My Mom Is Choosing To Get Off Her Anti-Depressants After 20 Years

SQu

Well well well! Great news everyone!!

My mom is off all her anti-depressants!

Doing Cyproheptadine before bed time.
Progestorone upon waking.
Aspiring with a coke when she needs a mood lift.
Epsom salt baths 2
Adding gelatin and Fruit smoothies.
Light walks and stretches everyday.
She’s becoming a learning machine. Finding new joys and hobbies. Becoming resilient and more relentless than ever.

Next step, get her freakin diet in line ?

But all I can say is.... let’s, freakin, go!!!!
This is wonderful news! So happy for you both and well done on how much you helped her!

bogbody

this is amazing and really inspiring! my husband has been on prozac for about 10 years and is finally ready to come off of it. this gives me a lot of hope for him.

Sam321

My mom is 68.

She just became a widow 7 months ago.

She had a hysterectomy 15 years ago.

She’s been on trazodone, Paxil, and Wellbutrin for 20 years.

She’s been a mess for a long time.

After my father passed 7 months ago, all of her fears came to life. However, she’s been finding ways to face them and is somehow seeing progress. Tonight, she said she is ready to get off her anti-depressants.

Her mentality is kind of, “Well, I’m already suicidal, I have meltdowns constantly, I have insomnia... can it get much worse?”

I have no idea what is to become of this experiment... but, I can’t say it’s not intriguing as it’s her choice. She conjured this idea after going through her ups and downs.

With all that said, does anyone have thoughts to share on this matter and her transition into healthier, metabolic support?

Thanks in advance!
Good for your mom! Very inspiring. Never too old to improve your position.

Take an inventory of her life...
Does she have friends and family she enjoys spending time with on a daily basis?
Does she see a therapist or get other help to process her emotions and probably trauma?
Does she have hobbies she enjoys and also pursues?
Does she eat a lot of processed foods?
Does she sleep well?

If she is lacking in any of those categories, try to help her improve them piece by piece. I know when a friend got off SSRI's she really could only do it if she was able to fill the void of her depression with friends, family, trophy and meaning.

I hope she is successful.
God speed!

My mom is 68.

She just became a widow 7 months ago.

She had a hysterectomy 15 years ago.

She’s been on trazodone, Paxil, and Wellbutrin for 20 years.

She’s been a mess for a long time.

After my father passed 7 months ago, all of her fears came to life. However, she’s been finding ways to face them and is somehow seeing progress. Tonight, she said she is ready to get off her anti-depressants.

Her mentality is kind of, “Well, I’m already suicidal, I have meltdowns constantly, I have insomnia... can it get much worse?”

I have no idea what is to become of this experiment... but, I can’t say it’s not intriguing as it’s her choice. She conjured this idea after going through her ups and downs.

With all that said, does anyone have thoughts to share on this matter and her transition into healthier, metabolic support?

Thanks in advance!
Is WB that bad? It acts on dopamine and noradrenaline ( I know this is seen as bad but I don't think it's THAT bad). Maybe bc it blocks the nACHrs?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

this is amazing and really inspiring! my husband has been on prozac for about 10 years and is finally ready to come off of it. this gives me a lot of hope for him.

i wish him the best in his journey.

I will say this, me constantly relaying affirmations to her has been critical. As her physiology has been changing during this time, she’s gone through a lot of reprogramming which has lead to confusion as times.

so don’t be surprised if you see moments where you think it’s getting worse... the saying, “night is darkest just before the dawn” has been the most powerful theme in her journey. She always gets worse in emotional breakdowns but then when she recovers she’s at a higher level 24-48 hours later.

Every time she goes through tough emotions I just keep repeating that this is apart of her recovery and it will get better. So the language patterns of confidence keeps getting downloaded even when she can’t see it in the moment.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Good for your mom! Very inspiring. Never too old to improve your position.

Take an inventory of her life...
Does she have friends and family she enjoys spending time with on a daily basis?
Does she see a therapist or get other help to process her emotions and probably trauma?
Does she have hobbies she enjoys and also pursues?
Does she eat a lot of processed foods?
Does she sleep well?

If she is lacking in any of those categories, try to help her improve them piece by piece. I know when a friend got off SSRI's she really could only do it if she was able to fill the void of her depression with friends, family, trophy and meaning.

I hope she is successful.
God speed!
Thank you for the feedback. Let’s just say the inventory has been taken. She has a lot of categories that she needs to improve. But she’s heading in the right direction.

Hgreen56

so she does 1-2 Mexican cokes a day. Do you think more caffeine is a consideration?
i don't know, but what i have learn here is that caffeine has a lot of benefits.

- increase metabolic rate 3-11%
- decrease cortisol
- anti-estrogen
- stimulate thyroid
- Protects Blood-brain Barrier From Endotoxin Damage
- Prevents And Slows Liver Fibrosis, Cirrhosis, Cancers
- acts like a sunscreen and prevent skin cancer
- lower serotonin levels
- increase pregnenolone & progesterone
- Strong Antibacterial Agent.
- increase dopamine release more than anything else according to haidut.

So just increase the dose with low amounts and see how much she can tolerate.

Sam321

Thank you for the feedback. Let’s just say the inventory has been taken. She has a lot of categories that she needs to improve. But she’s heading in the right direction.
Good to hear dude! Best of luck!

Sam321

i wish him the best in his journey.

I will say this, me constantly relaying affirmations to her has been critical. As her physiology has been changing during this time, she’s gone through a lot of reprogramming which has lead to confusion as times.

so don’t be surprised if you see moments where you think it’s getting worse... the saying, “night is darkest just before the dawn” has been the most powerful theme in her journey. She always gets worse in emotional breakdowns but then when she recovers she’s at a higher level 24-48 hours later.

Every time she goes through tough emotions I just keep repeating that this is apart of her recovery and it will get better. So the language patterns of confidence keeps getting downloaded even when she can’t see it in the moment.
Have you looked into EMDR for trauma reintegration?
I've known people who have had HELLISH lives who put in serious work in limbic retraining via EMDR therapy and it resolved a lot for them.
Will say this though, if you start, don't stop until things are resolved. Apparently if you stop half way through your nervous system can get stuck in the middle of resolving the trauma and put you in a hole.

Check out attachment theory as well.
"Body Keeps the Score", "A General Theory of Love", etc.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I've known people who have had HELLISH lives who put in serious work in limbic retraining via EMDR therapy and it resolved a lot for them.
Will say this though, if you start, don't stop until things are resolved. Apparently if you stop half way through your nervous system can get stuck in the middle of resolving the trauma and put you in a hole.

Appreciate the idea!

she’s very inconsistent and needs a lot of guidance every step of the way. So this idea may not be the best fit at the moment if there is a chance of sudden blowback.

but I’ll read some material just to learn.

Sam321

Appreciate the idea!

she’s very inconsistent and needs a lot of guidance every step of the way. So this idea may not be the best fit at the moment if there is a chance of sudden blowback.

but I’ll read some material just to learn.
For sure!

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I will do my best to keep updates coming as they occur.

Here’s a new fun one!

My mom is becoming obsessed with listening to music and watching live shows from the past.

Also, she’s becoming obsessed with learning. Almost like she’s been in the dark for so long and now she’s finding the energy to want to learn again She’s ordering books at the library now.

During the day she’s becoming consistently productive. Even its only 2-3 big tasks per day, she’s getting it going.

And she’s laughing way more. To the point where she’s texting me funny stories while I’m at work,

Much more to go, but things continue to tip toe in a positive direction.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Alright everyone... not going to lie, I’m pretty excited. My mom is officially back in the work force. The first job didn’t workout but she just started her second one and she is moving with energy and laughter. She’s becoming ambitious as hell! Even though she has a new job she’s sending out resumes to other ones because she’s finding belief that if she plays the abundance mentality, she’ll eventually find the right people and adventures to be apart

She’s working 5 days a week for 5 hours at a time for now.

its been a hell of a journey as all of you know from this thread. Lots of ups and downs. But for those who may lose hope at some point or another, maybe this story can provide some value.

This is a woman who was destroyed by the medical system along with other family issues. Now, it’s a new ball game.

Thanks for listening everyone!

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Hey my friend,

So I found myself in a place in the last couple months which took me into the most challenging spot of my life. Supplements and food was no longer helping to reduce stress.

Oddly enough, as a last resort, a good friend of mine introduced me to an EMDR therapist. I've been going at it for 1.5 months. Holy smokes! This is the real deal! It's the most powerful tool I've found so far.

Thanks for mentioning earlier my friend!

Sam321

Hey my friend,

So I found myself in a place in the last couple months which took me into the most challenging spot of my life. Supplements and food was no longer helping to reduce stress.

Oddly enough, as a last resort, a good friend of mine introduced me to an EMDR therapist. I've been going at it for 1.5 months. Holy smokes! This is the real deal! It's the most powerful tool I've found so far.

Thanks for mentioning earlier my friend!
**** yeah. I'm so glad its helping you.
Just bumped into a guy in Jui Jitsu who has PTSD from Iraq war. He said he did it as well. It was hell for him to go through it, but in the end... it cleared it up for him!

I think this forum often avoids emotional stress as a cause of disease when they talk oxidative stress when it is probably the most severe form of chronic stress there is.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals