n00b but not my first pose here...

halken

...I made a few ignorant posts prior to this introduction. Thinking I knew ***t about PUFA when in reality, I don't know ***t.

Anyways, I'm probably at my worst regarding my health. I have aged quite rapidly. I have dark brown circles around my eyes like I've worn goggles for most of my life. I'm fat around the belly. Have got premature man-***s (not full grown yet). A gnarly varicose vein on my right leg. Small spider veins on the side of my feet soles (gettin' some 'round the olde knee caps too!). Some grey strands in my hair. My muscles cramp when ever I bend too far (anywhere on my body). I have short breath. When I breathe deep, I hear a "rustle" of sorts. I don't exercise worth a ***t. I have hyperstress due to my lack of social life (part of my problem as I enforce it).

All at 28.

I have gone through it all. Omnivore, vegetarian, vegan, paleo and then ketogenic before I could even hit ketosis (because **** THAT ***t). I was on a Greger YouTube video about coconut oil and found this guy on there slamming his ignorance for what it is. He mentioned Ray Peat and here I am, what a treat!

I know that what I've said here seems really morbid, but it isn't. It's just where I'm at right now. Just delivering the truth uninhibited. I know I come across as sounding pretty dumb right now, and surely enough compared to this community; I am. But I'm a good listener and I'm willing to take in as much as I can to bounce back from all this poking in the dark. Perhaps this is the light.

Thanks for having me peeps.

SQu

You're coming over honest and with humility and that's a great way to start. Truly. There's much to look forward to. Best of luck!

It seems that even with "diet gurus", the dog that barks really does not bite...

north

How much have you read/learned so far?
Do you have any plan or thought of what to do?

I think a pretty basic "non extreme" approach would be a good start.
Like, oranges and other fruits, milk, oysters, coconut oil, liver, egg yolk, gelatin, some meat and/or other shell fish.

IME, food quality and stuff like oysters & liver are really helpful, other basic stuff like timing the eating with circadian rhythm, try to get meals with about 2:1 - 4:1 carb:protein ratio, taking walks or do something similar (activity) every day to get out of "loneliness" stress.

OP
halken

halken

north said:
How much have you read/learned so far?
Do you have any plan or thought of what to do?

Not much, have really only begun.

I think a pretty basic "non extreme" approach would be a good start.
Like, oranges and other fruits, milk, oysters, coconut oil, liver, egg yolk, gelatin, some meat and/or other shell fish.

Already started on the milk. Got the eggs (need the whites, can't eliminate them). Got the coconut oil (although why do I need refined over cold press?). Starting to eat various fruits. Have yet to get gelatin (is that just powdered collagen?). Have yet to get shell fish.

IME, food quality and stuff like oysters & liver are really helpful, other basic stuff like timing the eating with circadian rhythm, try to get meals with about 2:1 - 4:1 carb:protein ratio, taking walks or do something similar (activity) every day to get out of "loneliness" stress.

Now THAT's interesting. I never really thought about timing ingestion beyond the breakfast, lunch and dinner paradigm (or the popular "don't eat past 10pm" pep talk). Could you elaborate on that further?

I just noticed a blog by Isadora who has been slamming Peat? What is up with that? She seems to be heading towards Nutritional Genomics but I find that ironic as that seems to be more shakey than her stance on humanity's lack of knowledge in "manipulating" hormones.

north

In the book (link below) and other articles they talk about how circadian rhythms in peripheral tissues are set by not only the main regulation in the brain (which is affected by light), but also by food intake, and mostly carbs. So basically, if you eat in a way which doesn't align well (food/carb and light), these different rhythms in the body doesn't sync well. What you want is a strong pattern of day vs night rhythm, fully awake during day, deep asleep at night. If they don't sync well you will be more in a state of "in-between" both during the whole 24h.

So basically, you can enhance your bodys day-night rhythm by getting these different tissues' "clocks" aligned.
IME, this affect my overall wellbeing a LOT.

So i found that for me, having too much protein early in the day (which caused me to feel full and not able to eat enough carb) made me fatigued. Having a lot of carb during the day gets me into a better state, and helps my body regulate the sleep-wake pattern. It took me a few days to adjust, but now i feel hunger again during the early day which i didn't before (Gherelin regulates food intake rhythms so the body starts expecting food at certain times). When i keep this up for a few days, it creates a positive circle.

So what i did:
*Decided a good ratio which i try to aim for every meal to not go to high protein to low carb (which tends to happen for me)
*Try to eat a lot of calories during daytime, so i don't need to eat a ton at night to "hit enough calories".
*At night i would eat lower ratio of carb to fat/protein (cheese, milk, gelatin or something like that).
*Bought a light blocking curtain so its pitch black in my room when i sleep.
*Using a ton of light during the morning when i get up and eat breakfast.

So, this is just my experience :)

Oh also, i don't care about refined or cold pressed, if u have no issues its fine.
Regarding egg white, make sure to cook it.
Yeah collagen/gelatin, its the same. There is a popular brand called great lakes.

The book: http://sleepwarrior.com/Claudio_Stampi_-_Why_We_Nap.pdf

OP
halken

halken

north, you are awesome. Gonna read that book pronto!

north

Other than that, read up on Peats stuff on estrogen and thyroid, it seems like estrogen could be an issue for you from what you described. Estrogen tends to accumulate in hypothyroidism and/if the liver doesn't work properly.

I asked Peat once about spider veins like that on the side of the foot, and he answered its the "estrogen & cortisol vs the progesterone/pregnenolone/dhea ratio" that matters, and that thyroid regulate that.

uuy8778yyi

halken said:
...I made a few ignorant posts prior to this introduction. Thinking I knew s*** about PUFA when in reality, I don't know s***.

Anyways, I'm probably at my worst regarding my health. I have aged quite rapidly. I have dark brown circles around my eyes like I've worn goggles for most of my life. I'm fat around the belly. Have got premature man-***s (not full grown yet). A gnarly varicose vein on my right leg. Small spider veins on the side of my feet soles (gettin' some 'round the olde knee caps too!). Some grey strands in my hair. My muscles cramp when ever I bend too far (anywhere on my body). I have short breath. When I breathe deep, I hear a "rustle" of sorts. I don't exercise worth a s***. I have hyperstress due to my lack of social life (part of my problem as I enforce it).

All at 28.

I have gone through it all. Omnivore, vegetarian, vegan, paleo and then ketogenic before I could even hit ketosis (because f*** THAT s***). I was on a Greger YouTube video about coconut oil and found this guy on there slamming his ignorance for what it is. He mentioned Ray Peat and here I am, what a treat!

I know that what I've said here seems really morbid, but it isn't. It's just where I'm at right now. Just delivering the truth uninhibited. I know I come across as sounding pretty dumb right now, and surely enough compared to this community; I am. But I'm a good listener and I'm willing to take in as much as I can to bounce back from all this poking in the dark. Perhaps this is the light.

Thanks for having me peeps.

1)google image ray peat diet

2)carrot salad a day to reduce estrogen

3)supplement gelatin,

Vitamin E
aspirin, (also good topically)
niacinamide,
coconut oil
caffeine

to counteract toxic seed oils

4)
Regularly measuring the pulse rate and temperature in an attempt to gather information about the metabolic rate.
-Obtain lab tests for TSH, prolactin, PTH, Vitamin D, etc. if necessary.
-Consuming more calcium than phosphate. The calcium co-factors vitamin D, vitamin K, vitamin A, and copper are worth monitoring as well.
-An emphasis on saturated over unsaturated fats in the daily diet (e.g., butter, animal fats, coconut oil, etc.).
-Consuming an adequate amount of protein with an emphasis on non-allergenic cheese and milk (no added vitamins, enzymes, or cultures), gelatinous cuts of meat (i.e., gelatin), beef liver, and shellfish (especially oysters).
-Consuming more carbohydrate than protein with an emphasis on fruits over starches.
-Limiting iron intake by consuming coffee and/or calcium foods with iron-rich foods.
-Consuming salt to taste (or a slight excess).
- deplete the body of PUFA. they increase the stress hormones. you want your body high in healthy hormones .
oppose them with
thyroid,
progesterone,
gelatin,
DHEA,
and pregnenolone. - these are good.

OP
halken

halken

Thanks for all the input, guys.

I'm gonna do an experiment. I'm gonna consume fruit and meat for a week. See how that goes.

I'm gonna use Ghee, Coconut oil and Apricot oil for my fat sources.

Later I want to introduce colostrum.

That's it. Keep it simple.

halken said:
Thanks for all the input, guys.

I'm gonna do an experiment. I'm gonna consume fruit and meat for a week. See how that goes.

I'm gonna use Ghee, Coconut oil and Apricot oil for my fat sources.

Later I want to introduce colostrum.

That's it. Keep it simple.

Apricot oil is about 25% PUFA.

OP
halken

halken

Yea I know, but it contains b17, so I gotta make a sacrifice.

you

halken said:

Color_Photographed_B-17E_in_Flight.jpg

halken said:

I thought that one was for cancer patients :lol: