MYTH

cmoore85

MYTH: Synthroid (synthetic thyroid or T4, Thyroxine) works and is more effective than thyroid glandular.

The truth: Synthroid is cardiotoxic, shrinks the thyroid gland, suppresses cellular respiration, suppresses the pituitary and rarely improves symptoms, except in very healthy people who can convert the T4 to T3 (Cytomel or Triiodothyronine). Many people get worse, especially women, because low thyroid women are estrogen dominant and estrogen inhibits the conversion of T4 to T3. A healthy man has less difficulty converting T4 to T3 and can benefit from Synthroid.

OP
C

cmoore85

Myth 2
In order to heal the thyroid, you must first heal the adrenal glands. The reverse is actually true! Healing thyroid function takes a load off the adrenal glands so they stop over producing adrenaline and cortisol. Yet most hypothyroid, hyperadrenaline people are given adrenal glandulars, which can actually increase cortisol. ~ Lita Lee PhD

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
cmoore85 said:
Myth 2
In order to heal the thyroid, you must first heal the adrenal glands. The reverse is actually true! Healing thyroid function takes a load off the adrenal glands so they stop over producing adrenaline and cortisol. Yet most hypothyroid, hyperadrenaline people are given adrenal glandulars, which can actually increase cortisol. ~ Lita Lee PhD
This goes along with the quote I posted yesterday by Dr. Peat.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=252

"If your thyroid is working efficiently, your pituitary doesn't have much to do and you're not likely to get a pituitary tumor, your adrenals don't have much to do, and your ovaries don't get over stimulated. The other glands have an easy job when your thyroid is working right. If your thyroid gets interfered with, you have to rev up your adrenals and your pituitary becomes commander in chief and tells everyone what to do." - Ray Peat

Rem

myth : it's best to avoid apple juice because of the high pectin content (Lita Lee)

--> no pectin in the juice (the same as orange juice)

Ray says apple juice is often made with spoiled apples what can lead to fungal contamination
But as far as I understand, apple juice is not inherently wrong ?

OP
C

cmoore85

yea most apple juice has crap in it though i wish i could find a good quality apple juice. i had apple cider and it had sulfites and ray peat told me to look for that actually. funny thing is i found it at whole foods

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So some apple cider this fall should be ok? I live in Apple country and can get it from the local apple barn. We warm it up first and OMG it's so yummy!