My optometrist said my lenses are browner/yellower now

So I asked Dr. Peat if this leads to cataracts. I’m in my 60s.

“The generalized yellow or brown color of the lens increases with age, doesn’t harm vision (the brain adapts to the color change), and is a process completey different from cataract formation. “

So that’s reassuring!

TheSir

Our pregnenolone guru really knows everything about everything.

Amazoniac

- What colour are your eyes? Teaching the genetics of eye colour & colour vision

"The main pigment in the eye is the dark brown melanin, whilst the scattering of light from the collagen fibres in the sclera make it appear white and the haemoglobin in the blood vessels appears red. Cyanosis is a bluish colour given by high levels of de-oxyhaemoglobin in the blood, but this is not related to eye colour. So where does blue come from as there is no blue pigment in the eye? The explanation for why some eyes are blue is the same as why the sky is blue, a phenomenon known as the Tyndall effect. Light is scattered by particles in the atmosphere (or by the opaque layers in the iris) with blue scattered more than red. Blue iris is an example of a structural colour rather than a pigment colour. Brown irises have the same layer with more melanin and appear brown while complete absence of melanin (Albinism), the iris appears red from the red of the retina."​

yerrag

If it were any yellower, you might develop whiskers. Or be impervious to blue light.

AncestralJoy

Yes and there have been reports from the vitaminosis A crew of eyes becoming brilliantly blue after a year or two off poisanol. A 60+ yr lady has had some very interesting updates on that. Not sure if it would work with all eye colors haha but it does make me wonder if there may be carotenoids collecting up there.

Beastmode

So I asked Dr. Peat if this leads to cataracts. I’m in my 60s.

“The generalized yellow or brown color of the lens increases with age, doesn’t harm vision (the brain adapts to the color change), and is a process completey different from cataract formation. “

So that’s reassuring!
Great news!

Didn't Peat mention something about his brother reversing this with thyroid? I think it was something about him going back to the doctor years later and it wasn't present.