My Wrists Are Tiny

rw39

Wrists are small---talking sub 6 inches. Anyway to imrove this through a peat lens?

Regina

Wrists are small---talking sub 6 inches. Anyway to imrove this through a peat lens?
Mine used to be. Ridiculously so. You can change them. You can hold a small kettle bell (like 5lber) upright stationary for several minutes per day and do pushups on your fists. I HAD to strengthen my wrists for aikido. Really glad I did. It actually changed a lot for me - in terms of how vulnerable I feel in the world.
They seem not to be related to the dreaded "cankles". I always had thin wrists and ankles. My ankles are still thin but my wrists are strong and more substantial.

Ideonaut

the best developed wrists I've ever seen on a person belonged to a landscape gardener who did a lot of shovel work (and got rich at it!). Physical work is the ticket, if you don't consider it beneath you.

milk

look up dumbbell wrist exercises on youtube.

it helped me when my wrists got skinny after taking finasteride. they got more normal in little time. but i do tend to gain muscle easily.

If i was you

I would do squats and deadlift

Start light weight
Then every week add 5 pound

Ur gonna notice big changes eveey other day

Good luck
:)

mujuro

If you wanna target the wrist flexors, do Sipes curls, pictured here.
draper-forearm.gif

Left arm on left leg, then other side. It is an awkward position. Start light and gauge tolerance, but it kills the flexors like no other exercise.

Last edited:
OP
R

rw39

look up dumbbell wrist exercises on youtube.

it helped me when my wrists got skinny after taking finasteride. they got more normal in little time. but i do tend to gain muscle easily.
why do you think your wrists got skinny after finasteride? I have a history with accutane.

Regina

My nephew has a bombshell Colombian girlfriend. She's sweet and ridiculously gorgeous and empathic. For some reason I held her hand once and noted that her wrists were incredibly weak. Not just tiny, but fragile. Something hit my gut telling me she should make these wrists stronger. I felt scared for her in this world.

mirc12354

Weight training can help somewhat but wrist size (together with calves) is probably one of if not the the most gentically determined body parts.

Stryker

Wait are you talking about wrist as in the bone right below the palm or further upwards ?

I have tiny wrists and always have , I have also been a bricklayer for 8 years and my forearms are huge in relation to my wrist size which have never increased in size from any amount of deadlifts , chin ups , fisted push-ups , reverse barbell curls , pinch grips with kettlebells , reverse forearm curls.... I don't think you can really make your wrist bone grow that much.. just my opinion

I never get bigger for arm and wrist before deadlifting

I tried many workouts like focusing on it
It get Big for 1 hour then I lose it

But dead lift
Made all my body bigger stronger leaner

Regina

Wait are you talking about wrist as in the bone right below the palm or further upwards ?

I have tiny wrists and always have , I have also been a bricklayer for 8 years and my forearms are huge in relation to my wrist size which have never increased in size from any amount of deadlifts , chin ups , fisted push-ups , reverse barbell curls , pinch grips with kettlebells , reverse forearm curls.... I don't think you can really make your wrist bone grow that much.. just my opinion
I hear you. The strength does not equate to size. Probably my wrists aren't actually much bigger than when they were weak. (The strongest person in my entire dojo is a tiny Bulgarian woman whom you could slip under a door). But there is a very distinct feeling of before and after (wrist weakness) that I think is importantly empowering.

GreekDemiGod

• Heavy Farmers Walks
  • Dumbbell Hammer Curls

Do these twice per week and hope for the best.
Oh, and start wearing a watch and / or bracelet / accesory.