My Mom Is Choosing To Get Off Her Anti-Depressants After 20 Years

burtlancast

How would you take this, orally or topically (I made some "oil" with 50% water) ?

I have no problems orally.

Look for the natural sea version "Nigari". It's very popular.

Kunstruct

I have no problems orally.

Look for the natural sea version "Nigari". It's very popular.

"Nigari" is what I have, but I never took it orally just made myself some oil with 50% water, but I believe it is just a text there as it says magnesium chloride hexahydrate origin PRC.

burtlancast

It tastes awful, but people who never drank it before never fail to remark how much better it made them feel after 20 min.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

You absolutely need to give iodine and magnesium (chloride) a try.

It will detox fluoride and other heavy metals slowly and that can do wonders for the body, and especially the sleep/mind.

And as others said, Vit D (she obviously needs it since she wakes up late) and lithium. Maybe 10.000 -20.00 IU /day for a few months.

The effects are guaranteed.

Give as well a look to L-Methylfolate: it's extremely effective for refractory major depression in 70% of the cases. L-Methylfolate: A Promising Therapy for Treatment-Resistant Depression?

Thank you for the thoughts my friend! So appreciated!

Elie

Forum Supporter
Need to be done Gradually.
Has some experience with rhodiola rosea helping with the transition

OP
Velve921

Velve921

It will detox fluoride and other heavy metals slowly and that can do wonders for the body, and especially the sleep/mind.

And as others said, Vit D (she obviously needs it since she wakes up late) and lithium. Maybe 10.000 -20.00 IU /day for a few months.

Give as well a look to L-Methylfolate: it's extremely effective for refractory major depression in 70% of the cases. L-Methylfolate: A Promising Therapy for Treatment-Resistant Depression?

Thank you for the suggestion!

I will look into this.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Just to give an update...

The first SSRI my mom has chosen to back down is Paxil.

In the last couple days she’s now sleeping through the whole night... 11-13 hours. That hasn’t happened to her in decades.

She’s added a small dose of benedryl before bedtime and is still taking a dose of trazodone.

During the day she’s added 1 grain of NDT.

What’s interesting, is she’s read material to prepare for this process. In other words, she’s being observant. She’s also chosen not stray far from the apartment in case she has uncomfortable feelings... with the exception of short walks.

She’s also had diarrhea which in previous years she’s had periods of constipation. So I am assuming the lower dose of Paxil could be causing this as Serotonin levels could be decreasing slightly?

Thanks again for everyone’s support and feedback! Means a lot.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

will she take charcoal?

Not many people have mentioned gut stuff, but quickening that along will help her feel lighter and less bogged down

Right now we are focused on simple habits that she can maintain. For example, using benadryl for sleep; versus as much trazodone.

Among others... such as red light, coke, and obviously less Paxil. She can only take on so much at a time as you could imagine.

The next step is getting her to either do the raw carrot salad daily and eventually charcoal.

Thanks for sharing!

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Just some updates, she has been sleeping more and better than she has in years.

The Benedryl has been a game changer! It knocks her out almost instantly!

I am curious to see the increased sleep function in itself will pay off over time.

Before she would be up all nights and all over the place. Now, she’s sleeping like 9-10pm to 10-11am; she may wake up once for a couple minutes.

It’s still early but I would say these little steps seem positive.

Whataboutbob

https://www.toxinless.com/yohaf-961112-thyroid-progesterone-and-diet.mp3

I was where your moms at 12 years ago (on ssri and other meds for ten years) I’m 62 now ......soooo many pieces to the pie. Family origin/ your grandmother’s pregnancy (her life style/diet/stress )with you mom. Your parents marriage, raising kids, did she work out side home. Does she have brothers/sisters, her relationships with them and her parents.So much more than what we eat....look up Gabor Mate check his book “When the body says no” and watch his YouTube’s dealing with locked away trauma, insults and injury to the body ...“learned helplessness”. Ray has mentioned him in different interviews.
The clip I posted is Ray speaking 22 years ago....At about 6 min he hits the nail on the head that woke me up. That was almost 8 years ago....it all deals with stress,...... the body being in a compromised or “ready state” to deal with stress of which most of us aren’t. He goes on to talk about STRESS.......life style environment, sunshine, pufa, estrogen,(cholesterol healthy liver, pregnenolone, thyroid =ready state)mineral balance, calcium/salt is important. I could go on and on, but it’s like Bill Murray says in “What about bob”.....it’s all about baby steps.....I wish you and your mom the best in you journey to health and wellness...bob

OP
Velve921

Velve921

https://www.toxinless.com/yohaf-961112-thyroid-progesterone-and-diet.mp3

I was where your moms at 12 years ago (on ssri and other meds for ten years) I’m 62 now ......soooo many pieces to the pie. Family origin/ your grandmother’s pregnancy (her life style/diet/stress )with you mom. Your parents marriage, raising kids, did she work out side home. Does she have brothers/sisters, her relationships with them and her parents.So much more than what we eat....look up Gabor Mate check his book “When the body says no” and watch his YouTube’s dealing with locked away trauma, insults and injury to the body ...“learned helplessness”. Ray has mentioned him in different interviews.
The clip I posted is Ray speaking 22 years ago....At about 6 min he hits the nail on the head that woke me up. That was almost 8 years ago....it all deals with stress,...... the body being in a compromised or “ready state” to deal with stress of which most of us aren’t. He goes on to talk about STRESS.......life style environment, sunshine, pufa, estrogen,(cholesterol healthy liver, pregnenolone, thyroid =ready state)mineral balance, calcium/salt is important. I could go on and on, but it’s like Bill Murray says in “What about bob”.....it’s all about baby steps.....I wish you and your mom the best in you journey to health and wellness...bob

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

I will watch the clip and go deeper with Gabors material.

I agree with everything said..: she has a lot she’s working through in all the categories and all is coming to the surface.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Just some updates:

this week she got a UTI that left her feeling immense discomfort.

Her urination was bothering her so much that I had to take her to doc. They prescribed an antibiotic.

She slept for 1.5 days; then had a terrible headache and nervous breakdown. I had to take her to the ER and they gave her an intravenous Benedryl combined with regalen. It took the headache and the mania away.

Before doing this treatment last night, she was a different person. She looked at me with disdain On the way to the hospital; earlier that day when she was grieving she had this epic meltdown like I had never seen before. She let out this shrieky scream like out of the exorcist... something I never thought I’d hear in this lifetime.

But, it’s almost like she’s addressing the pain head on; more than I’ve ever seen her do before. She has said to me 3x in the last 2 weeks that she’s been having breakthroughs. I had never heard her say this before.

As weird as it is, I feel like this is all positive because I see myself in her as I’ve grieved these past few months over my father. Every time my anxiety got worse was because I had reached a new level of discomfort; however, I always came out on the other side at a new level of resilience.

Any feedback that anyone would like to share on this thought?

Thanks again!

High_Prob

I am 44. I was on them for maybe 3 years (Lexapro, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft). What helped me the most:

Low Dose Lithium
Niacin
Taurine
Glycine
Magnesium
Coffee

Recently: Agmatine, Low Dose Uridine

Future additions:
Methylene Blue (tried before but was not consistent)

Theanine (tried before but this time will dose dose no higher than 50 - 100 mg)

Last edited:

Lee Simeon

What iodine doses are safe on a daily long term basis? Like 10 mg? Taking a capsule of selenium with it.

burtlancast

What iodine doses are safe on a daily long term basis? Like 10 mg? Taking a capsule of selenium with it.

Guy Abraham calculated 12 mg of Lugol (2 drops) is the steady state where daily supplementation supplement the losses.

Search my forum posts.

Japanese people ingest between 10-50 mg or more a day throughout their lifetimes through sea weeds.

They have among the lowest incidence of Alzheimer in the world. Although Natto (Vit K2) might have a co role to play here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals