My neck grinds -- not pops -- when I turn my head

HeyThere

I just ordered Boron liquid drops off Amazon after reading that link, thank you. I figured I'd go that route vs the "detergent" only because i am super sensitive to most things.

GreenTrails

Yes, boron needs to be mentioned. A boron deficiency can result in impaired bone healing due to a marked reduction in osteogenesis.

The Borax Conspiracy by Walter Last
Thank you for this excellent information!

GreenTrails

Yes, boron needs to be mentioned. A boron deficiency can result in impaired bone healing due to a marked reduction in osteogenesis.

The Borax Conspiracy by Walter Last
I just read "The Borax Conspiracy" by Walter Last. My question is this: Is 20 Mule Team Borax OK to use? The dose says 1 lightly rounded teaspoon (5- 6 gr.) of borax in 1 litre of good quality water. This is your concentrated solution. The Standard Dose is 1 tsp of concentrate (provides 3 mg. of boron). Take 1 dose per day mixed with food or drink. If that feels right, take another dose with another meal. Continue 1 or 2 doses daily. Thank you.

David PS

I just read "The Borax Conspiracy" by Walter Last. My question is this: Is 20 Mule Team Borax OK to use? The dose says 1 lightly rounded teaspoon (5- 6 gr.) of borax in 1 litre of good quality water. This is your concentrated solution. The Standard Dose is 1 tsp of concentrate (provides 3 mg. of boron). Take 1 dose per day mixed with food or drink. If that feels right, take another dose with another meal. Continue 1 or 2 doses daily. Thank you.

Birdie

For consideration:

David PS

For consideration:

Thanks. I have performed neck circles slowly for years. I do 5 clockwise repetitions and 5 counterclockwise first thing in the morning. Sometimes, I do a few more rounds later in the day if I have been stressed. I have found that if I do shoulder circles first, I have less grinding during my neck circles. Initially, I had grinding in my shoulders but that completely disappeared.

Last edited:

I would go with borax if you can get it where you live. It has about 11% boron so you can calculate it from there. 10mg/day is a good start me thinks.

I would add MSM to the previous list of supplements too.

It's good to be on top of things but I think if you have no pain then no real worries, my neck is a lot worse and has been for 20+ years, including grinding and locking up all the time, but it hasn't changed that much and my head is still attached...! :P

Last edited:

GreenTrails

I would go with borax if you can get it where you live. It has about 11% boron so you can calculate it from there. 10mg/day is a good start me thinks.

I would add MSM to the previous list of supplements too.

It's good to be on top of things but I think if you have no pain then no real worries, my neck is a lot worse and has been for 20+ years, including grinding and locking up all the time, but it hasn't changed that much and my head is still attached...! :P
I just read the article, "How to Get Started Taking Boron." Thank you for this information.

xborg

Boron is one of those things I hear people say you need a lot of, but people say this about D3, too, giving haphazard recommendations like 10k a day, which is harmful in some cases.
3mg/day is quite a tiny amount really. When rectifying decades of low-to-zero boron intake 9mg/day is recommended until bone and joint symptoms resolve, then 3mg/day thereafter. We don't need a lot but we need a lot more than we typically get from low-boron agriculture.

And 10000 IU of D3 only sounds like a lot because they devised the IU for D3 to be such a minute measure that even a tiny dose sounds huge. The purpose for D3 was to keep the public chronically deprived of a vital nutrient. (Notice the war on sun exposure? Mustn't get D3 naturally either.) 400 IU sounds kind of like 400mg to the average person but it's only 0.01mg. 10000 IU of D3 = 0.25mg. The body naturally produces several times that in half an hour of generous exposure to midday sun. For 8 months of the year I take 10k IU/day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals