My Wife Says Her Back Cracks When She Exercises

have you experienced this and do you have a fix?

It's not painful, she just hates the noise.

I snap, crackle, and pop from my spine to my knees just about every time I stand up from a sitting position.

The longest I have kept it at bay was a few weeks when I made rather extreme (by my standards) attempts to heal/seal my gut. Low amounts of muscle meat and gluten/fiber/lectin avoidance was my general guidelines, and eating plenty of white rice. There is something good about white rice I have seen someone else mention on here for gut healing.

I have repeated this two other times with other short burst efforts to seal the gut.

TheSir

A crack in a joint is usually a sign of a movement that was not articulated in accordance with the natural motorics of the surrounding musculature. In other words, it means that her movement patterns are not congruent with the kind of movements that the spine is supposed to make. There is some form of postural imbalance present.

everything that is conducive to joint health, gelatine, C, D, copper, high protein

biffbelvin

A crack in a joint is usually a sign of a movement that was not articulated in accordance with the natural motorics of the surrounding musculature. In other words, it means that her movement patterns are not congruent with the kind of movements that the spine is supposed to make. There is some form of postural imbalance present.

Basically this.

If i try to do squats one or both of my knees pop on each repetition. I'd chalk this up to excessive sitting as I find that doing the 'couch stretch' before squatting completely removes the popping sound.

It would likely be worthwhile for her to explore some form of exercise, such as pilates/yoga, the alexander technique, gokhale method etc. They might not completely solve the back cracking issue, but they will improve overall mobility, strength, stability and fitness. She's

David PS

everything that is conducive to joint health, gelatine, C, D, copper, high protein

I would add vitamin K to your list.

I consider back cracking to be a good thing. There lots of "how to" videos on youtube because others share my opinion and they want to know how to do it on their own without paying a professional.

If your back cracks spontaneously during an exercise class it may be embarrasing, but it is not a bad thing. Just repeat the mantra "Oh, that feels so good" and soon it will be so.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
I would add vitamin K to your list.

I consider back cracking to be a good thing. There lots of "how to" videos on youtube because others share my opinion and they want to know how to do it on their own with paying a professional.

If your back cracks spontaneously during an exercise class it may be embarrasing, but it is not a bad thing. Just repeat the mantra "Oh, that feels so good" and soon it will be so.

she takes K2 MK4

that’s very interesting @David PS

akgrrrl

I agree with David PS, and so do thousands of chiropractors. If you can do the "Egg Roll" that they taught us in 4th grade, it will hold you in good stead for a lifetime. Sitting on the floor, bring knees to chest and wrap your arms around both legs. Pushing off the floor with feet, rock backwards with impetus. Roll back all the way to the upper back(to neck) and then back to starting position using impetus and muscles to roll again and again like you would on a swing. Snap, crackle, limber and fluid, the way a spine was meant to roll.

haidut

Forum Supporter
have you experienced this and do you have a fix?

It's not painful, she just hates the noise.

Common sign of weakening muscles along the spinal column, usually as a result of elevated ratio of cortisol to any of the anti-glucocorticoid hormones such as DHEA-S, progesterone, testosterone, etc. Usually starts in the cervical area and then it spreads down with age. Has she done any hormone blood tests recently?

HumanLife

I am getting popping noises in my head, which I had a year ago but then they disappeared. That said they came back when I started wearing flip flops again so maybe those increased my cortisol? I just went for an x-ray. When I removed my flip flops the pain left but the popping noises stayed.

OP
ecstatichamster
Common sign of weakening muscles along the spinal column, usually as a result of elevated ratio of cortisol to any of the anti-glucocorticoid hormones such as DHEA-S, progesterone, testosterone, etc. Usually starts in the cervical area and then it spreads down with age. Has she done any hormone blood tests recently?

thank you -- I have no doubt that you are right. She has not gotten blood tests. She is taking a lot more progesterone now, maybe 100mg per day.