My Wife Says Her Back Cracks When She Exercises

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by ecstatichamster, Jul 2, 2020.

1. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

have you experienced this and do you have a fix?

It's not painful, she just hates the noise.

2. 2ManyHistamines

2ManyHistamines Member

I snap, crackle, and pop from my spine to my knees just about every time I stand up from a sitting position.

The longest I have kept it at bay was a few weeks when I made rather extreme (by my standards) attempts to heal/seal my gut. Low amounts of muscle meat and gluten/fiber/lectin avoidance was my general guidelines, and eating plenty of white rice. There is something good about white rice I have seen someone else mention on here for gut healing.

I have repeated this two other times with other short burst efforts to seal the gut.

3. TheSir

TheSir Member

A crack in a joint is usually a sign of a movement that was not articulated in accordance with the natural motorics of the surrounding musculature. In other words, it means that her movement patterns are not congruent with the kind of movements that the spine is supposed to make. There is some form of postural imbalance present.

4. Tristan Loscha

Tristan Loscha Member

everything that is conducive to joint health, gelatine, C, D, copper, high protein

5. biffbelvin

biffbelvin Member

Basically this.

If i try to do squats one or both of my knees pop on each repetition. I'd chalk this up to excessive sitting as I find that doing the 'couch stretch' before squatting completely removes the popping sound.

It would likely be worthwhile for her to explore some form of exercise, such as pilates/yoga, the alexander technique, gokhale method etc. They might not completely solve the back cracking issue, but they will improve overall mobility, strength, stability and fitness. She's

6. David PS

David PS Member

I would add vitamin K to your list.

I consider back cracking to be a good thing. There lots of "how to" videos on youtube because others share my opinion and they want to know how to do it on their own without paying a professional.

If your back cracks spontaneously during an exercise class it may be embarrasing, but it is not a bad thing. Just repeat the mantra "Oh, that feels so good" and soon it will be so.

7. OP
    ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

she takes K2 MK4

that’s very interesting @David PS