Naproxen instead of asprin for covid? - asthmatic.

tankasnowgod

Why do you want to use Naproxen instead of Aspirin? Personally, I haven't used any NSAID except aspirin since finding Peat, so I wouldn't know.

I had a bad headache recently, lasted several hours (over the course of a couple days), and aspirin didn't seem to do anything. I used some cyproheptadine, and it made a huge difference quickly. I don't know if any of these would be contraindicated in asthma. I would think it would be listed on drugs.com or the wikipedia page (for any drug, including naproxen and cypro) if it were.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

Why do you want to use Naproxen instead of Aspirin? Personally, I haven't used any NSAID except aspirin since finding Peat, so I wouldn't know.

I had a bad headache recently, lasted several hours (over the course of a couple days), and aspirin didn't seem to do anything. I used some cyproheptadine, and it made a huge difference quickly. I don't know if any of these would be contraindicated in asthma. I would think it would be listed on drugs.com or the wikipedia page (for any drug, including naproxen and cypro) if it were.
I am asthmatic too. Aspirin and cyproheptadine do have warnings on the data sheet.
Cyproheptadine does give me a little lung difficulty but not enough to put me off completely.
Salicylic acid often causes problems for asthmatics. It definitely does for me. My lungs vary in response but as an example, some years ago I made myself some juiced grass which I had grown. I lost a whole nights sleep as my lungs became mucous filled.
I was prescribed naproxen as an alternative to ibuprofen recently for a sprained ankle. It worked remarkable well.

ww3not4me

If you have asthma you need to increase sodium intake a lot.

Most NSAIDS are hit and miss for people with asthma what works for one causes issues for other's.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

If you have asthma you need to increase sodium intake a lot.

Most NSAIDS are hit and miss for people with asthma what works for one causes issues for other's.
More sodium. Didn't know that.

The individual reactions - makes sense.

aliml

OP
Lizb

Lizb

Treatment with naproxen (two capsules per day each containing 500 mg naproxen sodium) can improve cough and shortness of breath in COVID-19-infected patients.

Thank you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals