Nap Or Walk After A Good Lunch

appotis

Hello,

I would like to know, what is best to do after a good lunch for health?

If I have a big lunch, I get a little sleepy. But I heard that it is not good for digestion to lie down with full stomach. And I also heard, that it is good to take a nap after lunch, because all blood is pulled to the stomach for digestion, so if you are tired, then take a nap.

What do you think would be the best option any WHY?

JustAGuy

Eat smaller meals so you don’t crash. Forcing movement when you are tired causes you to tap into adrenaline.

OP
appotis

appotis

I prefer naps to walks if I had to choose.

There is some good research for naps. But I get enough sleep at night and wake up naturally.
If portion is a little bit smaller, I do not get that sleepy.

I already take 2g of salt and ACV before the meal and put some lemon juice into the meal.

Maybe the solution is to prepare the meal, then eat a little. And eat the rest in 1h.

Dobbler

Its exactly the opposite. Your digestion is stimulated by parasympathetic nervous system which activates at rest, not when moving.
Walking after eating = not digesting effectively
Nap after eating = stimulating parasymp. nervous system and foods start to digest.
Getting sleepy is sign of relaxation which is a good thing, unless you need to be fresh for activities..

tankasnowgod

Hello,

I would like to know, what is best to do after a good lunch for health?

If I have a big lunch, I get a little sleepy. But I heard that it is not good for digestion to lie down with full stomach. And I also heard, that it is good to take a nap after lunch, because all blood is pulled to the stomach for digestion, so if you are tired, then take a nap.

What do you think would be the best option any WHY?

Lying flat would be bad. Your digestive system relies on gravity to work, especially right after eating. So, don't nap on a flat surface. But...... if you can lie down in an incline bed? That keeps all the processes that rely on gravity (like circulation and digestion) to keep working. So, napping inclined would be a great choice.

Walks also stimulate circulation. If you feel like going for a leisurely walk, that would probably be good to.