My Thyroid Lab Results. Myxedema? Too Young For This?

crusader

Reverse T3, serum. 15.1, ref range 9.2 -24.1
TSH, 2.530 .340-2.500
Free T4, 1.1 0.8-1.9
Free T3, 2.9 2.3-4.2
Thyroglobulin antibody <20.0. <40
Thyroid peroxidase AB. 15.7. <35

Serum iron 140. 40-200
Ferritin. 124. 28-365

I'm 23 years old, male..Apart from the usual low thyroid symptoms I have (severe fatigue, severe dry skin/brittle hair, hair falling out, no libido, cold, etc..) one of the most undeniable symptoms I have is very prominent facial swelling in the eyes, cheeks, lips, and especially the jowl area, I have a really bad double chin these days, unproportinate to my facial structure, does my lab results indicate that this is a possibility, my intergrative doc told me that only happens with severe thyroid problems.

I'm in the process of moving so I haven't been able to do 100% peat diet, so can't say if that's been helping or not

Ps my face isn't like one of those severe swelling pics of myxedema patients online but it's unusually puffy, like I'm allergic to something but everything from an allergy test came back fine.

OP
C

crusader

I just want to say to the 19 people who viewed this, you guys are the best, awesome advice...

Shrimp

What sort of advice are you looking for? You are likely hypothyroid based on those results and symptoms. Do you use thyroid medication? How are your temps and pulse?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Improving thyroid function will take care of myxedema but it does take some time for the water to move out. This can be done by eating the least toxic, metabolically enhancing foods along with certain supplementation that can help the process along. Doing everything you can to improve your metabolism will make everything better. Try to get enough light, fresh air, take things easy and try not to stress them. If you think you are allergic to something then doing an elimination type diet to find out what is causing the problems would be extremely helpful. Its also a good way to find yourself a good base of foods that do not bother you.

OP
C

crusader

Thanks guys, but I just want to make sure that my personal thyroid levels are at levels that would cause myexdema. My intergrative doc said that only happens with severe thyroid problems?

I too don't think your thyroid numbers are anywhere near bad enough to result in myxedema. What are your vitals; are you overweight? Given your symptoms and particularly if you're overweight there's a good chance it's elevated estrogen and/or cortisol (look up Cushing's disease).

OP
C

crusader

unexamined_whimsy said:
I too don't think your thyroid numbers are anywhere near bad enough to result in myxedema. What are your vitals; are you overweight? Given your symptoms and particularly if you're overweight there's a good chance it's elevated estrogen and/or cortisol (look up Cushing's disease).

Like I said earlier, it's not severe myxedema, but Definetely not mild either.. it's been progressively getting worse over the past 5 years since my health has gone downhill..

My recent labs show my estrogen is at normal levels, I also have very low cortisol(stress induced) , and I am not overweight, pretty average size (6'1 - 200lbs) so my thyroid is pretty the only variable that could cause this.

OP
C

crusader

Kind of confused now, 1 commenter said my lab results highly indicate that im hypothyroid,while another commenter said i am not hypothyroid, so which one is it?

Do you think peat would classify me as hypothyroid? Ive done temp checks recently via oral thermometer and it comes back in the low 98's yet i still get cold very easily / have very cold hands and feet often

J

j.

crusader said:
Do you think peat would classify me as hypothyroid? Ive done temp checks recently via oral thermometer and it comes back in the low 98's yet i still get cold very easily / have very cold hands and feet often

Then you're probably hypothyroid. Hypothyroid people can have high temperature due to stress hormones.

kiran

Have you measured your pulse rate?
Ditto that, stress hormones can bring up the temperature.

Peat would say that the ultimate decision would not be by the numbers, but by your symptoms. Some people have a greater need for thyroid hormone to bring the metabolism up. So the "normal" numbers really don't matter. Perhaps you should try some thyroid to see if it helps?

OP
C

crusader

Interesting, didn't know about the stress hormones..Im going to make an appt with a doc that is listed on the Stop the thyroid madness who routinely prescribed NDT for thyroid patients (I know ray likes the synthetic stuff. But it's just a personal decision on my part..

Hopefully it will help me. Any dosages you guys recommend?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom