Naievite

Lana

is naïveté a factor in autism spectrum? I’m adult 40 never had diagnosis but when I look back I see so much naievete . No sense of other people’s possible agendas . It’s caused a lot of hurt in my life

Ignoramus

I think of autistic people as being more 'cautious' than naïve, but I don't know. Naivety is interesting. Sometimes I'll meet people, like my ex-girlfriend, who have this indescribable 'pureness' to them; they can't see people's ill intentions because their own intentions are so pure. They kind of remind of animals in a way, whereas I think of autistic people as being more 'robotic' and suspicious. Interacting with her could only be done from a place of honesty and sensitivity, because she would pick up on bad emotional vibes much in the same way that a dog might. She could be manipulated by text or if she distrusted her own instincts though. I think these people do best once they overcome their own doubts and emotional issues, and actually lean in to their pureness more, allowing their intuition to guide them and see the manipulator for what they are - a hurt and scared person.

I think people in hurt perspectives hurt the naïve person sometimes, but they lose in the end. I've hurt naïve people before and I feel very bad about it; I won in the short term but they won in the long term. They say if your intentions are pure you never lose someone, but that they lose you. Being connected and honest will always be the right thing, even if the actions won't be appreciated for a very long time sometimes.

OP
L

Lana

is naïveté a factor in autism spectrum? I’m adult 40 never had diagnosis but when I look back I see so much naievete . No sense of other people’s possible agendas . It’s caused a lot of hurt in my life
I think of autistic people as being more 'cautious' than naïve, but I don't know. Naivety is interesting. Sometimes I'll meet people, like my ex-girlfriend, who have this indescribable 'pureness' to them; they can't see people's ill intentions because their own intentions are so pure. They kind of remind of animals in a way, whereas I think of autistic people as being more 'robotic' and suspicious. Interacting with her could only be done from a place of honesty and sensitivity, because she would pick up on bad emotional vibes much in the same way that a dog might. She could be manipulated by text or if she distrusted her own instincts though. I think these people do best once they overcome their own doubts and emotional issues, and actually lean in to their pureness more, allowing their intuition to guide them and see the manipulator for what they are - a hurt and scared person.

I think people in hurt perspectives hurt the naïve person sometimes, but they lose in the end. I've hurt naïve people before and I feel very bad about it; I won in the short term but they won in the long term. They say if your intentions are pure you never lose someone, but that they lose you. Being connected and honest will always be the right thing, even if the actions won't be appreciated for a very long time sometimes.
wow yes thank you for your thoughts.

Ignoramus

I think there’s also something ‘karmic’ to it too. The ‘dark’, non-naive person is drawn to the ‘light’, naive person because of a shared unconscious desire for mutual growth. The ‘dark’ person is in pain; he isn’t afraid so much of the external world, but feels a deep void inside himself that he intuitively knows the ‘light’ person knows how to quell (with her innate morality, connectedness and ‘faith’). She, by contrast, feels afraid of people and the world. She needs to learn how to be bad herself (Jung’s ‘shadow integration’) by being more like the ‘dark’ person, and that way she will dissolve the fear and become more powerful like him. They are both tortured in their own respective ways until their lessons are learned.

OP
L

Lana

I think there’s also something ‘karmic’ to it too. The ‘dark’, non-naive person is drawn to the ‘light’, naive person because of a shared unconscious desire for mutual growth. The ‘dark’ person is in pain; he isn’t afraid so much of the external world, but feels a deep void inside himself that he intuitively knows the ‘light’ person knows how to quell (with her innate morality, connectedness and ‘faith’). She, by contrast, feels afraid of people and the world. She needs to learn how to be bad herself (Jung’s ‘shadow integration’) by being more like the ‘dark’ person, and that way she will dissolve the fear and become more powerful like him. They are both tortured in their own respective ways until their lessons are learned.
Wow this is quite relevant to me right now. Very interesting. And paints a good picture ❤️

OP
L

Lana

Wow this is quite relevant to me right now. Very interesting. And paints a good picture ❤️
I must read some more jung. I was turned off it for a while as it seemed to be attached to lots of dangerous new age thought . Like the other person is you . Like yes that’s true but it’s also not

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals