trials on this?

I don't think there are trials with 2,000mg daily. The human study Ray mentioned used 250mg daily, I think. Not sure how long it needs to be taken but I gather monitoring the tumor size would be a good indicator. If it shrinks a lot then the dose can probably be lowered or even stopped completely.

i wonder if this also would fix prostate cancers. I think yes. The effects of the progesterone would be emasculating though.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
i wonder if this also would fix prostate cancers. I think yes. The effects of the progesterone would be emasculating though.

For prostate cancer, testosterone also works, as well as possibly DHT. In fact, DHT is better for prostate cancer as T can aromatize in people under stress. Low doses DHEA can probably achieve the same effects as T/DHT.
Cancer "paradox": Testosterone Inhibits Prostate Cancer
DHT Lowers Serotonin Synthesis, May Treat (testicular) Cancer

whit

I don't think there are trials with 2,000mg daily. The human study Ray mentioned used 250mg daily, I think. Not sure how long it needs to be taken but I gather monitoring the tumor size would be a good indicator. If it shrinks a lot then the dose can probably be lowered or even stopped completely.

Thanks.
Are there any adverse side effects at those dosages? I've not seen any human studies with natural progesterone at these dosages.
Do you know if pregnenalone increases the effects of progesterone as it does DHEA?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks.
Are there any adverse side effects at those dosages? I've not seen any human studies with natural progesterone at these dosages.
Do you know if pregnenalone increases the effects of progesterone as it does DHEA?

Probably no adverse effects for women except thinning of the blood similar to what aspirin or vitamin E would do. So, maybe adding a little vitamin K would help and it will also provide anti-cancer effects of its own. Pregnenolone potentiates the effects of progesterone, DHEA, testosterone and DHT. It tends to oppose estrogen, cortisol, an aldosterone. In males, taking pregnenolone is probably better than megadosing progesterone directly. A dose of progesterone that high will probably cause libido issues and even penis shrinkage in males, so it's best to stick to pregnenolone. It's also more economical and can be bought OTC.

MommaBear

Thank u for this! My daughter needs to be put on progesterone and estrogen due to turner's syndrome issues causing ovarian failure before puberty starts. I am here hoping to find a more natural source of progesterone so we don't have to go the pharmaceutical route.

tara

I am here hoping to find a more natural source of progesterone so we don't have to go the pharmaceutical route.
I think pretty much all the progesterone here and from other supplements is synthesised - eg from diosgenin found in wild yam (the human body cannot do this conversion itself). The important variables to pay attention to are probably to ensure that it is bio-identical progesterone (not other molecules like progestins or progestogens), and whether the other ingredients in the formulations support good absorption and avoid introducing other excessive risks.

Peat patented a process of dissolving progesterone in vit-E and using this to deliver progesterone effectively, esp. through the gums.
There are a couple of formulations mentioned around here - Progest-E (Kenogen) and Simply Progesterone (Healthnatura) that are based on (but not identical to) his patented version, that several of us here have used.
Also there Progestene (Idealabs/Haidut) dissolved in DMSO. DMSO is effective for increasing absorption, and in these small quantities causes little or no issues for most people (except possibly skin irritation that can be mitigated with extra water with application). Peat has said that it's safe for most people, but a few people may have trouble with it. DMSO can also increase dispersion/absorption of other chemicals through the body, so I'd consider this wrt any other medicines, skin care products being used at the same time.