Naloxone Source

Hello. Ray Peat has talked about this in many articles and interviews, and it is very useful to reduce serotonin and estrogen's effects that are potentiated by endorphins. I had really great results with naltrexone, almost life-changing ones, but the product I was using contained a lot of allergenic/toxic solvents so I had to stop it despite the great results I was having.

The only products that I'm aware are available on the market are IV meds (or oral ones, doesn't change much, the excipients are the same/similar) but Ray Peat said it is fine to take them orally, as he did with Narcanti (a german-czech brand of Naloxone, it seems), but then he managed to get the pure naloxone powder to avoid the other solvents. He said the pure powder is available for research purposes only, so I think as a biologist he has his ways to get it, because I can't (for example, the Sigma company website has naloxone powder available).

Any idea? If I can't get anything else I'll just get a common naloxone product, though the benzoate it contains are fairly allergenic, but a small amount should be ok, also because naloxone can be used for just a few days with effects lasting months.

Pointless

Can you elaborate on the life-changing effects you got from naltrexone? Lowered serotonin and estrogen, I take it? What dose did you use?

I've done LDN myself. It wasn't helping me very much. I seemed to be extremely sensitive to it, and it made my inflammation worse. It was tablets I got from a company in Thailand. I'm sorry, I don't know any source of pure naloxone.

OP
John Frusciante
Can you elaborate on the life-changing effects you got from naltrexone? Lowered serotonin and estrogen, I take it? What dose did you use?

I've done LDN myself. It wasn't helping me very much. I seemed to be extremely sensitive to it, and it made my inflammation worse. It was tablets I got from a company in Thailand. I'm sorry, I don't know any source of pure naloxone.

Getting rid of many serious symptoms, such as anxiety, helplessness, high serotonin/CO2 ratio etc.
The excipients in tablets I've seen are generally allergenic or toxic, so you can't judge properly I guess. Very small doses can be effective for a few days, and the effects can last a few months, so you can do small cycles like that. Ray Peat said its effects resembles progesterone's ones, I'm surprised nearly none in the community has experimented with it yet.
@haidut would you consider formulating a naloxone/naltrexone product? The only one I've seen is on Antiaging Systems but it's incredibly expensive.
I know many people who would be interested in a formulation, and it is literally a lifesaver for certain ailments, including MS and cancer.

Pointless

Getting rid of many serious symptoms, such as anxiety, helplessness, high serotonin/CO2 ratio etc.
The excipients in tablets I've seen are generally allergenic or toxic, so you can't judge properly I guess. Very small doses can be effective for a few days, and the effects can last a few months, so you can do small cycles like that. Ray Peat said its effects resembles progesterone's ones, I'm surprised nearly none in the community has experimented with it yet.
@haidut would you consider formulating a naloxone/naltrexone product? The only one I've seen is on Antiaging Systems but it's incredibly expensive.
I know many people who would be interested in a formulation, and it is literally a lifesaver for certain ailments, including MS and cancer.

Can you be more specific about the dose? I've never seen a monthly dosing schedule for LDN or Naltrexone.

haidut

Forum Supporter

I am looking into it actually. It will probably be naltrexone as it has longer half life and naloxone is typically used only for acute recovery of opioid overdose. Naloxone also does not have the full pharmacological profile of naltrexone I think. As far as I know naltrexone has been shown to increase libido in rats (without changing plasma steroid levels) when used in low doses while naloxone usually has the opposite effect, which suggests naltrexone is dopaminergic.

OP
John Frusciante
Can you be more specific about the dose? I've never seen a monthly dosing schedule for LDN or Naltrexone.

You can take a few milligrams (for naltrexone, from 1 to 10mg can be effective, so just experiment a bit) for a few days, maybe a week or so, and then repeat the cycle when you see the excess endorphins is coming back, probably every few months.

I am looking into it actually. It will probably be naltrexone as it has longer half life and naloxone is typically used only for acute recovery of opioid overdose. Naloxone also does not have the full pharmacological profile of naltrexone I think. As far as I know naltrexone has been shown to increase libido in rats (without changing plasma steroid levels) when used in low doses while naloxone usually has the opposite effect, which suggests naltrexone is dopaminergic.

Cool! But could you sell it freely? I doubt so :(

haidut

Forum Supporter
You can take a few milligrams (for naltrexone, from 1 to 10mg can be effective, so just experiment a bit) for a few days, maybe a week or so, and then repeat the cycle when you see the excess endorphins is coming back, probably every few months.

Cool! But could you sell it freely? I doubt so :(

It will be sold as a lab/research chemical, just like BlueSky Peptides sells their stuff. So, I can't provide much customer support or answer questions about doses if people ask them in the thread.

OP
John Frusciante
It will be sold as a lab/research chemical, just like BlueSky Peptides sells their stuff. So, I can't provide much customer support or answer questions about doses if people ask them in the thread.

Thanks. Do you have any ETA? I would need it as soon as possible. I could buy powders from China as well, but I never trust them fully...

jaguar43

I think one can buy it over the internet due to the opioid epidemic. It's just expensive, apparently a few weeks ago there was some news on the price gauging done by the producers of Narcan. I really wish it was available over the counter not just because of the health benefits but because it's an antidote to an overdose and can save lives.

Price spikes for life-saving drug

OP
John Frusciante
I think one can buy it over the internet due to the opioid epidemic. It's just expensive, apparently a few weeks ago there was some news on the price gauging done by the producers of Narcan. I really wish it was available over the counter not just because of the health benefits but because it's an antidote to an overdose and can save lives.

Price spikes for life-saving drug

That's not the point, it's been a lifesaver to me too even though I never took any exogenous opioid, so I don't care about the price if it gives me big benefits (unless it's incredibly high) but the issue for me has been to find the pure powder, because the commercialized products in the form of med or ldn therapies etc. all have excipients that are problematic

Hevel

I've just received the Antiaging Systems brand(NALpro), I'm going to start with 0.5-1mg per day and see it how it works out.

Is there any reason why Peat recommends to use it only for a few days at a time?

OP
John Frusciante
I've just received the Antiaging Systems brand(NALpro), I'm going to start with 0.5-1mg per day and see it how it works out.

Is there any reason why Peat recommends to use it only for a few days at a time?

Didn't they ask for a Rx? They did when I tried to order there.
Ray thinks a few days of use are necessary to get rid of the excess endorphins :)

golder

Any more news on this John? How are you getting on with naltrexone? What are the effects like and in what doses/intervals are you taking it?

Haidut, any latest on a lab product with naltrexone?

Fractality

Is this still on the agenda?. I want to try it but am hesitant to buy Narcan naloxone nasal spray since I believe doing so will go on my prescription history.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is this still on the agenda?. I want to try it but am hesitant to buy Narcan naloxone nasal spray since I believe doing so will go on my prescription history.

Unfortunately not at this time. The issue with this and the *caines, in which I was also interested is that they have high incidence of liver damage when used chronically, and it does not seem to be dose dependent. For some people liver enzymes get elevated even by LDN.