Natural Bodybuilding

I think it might be because he stopped working towards happiness and started working towards looking like an erect piness. He just lost a couple letters along the way :mrgreen:

OP
S

slayers

my goal is to be strong and lean... BUt i think once you get sub 8% you start running into health problems....

I think natural bodybuilding is probably an unhealthy sport.... I think using thyroid and TRT though would be helpful when trying to achieve a desired look

I personally would like having more muscles but also I enjoy having the strength to let my goals change when they need to. As far as success with other people I've seen strong, weak, healthy, unhealthy people attract others to themselves so I don't stress much about that. The one thing they have in common is energy, which people crave often unknowingly. As far as personal challenges go, I find there's harder ones as well as more rewarding ones around but perhaps I don't get it. I am also not the one with enough health to spare to be at five percent body fat and enjoy the privileges for a prolonged amount of time.

slayers said:
Do you think natural bodybuilding is extremely hamrful to the body and long term health?

http://suppversity.blogspot.de/2013/03/ ... e-six.html

cutting for a prep killed this mans hormones ....
I'm still experimenting with this to see if there is a natural way (for me) to do it, without "cutting" or restricting calories. I feel "cutting" is stressful, at least when I've tried it, and stress harms metabolism, it's only a matter of when or where, not if.

One alternative I'm testing is that storing bodyfat is a response to endotoxic stress, and that is why we may be so much leaner naturally when we are young: we just haven't built up endotoxic stress yet. As we get older, endotoxins accumulate in various kinds of tissue, including adipose tissue, and the tissue then swells from the endotoxins.

Peat cites a study that found coconut oil "completely abolished the response to endotoxins." So that gives me hope!

Dutchie

visionofstrength said:
slayers said:
One alternative I'm testing is that storing bodyfat is a response to endotoxic stress, and that is why we may be so much leaner naturally when we are young: we just haven't built up endotoxic stress yet. As we get older, endotoxins accumulate in various kinds of tissue, including adipose tissue, and the tissue then swells from the endotoxins.

Peat cites a study that found coconut oil "completely abolished the response to endotoxins." So that gives me hope!

Yeah,that's what I'm starting to think too,that toxins/not being able to get rid of toxins naturally is at least a keyfactor in obesity.
I frequently read that bellyfat is not only bc of high Cortisol but also the Liver being overloaded or at least not being able to filter out everything.

Curt :-)

I think you're onto something here guys. BUT, I've always been very unhealthy; awful hormonal profile and super toxic, yet I've always stayed lean. It's a mystery to me...

Curt :-) said:
I think you're onto something here guys. BUT, I've always been very unhealthy; awful hormonal profile and super toxic, yet I've always stayed lean. It's a mystery to me...
Agree, the adipose tissue is not the only tissue that accumulates endotoxins. It's just the most noticeable to the outside observer. Liver, prostate, brain, joints, pancreas, are just a few of the others that come to mind. This may explain the "obesity paradox" in which obese people have a higher survival rate than thin people. Adiposity may be adaptive.

It's also a reason why "cutting" to lose bodyfat may be anti-adaptive, and create unintended harms when the endotoxins in adipose tissue go elsewhere.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was like that too. In hindsight I think part of it (besides my poor eating habits) was high adrenaline.

@VoS, stop being so smart :):
@Blossom, yes, I think so too; always had plenty of energy but never slept soundly. Dr Peat is my favourite person ;-)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom, yes, I think so too; always had plenty of energy but never slept soundly. Dr Peat is my favourite person ;-)
Mine too! What a coincidence :lol: !

Btw Blossom, you're absolutely lovely. You always put your point of view forward so gently. I always smile when your name comes up on threads ☺️

juanitacarlos

Btw Blossom, you're absolutely lovely. You always put your point of view forward so gently. I always smile when your name comes up on threads ☺️

Agreed! Blossom you're a sweetie. And share great in info.

Blossom said:
Mine too! What a coincidence :lol: !
Oops, I just realized that something I said may have sounded needlessly scary, and a not so smart, to people (like Curt) who are naturally lean, so please allow me to rephrase (Curt, et al.):

If you are naturally lean, even so, you are likely to have 12% adipose tissue, and at least 3% of that is visceral or organ fat that protects your organs. That amount is likely enough to envelope all the endotoxins that escape from the gut (assuming that is what adipose tissue does), especially when you are young, or else you would make more bodyfat (as you might later, as you age).

Takeaway: Being naturally lean isn't, of course, unhealthy, but "cutting" or calorie restricting to remove potentially protective bodyfat is where the "obesity paradox" could arise.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals