My sweat smells too strong, like ammonia

Vins7

My sweat barely smelled in the past, but this changed when i started having digestive problems after taking treatment for h.pylori and reciving surgery for appendicitis.

Yesterday I went for a run and when I came back I noticed that my sweat smelled strong, it had a characteristic smell, as if it were some kind of ammonia.

Is this indicative of something? Some kind of specific dysbiosis?

Thanks in advance.

Jstar

When the body is too acidic, in severe cases, it produces ammonia (which is harmful, in general) to reduce the acid burden. The high acidity is more harmful than the ammonia, but neither is beneficial. A friend of mine used to get ammonia-smelling sweat after running long distance.

It’s interesting to note that regular urine, around pH of 7, has no ammonia smell but when it’s aged the pH increases, sometimes around 10,000 fold, due to ammonia. I think, as the stem cells reproduce they put off ammonia to increase pH as an anti-bacterial protection, but this is theory.

Check the pH levels of urine and saliva. If low, increase alkaline foods or supplement with alkaline agents, and cut back on acid foods. I have found that cheese and milk products (which are high in calcium lactate) are highly acidic. Not sure if that applies to raw goat’s milk.

mostlylurking

My sweat barely smelled in the past, but this changed when i started having digestive problems after taking treatment for h.pylori and reciving surgery for appendicitis.

Yesterday I went for a run and when I came back I noticed that my sweat smelled strong, it had a characteristic smell, as if it were some kind of ammonia.

Is this indicative of something? Some kind of specific dysbiosis?

Thanks in advance.
"The purpose of this study was to find the effect of endurance training and thiamine supplementation on anti-fatigue during the exercise. Each nine students from K Women's University went through three cross-over treatments: placebo treatment, training treatment and thiamine treatment. Training treatment was performed with bicycle ergometer exercise for four weeks (five days per week). Each exercise was performed for an hour with intensity set at 70% (50rpm) of maximal oxygen uptake. Thiamine treatment group was given 10mg of thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide per one kilogram for four weeks. The bicycle ergometer exercise was performed at 70% of maximal oxygen uptake in exercise intensity which 60 minutes of exercise was performed at 50rpm . Lactate concentration was significantly decreased during 15 to 30 minutes of exercise for those with training treatment and 15 to 60 minutes of exercise for those with thiamine treatment compared to placebo treatment group. Ammonia concentration was significantly decreased during 15 to 60 minutes of exercise and 15 to 30 minutes of recovery for those with training and thiamine treatment compared to placebo treatment. Resting blood thiamine concentrations of placebo treatment were significantly lower than training treatment. 60 minutes after the exercise, plasma thiamine concentration was significantly increased in all treatment group. To sum up the previous, thiamine intake during exercise positively benefits carbohydrate metabolism in a way that will decrease lactate concentration, ammonia concentration, and anti- fatigue by reducing the RPE. Therefore, we can consider thiamine intake to be utilized as similar benefits as endurance training."

also: Thiamine and Thyroid: 3 Hidden Thyroid Benefits You Don’t Want to Miss
"3. Thiamine Helps Reduce Ammonia for Improved Brain Function
When your body breaks down muscle protein for energy, ammonia is released in the process.

Since protein breakdown is accelerated in hypothyroidism, this can result in elevated ammonia levels.

This is one of the causes of brain fog that is so commonly found in hypothyroidism.

Thiamine helps by preventing the breakdown of protein in your body to limit the amount of ammonia released.

As a result, many experience improvement in brain fog, mental clarity, and memory recall."

also: Thiamine Reduces Both Lactate And Ammonia

Phosphor

What was your treatment for h. pylori? If you took a fluroquinolone you may be on the verge of having FQAD, or are having it without the tendon problems. Please research FQAD if you did take a flouroquinolone (cipro, levaquin, etc) because if you go over the tipping point it will absolutely ruin your life.

OP
V

Vins7

What was your treatment for h. pylori? If you took a fluroquinolone you may be on the verge of having FQAD, or are having it without the tendon problems. Please research FQAD if you did take a flouroquinolone (cipro, levaquin, etc) because if you go over the tipping point it will absolutely ruin your life.
Idk doctors what kind of antobiotics give me but I can figure It out.
Is It possible that my gut and general health issues are due to this treatment if it must have been about 6 years of that?

davvid_1

i recently started taking selenium and have noticed a sudden worsening in body odor. every day i wake up and have a much stronger onion-type smell

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals