My Thyroid Level Is 1.7?

mangoes

My understanding is the closer to 0 the more hyperthyroid, the higher the number the more hypothyroid. So 1.7 is okay and within lab range but i think I recall peat saying under 1 is ideal and he hadn’t met a healthy person with a TSH above 1. But also TSH isn’t always the most reliable or accurate thyroid reading because it’s produced in the pituitary and hypothalamus. Other hormones like cortisol can lower TSH and disguise hypothyroidism and that’s why he recommends the temperature test. Someone else can correct any misinformation in case I’m wrong somewhere

Last edited:

hei

From Ray Peat:
"Over a period of several years, I never saw a person whose TSH was over 2 microIU/ml who was comfortably healthy, and I formed the impression that the normal, or healthy, quantity was probably something less than 1.0"

He suggests using pulse and temperature to assess thyroid function; in several articles he mentions a norm of 98.6ºF for body temperature but the book by Dr Broda Barnes says 97.8-98.2ºF for first thing in the morning resting temperature. Regarding pulse:
"Healthy and intelligent groups of people have been found to have an average resting pulse rate of 85/minute, while less healthy groups average close to 70/minute."
TSH, temperature, pulse rate, and other indicators in hypothyroidism

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals