My Top 10 Things Learned Through Peat

Nicholas

1. I don't have to be afraid of any food substance
2. you can have radically different diets and still have nutrient density in each
3. inflammatory aspects of meat protein
4. stress hormones are both positive and negative
5. fruit carbs are ideal (if the fruit is good quality)
6. all of the macronutrients are crucial
7. our problems have to do with everything in our lives
8. our ability to breathe on every level is a good core indicator of health
9. pulse and temperature can be used in assessing reality
10. all we can do is practice "being human", but few there be that practice it

Vinero

1. What about foods peat says to avoid like fatty fish, nuts, seeds, vegetables, whole grains, fatty pork and chicken and dairy products which contain lactic acid, carrageenan, gums etc.?

3. All major proteins have inflammatory components, not just meat. Except gelatin.

4. When are stress hormones positive? Keeping estrogen,serotonin, cortisol, prolactin etc. as low as possible is the goal in my interpretation of peat.

1. Energy is the currency of life
2. Metabolic intensity is the source of energy
3. Function begets function; using our body improves our body
4. Metabolism is maintained in two ways: stress (i.e. via catabolic menas, e.g. adrenaline) or non-stress (i.e. anabolic means, e.g. thyroid)
5. PUFA are Poisons Used For Annihilation
6. Caffeine, Thyroid, Aspirin and anything that increases the consumption of oxygen to produce energy is good
7. Gelatin is a necessary complement to muscle meats
8. Light is needed for optimal energy production
9. Serotonin, estrogen and prolactin are slaughters of the male libido
10. We currently have the means to extend our maximal lifespan by 50% (using all the things Peat talks about)

pboy

1 - 9 Your hair matters...a lot, towards how doped you are and your status of androgens
10 milk is very good

burtlancast

11. Never trust authoritarians.

XPlus

12. have a unified frame of reference for understanding any area in life

pboy

Nicholas said:
1. I don't have to be afraid of any food substance
2. you can have radically different diets and still have nutrient density in each
3. inflammatory aspects of meat protein
4. stress hormones are both positive and negative
5. fruit carbs are ideal (if the fruit is good quality)
6. all of the macronutrients are crucial
7. our problems have to do with everything in our lives
8. our ability to breathe on every level is a good core indicator of health
9. pulse and temperature can be used in assessing reality
10. all we can do is practice "being human", but few there be that practice it

#1, yes you do...someone posted here about how the devil resides in A1 milk, watch out, or he'll buck your ****

Amazoniac

1. pboy is flawless.
2. cantstoppeating keeps a record of our posts and disarm someone by pointing contradictions.
3. Such_ cringes just by hearing the word starch.
4. WestsidePUFA cringes by reading Such_'s posts disdaining statch.
5. Charlie seems to stay away of most discussions but he's not. He's omnipresent.
6. tara would be the head waiter if this forum was a restaurant. No matter what is the state that the customer comes, she's always cheerful and patient in welcoming.
7. pboy always deserve two spots, while others just ein.
8. narouz is a certified etymologist.
9. jyb opened this forum before Charlie was even born.
10. sueq and I never exchanged a word, even though we frequent this forum daily.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Vinero said:
1. What about foods peat says to avoid like fatty fish, nuts, seeds, vegetables, whole grains, fatty pork and chicken and dairy products which contain lactic acid, carrageenan, gums etc.?

3. All major proteins have inflammatory components, not just meat. Except gelatin.

4. When are stress hormones positive? Keeping estrogen,serotonin, cortisol, prolactin etc. as low as possible is the goal in my interpretation of peat.

1. avoiding is different than fearing. i 100% believe that some people can thrive on any of those things. nothing has been proven.

3. true. i tend to feel the effects of meat more than, say, milk or cheese so that one is more at the front of my mind.

4. we would die without stress hormones. if one's metabolism is lowered, their body saved itself. i am being super simplistic with my list and usually try to speak in broad strokes but these things go much deeper....like the fact that the body knows how to function and humans tend to think that their research or protocols are going to get their body "in line". That process is backwards......you have to learn from the body about how to get back "in line"

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

also, Vinero, pay attention to the TONE of Peat's writings. You will notice that he is very much at ease....even in his radio interviews. He does not fear food or fear the body.

tara

Nicholas said:
Vinero said:

1. avoiding is different than fearing. i 100% believe that some people can thrive on any of those things. nothing has been proven.

3. true. i tend to feel the effects of meat more than, say, milk or cheese so that one is more at the front of my mind.

4. we would die without stress hormones. if one's metabolism is lowered, their body saved itself. i am being super simplistic with my list and usually try to speak in broad strokes but these things go much deeper....like the fact that the body knows how to function and humans tend to think that their research or protocols are going to get their body "in line". That process is backwards......you have to learn from the body about how to get back "in line"

And 1. I don't think Peat says to avoid vegetables, just don't abuse them. Same with lactic acid dairy products. Well cooked rolled oats are not on his recommended must avoid list, either, as far as I can tell.