My sleep is literally like a coma. Can't wake up, feeling drunk after I do

OP
Pufa-Puffin

Pufa-Puffin

what about the resting tone of your muscles
does this tend to go too - floppy / hypotonia?

what's your HR and temp and BP through out the day, etc

I think that before starting out on any.. substance, I would work on the B vitamins.
Try each one separately, at a small dose.
And see how you respond.
Vitamins and minerals. Find supplements without excipients. Or go the liver / brewer's yeast route, etc
Watch out for B6 - can be tricky for some.

I tended more to the opposite problem - insomnia with high resting tone (hypertonia)
though it would flip sometimes, not to the extent that you experience though.
I was so sensitive to muscle meats and fish - led right into episodes of insomnia/hypertonia/depression/despair.
What happens if you don't eat muscle meats - does it better or worse?
Try it and see

I strongly recommend to be careful and proceed with caution.
There are some that are incredibly sensitive, in ways that most are not really familiar with and it doesn't even register with them.
Don't matter how safe a substance people say it is or papers or studies - it comes down to how you interact with it.
And this can change over time.
So start low and slow with a substance, even if it is something you would think 'benign' - i.e. salt
Pay attention how your body responds and take it from there

I would read Peat's articles throughly, and listen to his interviews on whatever it is that comes up for you as you go along.

working at fixing your metabolism can lead to the 'fungus' issue resolving, without you doing anything directly for it.
Actually I have the same problem during the day. When I'm awake, I have hypertonia, very hard time falling asleep, and I'm generally wired and anxious. But once I manage to fall asleep, I swing to the other extreme.

K

Kaur Singh

The overarching theme of my health problems I characterize as lack of stability
At one point it clicked that whether it swings one way or the other
it is my body making up for the low thyroid function.

So the key is to improve thyroid

high resting tone can go along with the lack of ATP and CO2 production

I stand with the B vitamins and minerals
and the advise to go slow and low
introducing one thing at a time to be able to point what is working, and what isn't
(and watch out for B6, some cannot take it)

tracking HR temps and BP throughout the day.

Have you paid attention to what happens when you eat muscle meats?
and when you don't?
what if you have milk/honey/coconut oil/salt drink before bed - does this change anything?
are you eating sufficient calories and carbs and protein during the day?
Calcium?

If your health is really bad,
and you have reduced functioning,
I would consider glandulars too
I didn't do it this way - I would now that I know a little more.

cypro can be useful, for serotonin that is high.

thyroid when you are ready for it
See what just a little T3 can do for you in the mornings

how's your cholesterol level?

and pacing:
If you are pushing yourself during the day too much,
it can be affecting your sleep
might be that you are 'crashing' every night

Last edited by a moderator:

Rasaari

How to clear fungal infection? I have tried a lot of things in the past. I'm on zero startch diet for almost a year, have used various natural antifungals, oregano oil, other essential oils, undecylenic acid, increasing stomach acid, increasing bile production... Can't say I feel any different. But I absolutely do have typical fungal infection symptoms, including thick white coat on tongue and very dry, flaky skin, darndruff...

It feels almost like my fungal overgrowth have some underlying reason that needs to be fixed first to get rid of the fungi.
Well one thing the fungi feed on is pufa. Infact, the pufa metabolites are necessary for fungus, here high doses of aspirin inhibited both the biofilm and had fungicidal activity in higher doses Aspirin As An Antifungal Drug, Even Against Candida whether it works on intestinal overgrowth is questionable.

Same goes for methylene blue, great fungicidal when the infection is in the cells or in the stomach where it can get to, but the intestinal overgrowth is harder to get to. Ime oregano oil is good for potentiating other stuff like pharma abx, but alone its not the most effective, however perhaps the dosage was the issue. Caprylic acid is fungicidal too, but again, getting them in the intestine is hard. Nystatin could be easy for intestinal overgrowth, as it doesn't absorb, if one can get it.

Gustav3Y

Nystatin could be easy for intestinal overgrowth, as it doesn't absorb, if one can get it.
How to even describe the issues to the doctor as being fungal so Nystatin is prescribed?
All they prescribe to me is trimebutin maleate which is an antimuscarinic and weak mu opiod and all they want is for you to take it for 1 month then pause then 1 month again, treating the effects rather than the cause with such drug.

Rasaari

How to even describe the issues to the doctor as being fungal so Nystatin is prescribed?
All they prescribe to me is trimebutin maleate which is an antimuscarinic and weak mu opiod and all they want is for you to take it for 1 month then pause then 1 month again, treating the effects rather than the cause with such drug.
Dealing with doctors is very frustrating, and I don't think you can get them to recognize fungal or bacterial issues, unless there's a direct strain trying to kill you. Trust me I've tried, with multiple doctors. I have crohn's and all they do is prescribe immunosuppressant and cortisol, even though for years I've had all kinds of overgrowth. If you are in europa I can help with pharma source.

golder

Well one thing the fungi feed on is pufa. Infact, the pufa metabolites are necessary for fungus, here high doses of aspirin inhibited both the biofilm and had fungicidal activity in higher doses Aspirin As An Antifungal Drug, Even Against Candida whether it works on intestinal overgrowth is questionable.

Same goes for methylene blue, great fungicidal when the infection is in the cells or in the stomach where it can get to, but the intestinal overgrowth is harder to get to. Ime oregano oil is good for potentiating other stuff like pharma abx, but alone its not the most effective, however perhaps the dosage was the issue. Caprylic acid is fungicidal too, but again, getting them in the intestine is hard. Nystatin could be easy for intestinal overgrowth, as it doesn't absorb, if one can get it.
I always thought Ray spoke very unfavourably of Nystatin, I’m not sure if that was just because of how harsh it is in the liver or if there were other reasons? I could be wrong but I vaguely recall him saying he would never recommend it.

I’ve just done an antibiotic course now I have consequent fungal overgrowth. I was going to use fluconazole/caprylic acid but now I’m slightly tempted to go with Nystatin…

Rasaari

I always thought Ray spoke very unfavourably of Nystatin, I’m not sure if that was just because of how harsh it is in the liver or if there were other reasons? I could be wrong but I vaguely recall him saying he would never recommend it.

I’ve just done an antibiotic course now I have consequent fungal overgrowth. I was going to use fluconazole/caprylic acid but now I’m slightly tempted to go with Nystatin…
Fluconazole is way more toxic than nystatin. If you can find the quote on nystatin I'd appreciate it, sounds odd. AFAIK it shouldn't absorb so it shouldn't pose the problems of other antifungals, which ray is very critical of. Obviously the die-off will be stressful.

golder

Fluconazole is way more toxic than nystatin. If you can find the quote on nystatin I'd appreciate it, sounds odd. AFAIK it shouldn't absorb so it shouldn't pose the problems of other antifungals, which ray is very critical of. Obviously the die-off will be stressful.
Sounds logical, I think my memory may be incorrect. I’ll ditch the fluconazole and go with nystatin. Any ideas of a good dosa free/duration? Is it worth doing a secondary dose alongside some charcoal to try and reach any fungus that has reach the intestine? Appreciate your advice!

Rasaari

Sounds logical, I think my memory may be incorrect. I’ll ditch the fluconazole and go with nystatin. Any ideas of a good dosa free/duration? Is it worth doing a secondary dose alongside some charcoal to try and reach any fungus that has reach the intestine? Appreciate your advice!
The dosing is very tricky, as fungal overgrowths are trickier to identify, when they are cleared, and how much is left and how effective it is, so conventional medicine say that you should continue 48hrs after the infection is cleared, again how do you determine that? One way they do is taking stool tests, and when it comes negative for the fungus you continue 48hrs and stop. But what if you have just overgrowth and not a specific infection? Usually candida subspecies are the most prevalent so testing that might be useful, if you are into testing. The dosing varies from 500k to 1000kIU 3 times a day. A week should be fine. Charcoal might hinder as it would bind to the nystatin. Nystatin will get to the intestines alone, as it doesn't absorb. Probably better on a empty stomach.

Gustav3Y

Dealing with doctors is very frustrating, and I don't think you can get them to recognize fungal or bacterial issues, unless there's a direct strain trying to kill you. Trust me I've tried, with multiple doctors. I have crohn's and all they do is prescribe immunosuppressant and cortisol, even though for years I've had all kinds of overgrowth. If you are in europa I can help with pharma source.
I will send you a PM.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals