Nap Sweats

wildtruffle14

Whenever I take naps lately, I wake up from what feels like INCREDIBLY deep sleep.....my heart seems a bit active, and I'm sweating. Though I have felt this in the past on occasion, it feels abnormal to happen lately. Does anyone know what this usually indicates? I am on day four of taking 1/8 tab of Cynoplus. I only take it at night. Even with it being such a minimal amount, I wonder if it's already increasing metabolic function and I'm not getting enough to eat.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
4 days is about right to start feeling differences. And it does not take much, 1/8th can do it.

wildtruffle14

thanks - does this indicate that I have had low thyroid function if I'm reacting (and to such a small dose)?

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Are you tracking your temps and pulse?

Low temp and pulse are good indicators of low thyroid.

wildtruffle14

temp has been good for a few months. Pulse was high 60s average. My pulse now is 77 and temp is 98.5. I kinda stopped taking these readings over the past few weeks because I felt completely normal and had healthy energy all day. I'm introducing the Thyroid so that I can transition out of smoking without a thyroid crash (hopefully).

wildtruffle14

thank you very much - one more question: is there preference for glandular thyroid over Cynoplus? or is it all personal preference?

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat prefers the synthetic like you are using but at one time I believe he used NDT. Some of us prefer NDT. I prefer the glandular because its natural, and also Broda Barnes was very successful with it. It's just really hard to come by a quality NDT these days though. Gotta look overseas for it. Ray Peat does not like the extra stuff they put in the NDT along with the fact that a lot of the NDT's don't have much thyroid hormone in them.

jaguar43

wildtruffle14 said:
thanks - does this indicate that I have had low thyroid function if I'm reacting (and to such a small dose)?

It seems that people who need larger dosages are more hypothyroid. People who are don't need a lot, may have other characteristics that help them keep their metabolism up.

Deep sleep I would assume is due to good t3 and t4, so is sweating.

Beebop

When I sweat in the night it's a sign of low blood sugar, so I eat more.
Ice cream before bed is Peat's suggestion.