My Oral Temperature At Doctor Was 97.4, Is That Hypothyroidism?

K

Kratos

this was at 12pm, and fasting. if it is then no wonder im going bald.

Sexypizza

you should take it several times a day for a few days and its good to take it with your pulse. The most important time to take it is when you first wake up and 30 to 60 minutes after breakfast.

OP
K

Kratos

well then i don't know what to do to fix my thyroid. ive cut out wheat but i don't even want to play around with thyroid by taking some medication.

Cirion

I personally feel optimal when my resting temp is 99+. 97.4 is way low. When my temp is that low I have massive brain fog and severe lack of motivation, lots of irritability.

I would definitely pin that as the reason you're going bald as you suggested. I have hypothyroid problems still myself but with effort can usually get to 99F every day and without taking meds. Just requires plenty of quality food, rest, abstaining from stimulants.

lampofred

I personally feel optimal when my resting temp is 99+. 97.4 is way low. When my temp is that low I have massive brain fog and severe lack of motivation, lots of irritability.

I would definitely pin that as the reason you're going bald as you suggested. I have hypothyroid problems still myself but with effort can usually get to 99F every day and without taking meds. Just requires plenty of quality food, rest, abstaining from stimulants.

How do you consistently eat 4000-5000 calories every day? I think my focus would get a lot better if I could handle putting in more food in my system. But anymore than 2000 calories in a day and I completely lose my appetite the next day.

Cirion

How do you consistently eat 4000-5000 calories every day? I think my focus would get a lot better if I could handle putting in more food in my system. But anymore than 2000 calories in a day and I completely lose my appetite the next day.

I have noticed when my metabolism is low my appetite is also low. It can be a vicious cycle. I ran into this on my last diet I did which was just meat and veggies. I had no appetite but also had horrific metabolism. You may need to forcefully stimulate the metabolism from thyroid, red light, caffeine, aspirin ETC to bring an appetite in first. Otherwise, just start pounding some quality fruit (Grapes are my go-to). Jello is my other go-to metabolism booster (made with OJ, gelatin, and honey). I don't find any protein other than gelatin to be metabolism boosting, but I do eat them (alongside gelatin). I recently found out warming milk over the stove (don't use a microwave) to around 100F makes the tryptophan less detrimental IMO, but I still get more out of gelatin.

Generally once my metabolism is "turned on"... the hunger comes. I start getting really hungry once my temp gets to 99F+. I think Haidut talked about this being the point when you have "uncoupled" the mitochondria - good energy, appetite, mood, and often starting to sweat too.

Jsaute21

Which stimulants do you abstain from? It seems as if many stimulants (healthy ones such as t3, caffeine, chocolate, etc.) help temps.

Cirion

Which stimulants do you abstain from? It seems as if many stimulants (healthy ones such as t3, caffeine, chocolate, etc.) help temps.

None of those nor aspirin have ever done me good long term. I do still sometimes have a cup of coffee in the morning but I don't think even that is ideal and I only do it because I often don't get great sleep and have to be functional for work in the morning. I am actively trying to fix my sleep so I can wean off even the 1 cup of coffee.

All they do is temporarily boost your metabolism/body temp at the expense of nutrients you already don't have (in the case of hypothyroidism) so when the boost wears off you'll be in a worse position since the artificially boosted metabolism drained even more nutrients and this is when many people opt to get another boost in the form of caffeine rather than fix their nutrition.

The fact is when your metabolism is working right you won't even crave stimulants because you will no longer need them to be functional. The average American is super stressed and sleep deprived and many drink coffee as their beverage of choice just to survive yet another day at the office. When you talk to that person you find out quickly that they HAVE to have their coffee to survive.

It's certainly conceivable that once your thyroid is fixed and you have a bigger nutritional "wealth" to draw from that you can tolerate coffee better. But why bother with it at this point since you no longer need it?

lampofred

I have noticed when my metabolism is low my appetite is also low. It can be a vicious cycle. I ran into this on my last diet I did which was just meat and veggies. I had no appetite but also had horrific metabolism. You may need to forcefully stimulate the metabolism from thyroid, red light, caffeine, aspirin ETC to bring an appetite in first. Otherwise, just start pounding some quality fruit (Grapes are my go-to). Jello is my other go-to metabolism booster (made with OJ, gelatin, and honey). I don't find any protein other than gelatin to be metabolism boosting, but I do eat them (alongside gelatin). I recently found out warming milk over the stove (don't use a microwave) to around 100F makes the tryptophan less detrimental IMO, but I still get more out of gelatin.

Generally once my metabolism is "turned on"... the hunger comes. I start getting really hungry once my temp gets to 99F+. I think Haidut talked about this being the point when you have "uncoupled" the mitochondria - good energy, appetite, mood, and often starting to sweat too.

Thanks. I'll try getting some different fruits (like grapes) and maybe those will be effective in breaking me out of high stress hormones/low metabolism leading to poor appetite leading to higher stress hormones/lower metabolism vicious cycle.

Cirion

Lack of glucose during the night is the hardest beast to conquer. Nearly every morning I wake up with depressed metabolism, and spend 4-6+ hrs turning it back on each day, only to lose it again the next day and have to start over. True healing only will occur once you can consistently keep metabolism turned on.

BTW I also believe that's why I got fat. If you cycle between high stress and low stress, you prime your body to store body fat. But if you can keep a low stress state over a long period of time, the calories will not make you fat. Technically high stress hormones actually burn fat in the short term and that is why calorie deficits and chronic exercise often works... for a while. But then you stop restricting and guess what, you gain all the fat back and often more.

Cirion

Seems that I have a long way to go. I went to my GP today and was at 96

dang bro yeah 96 is low. But at least now you know. The nice thing is it's a single marker that is easy to track when you are improving.

Cirion

What’s weird is my t4/t3 through blood tests is not bad

Did they also test rT3? You could have good T4 and good T3 but also really high rT3 which would negate your T3

T4 can convert to either T3 or rT3... T3 is like the gas pedal and rT3 is like the brakes to your metabolism. This is why taking T4 meds is not always helpful

Did they also test rT3? You could have good T4 and good T3 but also really high rT3 which would negate your T3

T4 can convert to either T3 or rT3... T3 is like the gas pedal and rT3 is like the brakes to your metabolism. This is why taking T4 meds is not always helpful
I did not do rt3 but will be doing prolactin very soon
:discoboogie

Might add rt3 since that could be my issue