post 110819
FredSonoma said:
post 110815
Nicholas said:
post 110589
narouz said:
post 110576 My surmise is I have a yeast/fungi/candida overgrowth,
inflaming my gut,
causing permeability, serotonin, estrogen, high iron, etc.
The endotoxins end up in my liver, which gets overburdened,
and my liver causes the palpitations
(I've read that this can happen).

yes, i was just a few days ago trying to express this idea of many pathways to liver problems on the forum. not that i know anything about it hard in stone...but, like you, i perceive it to be the case....this study seemed a bit affirmative (as do your other posts). what i have right now is this strange thing where i'm showing signs of heavy estrogen with broken capillaries....that's what the studies say, at least....while at the same time, all the other estrogenic problems i've dealt with in the past have been going away and normalizing....i also show no other signs of hypothyroidism....have never felt better in every way.....fruit seems to exacerbate the problem now....it seemed to slowly come on when i began doing raw milk a couple years ago.......so i concluded that there must be something bacterial going onrecently...and also that bacterial thing possibly adding a liver burden......and in a more broad sense over all of that a basic energy disorder that i can't feel or see....and i just finished Peat's article on rosacea and, interestingly, he concludes basically the same things about what causes rosacea. i didn't do the carrots for a long time but as i've been doing them lately, i find that my skin clears and feels less inflamed (it's a very very mild feeling of inflammation to begin with)....but at the same time i sense that simply killing bacteria is only one part of it....it's intimately connected with the other systems, and with cellular health.
....i was starting to develop the broken capillary at the exact same times as i had a cough that lasted for 5 weeks....with massive bloating.....i knew in my deepest of Peatian hearts that it was serotonin/bacteria related...so i got on antibiotics and all the issues went away.....even the inflammation of the broken capillary - it even seemed to fade considerably. it's been tempting ever since to try it again, but your post gives a good case for not. when i did the antibiotics, i was eating resistant starch and lots of greek yogurt. not sure if greek yogurt has good probiotics or not.

Do you think the raw milk made these problems worse? I do raw milk because I seem to tolerate it a lot better than pasteurized, but I've been thinking it might be hurting me because I definitely have these bacteria / endotoxin / serotonin / liver problems.

i honestly couldn't say with any certainty. i would think it could add confusion to variables since the bacteria and hormone levels are never the same cow to cow week to week. You could at least do your own light or full pasteurizing at home so you at least have a healthier cow and it wouldn't be homogenized.

Is this done just by boiling? Or would I be able to do UV / other ways of pasteurizing?

all i know of is through boiling

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

another pathway i thought of today in liver burdening: histamine. not sure if it's technically "gut" related. and as far as my case, histimate dilates the blood vessels. the times i've had histamine responses (mainly with chocolate), i develop a sustained cough......and my capillary issues co-incided with a major histamine event i had. I am quitting yogurt for a while. 3 days off and my face already feels less inflamed/sensitive (though it could be other things).

misery guts

I just read the abstract, but...

I've been dealing with some problems for a couple of years,
but the gut-liver thing resonates in my case.
I started getting pretty severe heart palpitations/skips/racing
when I would try to dose up to what I needed (by signs/labs) on thyroid supps (NDT).
Haven't been able to figure it out,
but I think I may have just recently.

I hadn't thought to check my liver
because the problem arose when I hadn't been drinking at all for over a year,
and I had also been doing a very strict Peat diet.
But...labs showed NAFLD.

Through experimentation over the past half a year or so,
I've found that certain strains of probiotics stop the palpitations:
s.boulardii, l. rhamnosis, b. coagulans, l. reuteri.
So I've been able to dose up to where I should be.

Also had gut issues.
Also had a coated tongue fro about 2 or 3 years,
following antibiotics.

In addition to stopping the palpitations,
the probiotics also gave me a clean pink tongue.

My surmise is I have a yeast/fungi/candida overgrowth,
inflaming my gut,
causing permeability, serotonin, estrogen, high iron, etc.
The endotoxins end up in my liver, which gets overburdened,
and my liver causes the palpitations
(I've read that this can happen).

There are studies showing that s. boulardii, in particular, has positive actions on fatty liver.
I've posted that study here somewhere....

Narouz, was there a particular brand of probiotic you were using to get these strains?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals