My Scalp Looks Like A Brain!

blueorca

Greetings.
Recently, I decided to buzz all of my hair off and recently discovered that I have developed Cutis Verticis Gyrata. Its some condition where my scalp develops folds that looks like the ones on the brain. I was never born with this and must have developed this in a 6 month time period since I last buzzed all my hair off. I have been suffering with Telogen Effluvium and had folliculitis in the past. My hair is really thin when I left curly, I thought this was from the TE but it seems like its these folds that have made my hair look thinner. I used to under eat when i was younger but for at least 3 months i have been following a strict ray peat diet. Stuff like eggs, milk, coffee, low pufa consumption and calorie intake of around 1800. I've been getting advice by another generous forum member, so im pretty sure I wasn't doing anything detrimental.
Can anyone shed insight on this. Anything would be appreciated, since surgery is the only known treatment

Tarmander

I had to google this as I had never heard of it or seen it. Does it hurt? Is it super noticeable or not?

I would ask Ray if he has any ideas

I am guessing his response will be that it is estrogen/nitric oxide/abnormal collagen growth related and will suggest progesterone.

OP
B

blueorca

I had to google this as I had never heard of it or seen it. Does it hurt? Is it super noticeable or not?

I would ask Ray if he has any ideas

I am guessing his response will be that it is estrogen/nitric oxide/abnormal collagen growth related and will suggest progesterone.
No it doesnt hurt. It feels soft and squishy. I did ask ray, no reply yet. I am using progesterone already, for about 6 months as well. I hope it isn't the cause, but i cycle progesterone 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. I've been suffering with low androgens for a while, i think it actually shrinked my skull, but im honestly not sure about anything.

GorillaHead

Very interesting. This condition is characterized by hyperplasia of fat tissue of the scalp skin.

How are your hormones?

Greetings.
Recently, I decided to buzz all of my hair off and recently discovered that I have developed Cutis Verticis Gyrata. Its some condition where my scalp develops folds that looks like the ones on the brain. I was never born with this and must have developed this in a 6 month time period since I last buzzed all my hair off. I have been suffering with Telogen Effluvium and had folliculitis in the past. My hair is really thin when I left curly, I thought this was from the TE but it seems like its these folds that have made my hair look thinner. I used to under eat when i was younger but for at least 3 months i have been following a strict ray peat diet. Stuff like eggs, milk, coffee, low pufa consumption and calorie intake of around 1800. I've been getting advice by another generous forum member, so im pretty sure I wasn't doing anything detrimental.
Can anyone shed insight on this. Anything would be appreciated, since surgery is the only known treatment

I looked at the english and german entry on wikipedia, and the german version lists several reasons. Maybe put the german ver into an interpreter like google translate?
Cutis verticis gyrata – Wikipedia

Max23

The winner of the RuPaul´s Drag Race season 11 Yvie Oddly has this condition as well:
iu

He had this condition because of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. You don´t have hyperflexibility?

Peatful

Hi @blueorca

I noticed you said you were eating around 1800 calories a day.
If Ray responds with CVG being connected to a metabolic state- this under-eating would have to be addressed.

To give you some context: the men of the Minnesota Starvation Project were maintaining their weight pre-project on 3200 calories a day.
These were young men 23-30 iirc.
You can see their pictures- they were lean fit men.

They were starved at 1600 calories a day.

Your body is most very likely undernourished- equaling decreased vitamins, minerals and hormones. In a stressed state.

This may be part of the puzzle.

If able, please keep us posted on you.

All my best.

OP
B

blueorca

Very interesting. This condition is characterized by hyperplasia of fat tissue of the scalp skin.

How are your hormones?
My androgens tanked. Not sure why. I was taking progesterone for a while too. I assume my estrogen is low since i take things like aspirin and vitamin e

OP
B

blueorca

The winner of the RuPaul´s Drag Race season 11 Yvie Oddly has this condition as well:
iu

He had this condition because of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. You don´t have hyperflexibility?
Nope, nothing like that.

OP
B

blueorca

Hi @blueorca

I noticed you said you were eating around 1800 calories a day.
If Ray responds with CVG being connected to a metabolic state- this under-eating would have to be addressed.

To give you some context: the men of the Minnesota Starvation Project were maintaining their weight pre-project on 3200 calories a day.
These were young men 23-30 iirc.
You can see their pictures- they were lean fit men.

They were starved at 1600 calories a day.

Your body is most very likely undernourished- equaling decreased vitamins, minerals and hormones. In a stressed state.

This may be part of the puzzle.

If able, please keep us posted on you.

All my best.
Okay i see no harm in upping my calorie intake. I will do that as much as i could. Thanks

Peatful

@blueorca

Have you heard back from Peat?

OP
B

blueorca

Hi guys. Im not sure if anyone is gonna see this but a lil update. My scalp is inflamed at the moment. My folliculitis is flaring back up. The salicylic acid shampoo doesnt seem effective anymore. The ridges went down at the side a but but there is a huge ridge in the middle. My hair is growing back really thin over this area. It looks like a bald spot. Still no reply from ray peat, so i decided to write a new email. Does anyone have any other sources i can look to? I kinda hit a dead end

Ableton

Idk but if massages help, maybe get them to the next level: coco oil on scalp, then backside of a knife to try massaging everything out. I use iodine on top of that

OP
B

blueorca

Idk but if massages help, maybe get them to the next level: coco oil on scalp, then backside of a knife to try massaging everything out. I use iodine on top of that
I think ill look into that but im already using coconut oil for my massages. I feel as though it might be making the problem worse. Was planning to start my week without any coconut oil massages to see how it goes

thms

Greetings.

Any updates? i have this condition as well

:(

P

Peatness

Cutis verticis gyrata is linked to hypothyroidism amongst other things

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals