My Observations With Supplementing Thyroid

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Just gonna throw down some thoughts here on what I have experienced.

More is not better, just right is best, or right above just right is best. There is a line for me, when I cross that line stress hormones start to increase, the body will only raise metabolism so much at a time, after that, it starts to fight back. If I push it too hard, I am gonna feel like crap. This is important, metabolism will only raise so much at a time, I am not able to push myself up into hyperthyroid when I first start supplementing thyroid, I will however be able to push myself up into stress hormone city and this is what people think is hyperthyroid, its not. Its stress city, body fighting back on raising metabolism. Ray Peat told me once, being slightly hyperthyroid felt really good. And I know now exactly what he means. He was telling me, I was not hyperthyroid. I was in stress city and needed to work it out myself.

I use what I like call the push up technique. Find that perfect dose of thyroid, that place in the calm, no stress hormones. Then push above that line, 1/16th of a pill. Now I have stepped into stress hormone city. It will be uncomfortable for a few days, sleep will be disturbed, but then finally, stress city becomes calm city and I realized I have now stepped up a notch in metabolism and the stress hormones have died down. This is a satisfying feeling and everything improves at every step upwards I take. So then, once I have been in calm city again, for a while, then its time to step it up and take a trip into stress city for a while, taking a 1/16th of a pill jump. Doing this process over and over is bringing my metabolism up further and further, while at the same time dialing down the stress hormones.

Knowing what I know now, I would have started with 1/16th of a pill, and waiting a couple weeks to see how I react. And then would have used the above technique to slowly push up the metabolism.

I will add more as I think about it.

J

j.

There would probably be a point though that you can't increase your dose anymore and then have just a temporary stress. After certain point of supplementation the stress would probably be permanent if you keep the dose.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes I would think that point would be getting well into hyperthyroid land. I am no where near that yet. I am aiming for slightly hyperthyroid but I feel it might take me a couple years more at least to get there.

When pushing the metabolism up, real energy is coming up and also the body is becoming more sensitive to adrenaline, then the emergency system of back up energy aka stress hormones needs to come down. It takes a little time for that balance to be reached in every step up I that I go. So I take a step up, wait for balance, enjoy the balance for a while, then take another step up, pushing metabolism higher. This is not something that I can do fast, it takes time.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I use Thiroyd from Thailand. I could do an 1/8th of a jump but I find its just too hard on me. The 1/16th of a jump levels out faster and is easier on me.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh, and I am leaning toward the idea that storing them in the freezer is a bad idea. I am thinking it might effect the T3 somehow. So storing it in a cool, dry place is best like it says on the bottle.

If anyone has any more input on the freezer situation I would appreciate it.

Gabriel

Yeah dont put it in the freezer, store it at room temperature. The freezing and thawing process may diminish its activity. I've even read some reports from T4 users that became hypothyroid when taking T4 stored in the refrigerator.

This is an interesting topic on the subject.

HDD

Charlie, what is the goal? Temperature and pulse? Do you stop other supplementation that raise metabolism?

leo

Well this is something I know a little about since I have been reading for centuries.

T3 is VERY DELICATE. It does not store well nor does it last a long time. It will probably lose efficacy before the expiry date. Neither extreme temperature is good....best is in bedside drawer and away from light.

Also, while dosing slowly can be good for some, for others it will cause more hypo symptoms. When you begin to suppress your own production, then the only thyroid you are getting is from your supplement. You need to take adequate to get your temps and pulse up. No more no less....but don't always assume slow is better either. Just the right pace is what wins the race.....the secret is how to find it.

Also I just found out, from Peat, if you are due your next dose of t3, and temps/pulse are high, you can nix that dose. I guess the idea is to ultimately get your own thyroid to do the job.

I have been doing this for the past few days and am happy to be taking less meds.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Haagendazendiane said:
Charlie, what is the goal? Temperature and pulse? Do you stop other supplementation that raise metabolism?

The goal is to pull myself out of hypothyroidism. Pulse of around 90 goal, maybe a tad bit more, I dunno, temps it seems that 99.6 is about hot enough. My pulse is the one thing that is lagging but I am making some progress there.

Right now is pregnenolone and no I am not planning on stopping it because it improves upon the thyroid supplement.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
leo said:
T3 is VERY DELICATE. It does not store well nor does it last a long time. It will probably lose efficacy before the expiry date. Neither extreme temperature is good....best is in bedside drawer and away from light.

Yep, I am now realizing this.

HDD

The higher temperature and pulse would be for healing various health issues involved with hypothyroidism?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Haagendazendiane said:
The higher temperature and pulse would be for healing various health issues involved with hypothyroidism?

Yes, the body will work at a more optimal metabolic rate and squash all things hypothyroid.

leonardo

Charlie said:
I use Thiroyd from Thailand. I could do an 1/8th of a jump but I find its just too hard on me. The 1/16th of a jump levels out faster and is easier on me.

I was recently in Phuket - Thailand and decided to buy thyroid supplements there. Every medical store that I walked into said that they did not know about Thiroyd or Thyroid-S. And they'd never heard of Sriprasit pharma ... Any thoughts as to why a relatively respectable looking Thailand medical brand would have literally zero brand recognition in the home country?

I've personally had good results taking Thyroid-S. It's just that ordering it has gotten so much harder convoluted. And I'm really concerned about getting that one wrong batch which would send a person to the hospital ER.

Thoughts?

aquaman

Charlie said:

over what time frame?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
aquaman said:
Charlie said:

over what time frame?

It can take up to a month or more for the stress hormones to level out once the line is crossed.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh, yes thats what I would start out with. Some people are even finding that 1/16th of a pill is too much and have to take less.

jaa

Poor timing but I put my Thiroyd in the freezer a little less than a week ago. How screwed am I?