Myoclonus, what to do?

Vanset

Have you successfully had some kind of chronic condition cured/solved by a doctor?

I've seen over a dozen doctors in a variety of fields and the most relief and improvements I've made have been done from my own hand. Most of the doctors I've seen have been clueless and unhelpful while others have actually caused me harm.

"Studies suggest that the following locations in the brain are involved in myoclonus:

• Cerebral cortex, which is the most common origin for myoclonus.
  • Brain stem, which is close to structures that are responsible for the startle response—an automatic reaction to an unexpected stimulus involving rapid muscle contraction."
This from the link you posted is interesting and makes me think that the above may explain why some find relief seeing a chiropractor regularly. I often experience nasty neck pain when I feel the worst.
Truest words ever spoken. Most doctors are prideful and arrogant yet clueless morons.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Have you successfully had some kind of chronic condition cured/solved by a doctor?

I've seen over a dozen doctors in a variety of fields and the most relief and improvements I've made have been done from my own hand. Most of the doctors I've seen have been clueless and unhelpful while others have actually caused me harm.

"Studies suggest that the following locations in the brain are involved in myoclonus:

• Cerebral cortex, which is the most common origin for myoclonus.
  • Brain stem, which is close to structures that are responsible for the startle response—an automatic reaction to an unexpected stimulus involving rapid muscle contraction."
This from the link you posted is interesting and makes me think that the above may explain why some find relief seeing a chiropractor regularly. I often experience nasty neck pain when I feel the worst.
Right?

What a f@^#n mess the medical system is!
Last time I went to a doctor I was offered SSRI while complaining of high serotonin symptoms!

Validus

Have any of you guys tried hyperbaric oxygen therapy? The rabbit holes I've gone down in pursuit of this condition leads me to believe that we're likely stuck in glycolysis and inefficiently producing enough ATP and generating lactic acid systemically, in our muscles, brains etc. Our bodies obviously default to this system when there's not enough oxygen diffusing into our tissues.

There's definite value in reducing serotonin, cortisol and adrenaline (if high) and increasing dopamine (if low), but I always come back to why.
Increased serotonin seems to be a physiological brake of sorts to get us to slow down and rest.

Lack of proper oxygen metabolism, resulting in forced anaerobic metabolism via glycolysis could hypothetically increase serotonin, cortisol, adrenaline while lowering dopamine...

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Have any of you guys tried hyperbaric oxygen therapy? The rabbit holes I've gone down in pursuit of this condition leads me to believe that we're likely stuck in glycolysis and inefficiently producing enough ATP and generating lactic acid systemically, in our muscles, brains etc. Our bodies obviously default to this system when there's not enough oxygen diffusing into our tissues.

There's definite value in reducing serotonin, cortisol and adrenaline (if high) and increasing dopamine (if low), but I always come back to why.
Increased serotonin seems to be a physiological brake of sorts to get us to slow down and rest.

Lack of proper oxygen metabolism, resulting in forced anaerobic metabolism via glycolysis could hypothetically increase serotonin, cortisol, adrenaline while lowering dopamine...
I see what you are saying but it's a question of a chicken and the egg.

I know that for me, eating fiber exacerbates the problems, so there's a suspicion it's increased serotonin production from intestinal irritation.

This doesn't negate what you said at all... I haven't experimented with hyperbarics.

Validus

I see what you are saying but it's a question of a chicken and the egg.

I know that for me, eating fiber exacerbates the problems, so there's a suspicion it's increased serotonin production from intestinal irritation.

This doesn't negate what you said at all... I haven't experimented with hyperbarics.
I'm the same with fiber. That being said, perhaps our gut can't process ruffage due to lack of ATP, from lack of O2/CO2 etc. I'm just trying to turn over every stone.

I've had the best luck with PED's quite frankly - all legal (unless competing) and most prescribed. TRT, nandrolone, cardarine, sr9009, mildronate/pyrucet the ingredients in cardenosine to name a few. All with the intent of boosting mitochondria and atp output.

Vanset

But what do you guys eat? I haven't noticed that any dietary changes make a difference for me, but still curious.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I'm the same with fiber. That being said, perhaps our gut can't process ruffage due to lack of ATP, from lack of O2/CO2 etc. I'm just trying to turn over every stone.

I've had the best luck with PED's quite frankly - all legal (unless competing) and most prescribed. TRT, nandrolone, cardarine, sr9009, mildronate/pyrucet the ingredients in cardenosine to name a few. All with the intent of boosting mitochondria and atp output.
Nice. Good thoughts.
What's PED?
I had been on NDT and it helped in many ways but not with those issues. I also thing that bag breathing might be helping in every way when I remember to do it.

Tidal

I first started experiencing this after taking Inositol for a couple of weeks a few years ago and it's been with me since.

Thinks it's due to high serotonin which seems almost impossible to reduce

Validus

PED = performance enhancing drugs. What's NDT?

I've been an athlete and experimenter of all diets most of my life. Since having this condition, I've tried carnivore/keto for 6 months with little improvement and am now back to about 33% calories spread evenly between protein, carbs and fats.

I've experimented heavily with high doses of inositol too and never felt high serotonin. I wonder if you may be conflating the timing as causative and it's just coincidence.

xeliex

Forum Supporter

I've been an athlete and experimenter of all diets most of my life. Since having this condition, I've tried carnivore/keto for 6 months with little improvement and am now back to about 33% calories spread evenly between protein, carbs and fats.

I've experimented heavily with high doses of inositol too and never felt high serotonin. I wonder if you may be conflating the timing as causative and it's just coincidence.
LMAO, I had a feeling you're gonna ask. It's natural desiccated thyroid and the only reason I didn't write the whole thing the first time is because I never write desiccated correctly on the first attempt.

For me, the symptoms started when I used large amounts of eugenol on my skin and took flagyl. The flagyl has a link with thaimine deficiency but so far (months), thaimine hasn't made a huge difference. I will continue taking it though. Mostlythiamine had recommended I take it away from juice, so I have been trying that.

Vanset

I personally think the root cause of this problem is some CNS or adrenal dysregulation with excess catecholamine production.
A lot of people that I have talked to who have the same problem said that some sort of very stressful psychological or physiological event was the trigger. Big caloric deficit, low carb diet, long term over-exercising, work/family stress etc. I think the body somehow adapts to this stressful environment and downregulates certain functions while upregulating others.

Last edited:

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I personally think the root cause of this problem is some CNS or adrenal dysregulation with excess catecholamine production.
That's possible. I think everything is connected and a dysregulation in one system will trigger others to malfunction.

Vanset

How do you do with dairy?

Validus

A lot of people that I have talked to who have the same problem said that some sort of very stressful psychological or physiological event was the trigger. Big caloric deficit, low carb diet, long term over-exercising, work/family stress etc. I think the body somehow adapts to this stressful environment and downregulates certain functions while upregulating others.

I'd agree with this. If there's a trigger, there should be a way to interrupt the cycle I'd think.

Validus

If I drink milk or eat low fat ice cream, my stomach pays the price - bloating, gas, diarrhea etc.. I can eat most cheeses and sour cream though.

That being said, I don't eat much dairy, except for sour cream with certain dinners.

Validus

LMAO, I had a feeling you're gonna ask. It's natural desiccated thyroid and the only reason I didn't write the whole thing the first time is because I never write desiccated correctly on the first attempt.

For me, the symptoms started when I used large amounts of eugenol on my skin and took flagyl. The flagyl has a link with thaimine deficiency but so far (months), thaimine hasn't made a huge difference. I will continue taking it though. Mostlythiamine had recommended I take it away from juice, so I have been trying that.
I had a reverse t3 test done years ago and it came back high, so even though my tsh, ft3 and ft4 are fine, the RT3 blocked my free t3. I take t3 now to get my RT3 down since it's generated from t4. Exogenous t3 lowers t4 and therefore RT3.

Agree it helps, but I could almost go with or without it.

What's eugenol & flagyl?

OP
IT'S OVER

IT'S OVER

But what do you guys eat? I haven't noticed that any dietary changes make a difference for me, but still curious.
i also changed my diet many times in the las 2 years, but i havent seen difference in health conditions

Right now iam eating mainly: Parboiled rice cooked with green peper and carot, Red meat, Bread with butter, cheese and ham, 1-2cups of milk a day, a little salad of tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce, Coconut water and some fruit. i would sometimes eat other things as well but thats the most commom.
Junk food is about only oncer a month

in the past i have eaten liver and gelatin with regularity, but they appear to not make any noticeable difference.

For me, milk cause more inflammation than most foods,so i take a lactase supplement before drinking it.
Butter cause none and cheese cause as much as starch and sugar(less than milk)
meat, fish and eggs causes me 0 inflammation

Vanset

Lately I have noticed that I get little jerks all throughout the day, not just as I'm falling asleep. I have noticed that it's mostly arm jerks, below elbow. Very strange. I have been trying to get more sunshine on my skin lately so that's the main suspect.

Vanset

i also changed my diet many times in the las 2 years, but i havent seen difference in health conditions

Right now iam eating mainly: Parboiled rice cooked with green peper and carot, Red meat, Bread with butter, cheese and ham, 1-2cups of milk a day, a little salad of tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce, Coconut water and some fruit. i would sometimes eat other things as well but thats the most commom.
Junk food is about only oncer a month

in the past i have eaten liver and gelatin with regularity, but they appear to not make any noticeable difference.

For me, milk cause more inflammation than most foods,so i take a lactase supplement before drinking it.
Butter cause none and cheese cause as much as starch and sugar(less than milk)
meat, fish and eggs causes me 0 inflammation
I would be cool if you updated this thread on your condition every once in a while, such as any blood tests you do etc., as I'm sure that we're both experiencing the same issues. Unfortunately this forum hasn't been helpful with trying to figure out what exactly it is and that's because it's such a rare issue. I have found some people on this forum experiencing this, but a this point they're already gone so I'm just asking you to not abandon this thread completely as we may be able to help each other in the future.

Here's another thread with three other people experiencing the same thing.
They didn't have myoclonus as a symptom, but not everyone with this condition does.

Posting the 13 pages long thread from another forum again.

I'm gonna be checking this thread once in a while, but other than that I won't be posting. Take care dude.

OP
IT'S OVER

IT'S OVER

Lately I have noticed that I get little jerks all throughout the day, not just as I'm falling asleep.
exectly same here

i haven't update this post because of learned helpless, and the blackpill.

right now iam not getting any jerks, but it because i have been mostly sedentary in the last weeks,

i noticed that if a do only a certain amout of physical activity, i dont get any at all, but its a low amout, like 2hours of moderate exercise a day. And the more i do the most i get it. to the point that if i work i get very bad insomnia

but if i get better i will post here

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals