My Mom Is Choosing To Get Off Her Anti-Depressants After 20 Years

GreekDemiGod

I really don't understand this American culture thinking it's fine to take antidepressants for 20 years. The world has gone backwards.

Lee Simeon

Guy Abraham calculated 12 mg of Lugol (2 drops) is the steady state where daily supplementation supplement the losses.

Search my forum posts.

Japanese people ingest between 10-50 mg or more a day throughout their lifetimes through sea weeds.

They have among the lowest incidence of Alzheimer in the world. Although Natto (Vit K2) might have a co role to play here.
Thank you! Do you think 200 mcg selenium is enough to take with 10mg iodine or should it be more selenium?

burtlancast

Thank you! Do you think 200 mcg selenium is enough to take with 10mg iodine or should it be more selenium?
I think it depends on your weight.

Over 180 pounds, you can certainly take 400.

Abram Hoffer used to take 600 daily, without iodine. And he looked to be around 160 pounds.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Hey everyone,

some more updates. And guess what, great news!!!

my mom is coming alive!!! She’s laughing everyday and become resilient to challenges like I’ve never seen before.

she’s developing a belief that change is possible and she can do it.

she’s almost off all her anti depressants... the last which she still takes in the morning is Wellbutrin.

She now takes an anti-histamine to sleep.
Aspirin, coke, and red light when she needs to regulate her mood.
Progesterone for energy.
Raw carrot in the morning.
She’s about to start gelatin for protein.
I’ve had to do a lot of hypnotherapy with her personally as she’s grieved.

She’s turning 69. And for all those that want to find hope, takes this story that change and healing is possible. It can take a lot of work and patience to get there, but it is possible!

thank you to everyone whose been supportive! Means everything.

ill keep everyone updated. Until next time.

Vileplume

Hey everyone,

some more updates. And guess what, great news!!!

my mom is coming alive!!! She’s laughing everyday and become resilient to challenges like I’ve never seen before.

she’s developing a belief that change is possible and she can do it.

she’s almost off all her anti depressants... the last which she still takes in the morning is Wellbutrin.

She now takes an anti-histamine to sleep.
Aspirin, coke, and red light when she needs to regulate her mood.
Progesterone for energy.
Raw carrot in the morning.
She’s about to start gelatin for protein.
I’ve had to do a lot of hypnotherapy with her personally as she’s grieved.

She’s turning 69. And for all those that want to find hope, takes this story that change and healing is possible. It can take a lot of work and patience to get there, but it is possible!

thank you to everyone whose been supportive! Means everything.

ill keep everyone updated. Until next time.
Thanks for the update. So glad to hear she’s doing well.

Uselis

Good for her! Some symptoms might reappear even half year later but comfort her and stay calm. It's common scenario with psychiatric drugs to surprise you with side effects even as late as several months post quitting. Healing from those follows wave pattern when symptoms ramp up for awhile and then subside while new homeostasis takes place.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Good for her! Some symptoms might reappear even half year later but comfort her and stay calm. It's common scenario with psychiatric drugs to surprise you with side effects even as late as several months post quitting. Healing from those follows wave pattern when symptoms ramp up for awhile and then subside while new homeostasis takes place.
Good thoughts! Thanks for sharing.

Brooks Esq.

My mom is 68.

She just became a widow 7 months ago.

She had a hysterectomy 15 years ago.

She’s been on trazodone, Paxil, and Wellbutrin for 20 years.

She’s been a mess for a long time.

After my father passed 7 months ago, all of her fears came to life. However, she’s been finding ways to face them and is somehow seeing progress. Tonight, she said she is ready to get off her anti-depressants.

Her mentality is kind of, “Well, I’m already suicidal, I have meltdowns constantly, I have insomnia... can it get much worse?”

I have no idea what is to become of this experiment... but, I can’t say it’s not intriguing as it’s her choice. She conjured this idea after going through her ups and downs.

With all that said, does anyone have thoughts to share on this matter and her transition into healthier, metabolic support?

Thanks in advance!
She needs to work with a psychiatrist who will slowly (and I mean slowly) taper her off those medications, likely one medication at a time. She has been on those drugs for a long time and if she tries to stop them all cold turkey she could have devastating effects. Especially so, in that she is coming off these meds during a time of trauma and despair.

Brooks

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Well well well! Great news everyone!!

My mom is off all her anti-depressants!

Doing Cyproheptadine before bed time.
Progestorone upon waking.
Aspiring with a coke when she needs a mood lift.
Epsom salt baths 2
Adding gelatin and Fruit smoothies.
Light walks and stretches everyday.
She’s becoming a learning machine. Finding new joys and hobbies. Becoming resilient and more relentless than ever.

Next step, get her freakin diet in line ?

But all I can say is.... let’s, freakin, go!!!!

Perry Staltic

Epsom salt baths 2
She’s becoming a learning machine. Finding new joys and hobbies. Becoming resilient and more relentless than ever.

What a great son she has.

Razvan

Epsom salt baths 2

You still do 5-dhp?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

What dosage? Still 1mg? How would you compare it with pansterone?

1mg at a time 1x a day. 1x a week I might do 3x a day if I need a little more due to stress.

Better than Pansterone for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals