Natural Bodybuilding Competition With RP's-style Diet

DaveFoster

Gotcha, thanks. I'm having a harder time adhering and am eating more fat compared to my last run, which would explain things.. any reccomendations for an upper limit for fats? This for a 6'0" 200lb male sitting at 20%bf.
Around 40-60 grams is enough. Lowering estrogen will lead to significant water weight loss.

T

tca300

@Jsaute21 At one point, I used it several days per week at 3mg, but I dont see a reason to anymore, and haven't in months, and doubt I will any time soon.

T

tca300

@Orion I was specifically talking about using a red light device. The sun would be an ok option, except clouds, blue light, cant expose myself during the evening ( dark outside) and I might go to jail for being naked in public.

sladerunner69

Would some of RP's foods and supps give me an advantage if I were to diet down for a bodybuilding show?

Severe calorie restriction, and lifting heavy (at least) 4 times won't be avoidable if you want to get down to 6% body fat or even lower, while maintaining good muscle mass.

But if instead of chicken, rice and broccoli and exhausting cardio, I did some of the familiar things on this forum:

Foods:
Protein: 0% milk + gelatin and occasional ruminant muscle meat.
Carbs: OJ and fruit
Fat: coconut oil and occasional cheese and dairy.

Supps:
A, K, D, E, taurine and niacinamide, coffee, magnesium, etc. Bathing in red light, bag breathing.

Wouldn't this stuff keep my stress hormones relatively low, and androgens high despite (severe) calorie restriction and allow me to slay the competition??

Perhaps, although I do recall Peat stating that the optimal diet woud not be optimal for muscle growth. Clearly professional bodybuilding is not a legitimately health concious sport/hobby, and I would argue that we have witnessed many bodybuilding greats die early deaths or suffer for their choices and intense training because hardcore dieting and very very low bodyfat and cardio and intense training and artificially elevated androgens and pre workout focus drugs will all have a negative impact on one's health in the long term.

I doubt you are as concerned by this because you are in a natural bodybuilding comp but I think the risks are still there, just kind of muted. To earn that veyr low bodyfat you will have to restrict not just fat but very low calories and also avoid salt to lower water retention, which is not beneficial for the metabolism. Ray has stated that gelatinous meat has very many health benefits "but does not signal muscle atrophy the way meat does" meaning muscle meats. Eating a lot fo muscle meats may be highly inflammatory and increase nitric oxide considerably but of course it will help your muscles grow large as well as achieve that bodybuilding "pump" from nitric oxide.

What Im trying my best to point out here is that bodybuilding goals, even natural bodybuilding, are not often compatible with optimal health from a metabolism/thyroid/stress perspective.

thms

wouldnt low fat cause low testosterone? (assuming one doesnt favor sugar over starch)

grenade

wouldnt low fat cause low testosterone? (assuming one doesnt favor sugar over starch)

I think favoring sugar over starch is what will prevent a drop in testosterone if you eat low fat. Plus having shrimp reguarly should help since it's loaded with cholesterol.

OP
encerent

encerent

@grenade For me personally I have found that Keeping fat under 10% total calories, and keeping that fat as saturated as possible, through MCT oil and or hydrogenated coconut oil. Using fruit instead of starch, plenty of gelatin/glycine/taurine, plenty of salt, epsom salt foot soaks, lots of total body red light exposure ( I do about 7 minutes every 1-2 hours while awake), coffee, thyroid supplement ( if you are hypothyroid ) keeping track of my individual caloric needs and not exceeding them, lots of low intensity walking, sleep, and low volume intense heavy strength training twice per week. Basically what I do 24/7. Nicotine might help too ( never used it ). Using a real, good quality vitamin E is important, especially during fat loss. If your thyroid is working good, small amounts of DHEA can help too. Self experimentation is important I think.

Looks like you've got everything nailed down. Good job, man. I'm trying to get there. Bad sleep is holding me back.

grenade

@tca300 @DaveFoster thanks for the info gentlemen.

@tca300 why is vitamin e important during fat loss? Because of PUFA release?

1. Would this PUFA release slow down the metabolism overtime?
2. What vitamin e do you take?

T

tca300

@grenade Yes, the vitamin E helps protect you from PUFA thats released and not used as fuel right away ( which is one main reason why eating low total fat is important ), and the saturated fat ( MCT ) and sugar helps keep metabolism going high during weight loss. I forgot to mention a high calcium intake speeds fat loss too. I use Vitamin E, Mixed Tocopherols 95% - Lotioncrafter. topically.
Keeping PUFA intake really low indefinitely, along with eating pro thyroid foods and living a pro thyroid lifestyle I think will help keep metabolism up, at least more so than eating PUFA and other anti-metabolic foods/ lifestyle choices would, in comparison that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tca300

@mirc12354 I just take a very small amount of hydrogenated coconut oil and spread a thin layer on an area that its least likely to get rubbed off from daily activities, and rub a small amount of E on top of the coconut oil area.

Orion

@mirc12354 I just take a very small amount of hydrogenated coconut oil and spread a thin layer on an area that its least likely to get rubbed off from daily activities, and rub a small amount of E on top of the coconut oil area.

Any reason for not taking it orally? reactions?

T

tca300

@Orion I think its safer, less potential for allergic reactions, I dont like the taste, and if I take a similar amount orally it makes my stomach upset.

D

Deleted member 5487

Do you have any documentation backing up your claim?

Keep starch consumption Before and After your workouts. Potatoes are superior to rice by a large margin. The high potassium content and high water content greatly enhance potatos their use as glycogen.

Pressure cook them in salted garlic water with table spoon of butter. The flavors are Infused

1 hour prior to lifting Have One potato. As soon as you get home after 2-3 Depending on your lift. Squats and Deadlifts? Eat three. Just some curls and bench stick to 1-2. Utilize sucrose the rest of the time. Glut transporters will be on the muscle and ready to take up lots of glucose. Don't put fat on the potatoes this will block your body's natural response to having enough glucose, cheesy butter mashpotatos will make you fat as ***t. Straight salted potatoes not at all just know when to quit. Once the post workout potatoes takes bland and bad stop eating. The rest will shuttle to the adipose and make u look soft and puffy.

You will find the workout to be enhanced by the first potato and the recover and glycogen also enhanced with the post workout ones.

It's very difficult to fill muscle glycogen up with straight sugar(fruit) it stimulates the metabolism, turns into lactate, and burned off before stored. Potatoes provide very large amounts of glucose very quickly which gets shuttled away as fat if your diet also contains decent protein/sugar and some fat.

Tyw and Westside Pufa go low protein and Low fat and can handle constant glucose loads without weight gain.

Starch plays a big role in the bodybuilder community but it is also very abused by novice and intermediate lifters. This creates the common gym rat to build the Puffy-Water-Estrogen "buff" boy that has to cut 4 months out of the year to look remotely aesthetic. Way to much sacoplastic hypertrophy and intracellular glycogen and water creates this look.

Sugar is great for "Now" energy and maintains the already stored glycogen. Utilize potatoes

Last edited by a moderator:

thms

Keep starch consumption Before and After your workouts. Potatoes are superior to rice by a large margin. The high potassium content and high water content greatly enhance potatos their use as glycogen.

Pressure cook them in salted garlic water with table spoon of butter. The flavors are Infused

1 hour prior to lifting Have One potato. As soon as you get home after 2-3 Depending on your lift. Squats and Deadlifts? Eat three. Just some curls and bench stick to 1-2. Utilize sucrose the rest of the time. Glut transporters will be on the muscle and ready to take up lots of glucose. Don't put fat on the potatoes this will block your body's natural response to having enough glucose, cheesy butter mashpotatos will make you fat as ***t. Straight salted potatoes not at all just know when to quit. Once the post workout potatoes takes bland and bad stop eating. The rest will shuttle to the adipose and make u look soft and puffy.

You will find the workout to be enhanced by the first potato and the recover and glycogen also enhanced with the post workout ones.

It's very difficult to fill muscle glycogen up with straight sugar(fruit) it stimulates the metabolism, turns into lactate, and burned off before stored. Potatoes provide very large amounts of glucose very quickly which gets shuttled away as fat if your diet also contains decent protein/sugar and some fat.

Tyw and Westside Pufa go low protein and Low fat and can handle constant glucose loads without weight gain.

Starch plays a big role in the bodybuilder community but it is also very abused by novice and intermediate lifters. This creates the common gym rat to build the Puffy-Water-Estrogen "buff" boy that has to cut 4 months out of the year to look remotely aesthetic. Way to much sacoplastic hypertrophy and intracellular glycogen and water creates this look.

Sugar is great for "Now" energy and maintains the already stored glycogen. Utilize potatoes

Thank you!!

potatoes make me super lethargic for some reason... rice no problems with that but indeed no potassium ... i dont train everyday (anymore) and if i only take potatoes before and after workouts i would eat them 2 - 3 times a week...

I think need a lot of carbs for my build (100 kg around 12% bodyfat) and indeed i have the common gym rat puffy water estrogen buff boy look that has to cut 4 months out of the year... :(

if i understand you correctly, fruit doesnt fill up muscle glycogen as good? so i have to eat more starch? But than you say starch makes you puffy and fat?

can you give me advice about my carb choises then to look / be leaner and harder?

your help is so much appriciated, i cant seem to pin down why i have the softer look since starting incomporating more sugar in my diet... when eating pure sugar i hold much more water around my stomach area.

Abc123

Thank you!!

potatoes make me super lethargic for some reason... rice no problems with that but indeed no potassium ... i dont train everyday (anymore) and if i only take potatoes before and after workouts i would eat them 2 - 3 times a week...

I think need a lot of carbs for my build (100 kg around 12% bodyfat) and indeed i have the common gym rat puffy water estrogen buff boy look that has to cut 4 months out of the year... :(

if i understand you correctly, fruit doesnt fill up muscle glycogen as good? so i have to eat more starch? But than you say starch makes you puffy and fat?

can you give me advice about my carb choises then to look / be leaner and harder?

your help is so much appriciated, i cant seem to pin down why i have the softer look since starting incomporating more sugar in my diet... when eating pure sugar i hold much more water around my stomach area.

I have that same issue when I increased my sugar intake and holding more water around my belly. I can't seem to get good pumps either. I do supplement with T3. I do hear T3 does "flatten" your muscles out. I'm not sure If I need a lot more carbs and less fat?