My Methylation Findings

InChristAlone

I have never been a morning person, but having kids has forced me to be, and sticking to a schedule has made it a lot easier and I usually love going to bed now and can fall asleep pretty easy unless I throw my schedule off by eating before bed. My entire life I was lethargic in the morning and wide awake at night.

OP
kineticz

kineticz

Yes I'm like that. You can get a quicker bump in ACTH (or whatever it is) with caffeine by the bedside. I find that thyroid can't really do this job unless you're willing to surrender your natural production and live and die by the supplement. I think you can shift back like Janelle says, but the simple fact is that if you feel great in the morning, you will have to give up that epic boost that we get in the evening. And I don't know any night people that are ready to do that. We love the evening and just the sight of how morning people are after lunch is enough of a turnoff.

What time do you get up? Do you work?

OP
kineticz

kineticz

I have never been a morning person, but having kids has forced me to be, and sticking to a schedule has made it a lot easier and I usually love going to bed now and can fall asleep pretty easy unless I throw my schedule off by eating before bed. My entire life I was lethargic in the morning and wide awake at night.

I operate online a lot as the UK is the largest online economy so I can telework and that possibly makes me lose the incentive to get up with nowhere to go lol

OP
kineticz

kineticz

:smug

Ultra-Spiritual-500x500.jpg

He has your hair :bookworm:

InChristAlone

I operate online a lot as the UK is the largest online economy so I can telework and that possibly makes me lose the incentive to get up with nowhere to go lol
I don't blame ya! I used to sleep in every chance I got. I don't even remember the last time I slept past 9:30. And I wish I could just sleep, most of the reason for my anxiety disorder is lack of sleep and running on cortisol.

OP
kineticz

kineticz

I don't blame ya! I used to sleep in every chance I got. I don't even remember the last time I slept past 9:30. And I wish I could just sleep, most of the reason for my anxiety disorder is lack of sleep and running on cortisol.

You look great in your pic when was that taken

InChristAlone

Haha it's a more youthful looking me, about 5 yrs ago. A lot has happened in 5 yrs. Same weight though.

Lucas

Kineticz:

Hello.

What are your ferritin and serum iron blood results?

I have high ferritin and low stomach acid. I can take 10 capsules of 650 mg of betaine hcl before a meal and fell no burning sensation. It is strange how can I have low stomach acid and high ferritin, since stomach acid is needed to absolve iron??

I cannot take methylb12 since I get more fatigued whit it, so I take hydroxocobalamin and feel better.

Also, how much b2 are you taking?

Thank you very much!!

OP
kineticz

kineticz

Kineticz:

Hello.

What are your ferritin and serum iron blood results?

I have high ferritin and low stomach acid. I can take 10 capsules of 650 mg of betaine hcl before a meal and fell no burning sensation. It is strange how can I have low stomach acid and high ferritin, since stomach acid is needed to absolve iron??

I cannot take methylb12 since I get more fatigued whit it, so I take hydroxocobalamin and feel better.

Also, how much b2 are you taking?

Thank you very much!!

That's high transulfuration depletion of glutathione and a burn out of B6 and B2 to recycle your ceruloplasmin and anti oxidant status.

I take 200mg B2/day with my mineral mix

Do you have quick tips for a female with low iron and low ferritin and lifelong anemia?

Simonsays

Need to follow a circadian rhythm. Go to bed by 11pm, get up by at least 8. Get sunlight in the morning. Block blue light at night.

This is it. Discipline.

If you are up and about early enough you will get tired sooner later in the day regardless, if you keep busy, mentally if not physically. All easier said than done i know

I can still sleep in for England, since childhood and the only way to overcome this i have found, is to have to get up for something, like getting in for work. Unfortunately working for yourself at home allows you turn over and lose discipline. When I worked for myself i seemed to spend most of the morning in bed!!

Youre never be an early bird but it is definitely possible to change. I have friends of a similar age who can go to bed and be asleep by 10.30pm, up and refreshed at 7.. I cant achieve this but falling asleep 12pm -1am is definitely better than 2-3am. If you find you cant, poker is an option.

Ive found magnesium spray has helped me definitely to get off to sleep earlier . HCL Pepsin for stomach acid and some heavy weights for testosterone have also helped me.

Best of luck with managing your condition, you have the advantage over most with a good knowledge of human chemistry.

( Its 12pm and im still awake and i was up 7.45 this morning!!, 8oclock doctors appointment, which i yawned through of course)

whodathunkit

Did you experience any signs of glutathione depletion by remethylating your proteins away from it? Did you take P5P and/or B2? Any histamine reactions?
Well, TBH, my cognition is not the greatest since starting supplements that address methylation. My physical energy has, according to the state of health I was in when I began, increased beyond all reasonable expectation. I never thought I'd be able to exercise for a couple hours per day and still have a life. And yet, methylation was a big reason I can do that now. Before doing Freddd's protocol I had no energy and no drive to move. Not the case any more.

But cognition has taken a hit and I've never quite been able to figure out why. I can get a general idea of what I'm doing and why, but retention is not great. Ask me a few weeks later why I'm doing what I'm doing and if I haven't constantly immersed myself in studying it, I can't give you a straight answer. :hilarious::arghh:You seem pretty knowledgeable, maybe you can speculate as to why methylation might have worsened my cognition...? Maybe glutathione depletion brain fog? It would be helpful to me to hear any ideas about it, if you have them. I'm addressing biofilms, systemic inflammation, and fibrosis right now, so hopefully that will help. But I'm always looking for the next brick in the wall.

That's the long way of saying I can't really say about glutathione depletion due to methylation. I definitely have had symptoms of glutathione depletion for going on two decades. I have tried to address it in various ways, including combining a lot of glutathione precursors (NAC + glycine + glutamine, etc.) and using transdermal liposomal glutathione. Cognition is the only thing that got worse after using methylation supps.

My first mB12 shot was a revelation. I took off like a rocket ship. I had had cyanocobalmin injectsions of and on for years and they never did anything for me. I don't know the reason behind this, except maybe crappy lifestyle/poor nutrition, and some MTRR snps that might interfere with B12.

P5P was crucial for me in the beginning of Freddd's protocol. It resolved some side effects and everything got better after I started it. I brightened noticeably. I had tried to take it before starting Freddd's methylation protocol and it was a no-go for me. Made me crabby, fatigued, and generally out of sorts. Gave me a real lift after Freddd, though. It's still in the arsenal although don't need it daily.

I used coenzymated B2 sporadically during early days with Freddd but never noticed anything from it. After a couple years on Freddd I got into the B2 thread started at PR by dogperson so began taking it regularly then. I use coenzymated sublingually and "regular" B2 orally. I think I've seen some benefits in liver function judging by the way I feel, but have noticed no remarkable benefits from it. I take it on faith as it's supposed to help with iron transport and utilization, and also can pull iron out of the liver if it's stored there.

I'm thought to have anemia mostly because of chronic low ferritin and symptoms like low energy (largely fixed) and poor hair and nails (ongoing problems). I know low ferritin is not the best marker but other markers are borderline. I do lose a lot of blood every month so that does explain it, but there also seems to be a problem with transport/utilization. I haven't been able to suss it all out properly. I've taken a lot of iron supps in the past and also had an iron transfusion that absolutely wrecked my blood sugar control. FBG skyrocketed the morning after the transfusion and didn't come down for a year until I started taking radical dietary measures. So in addition to prbably fatty liver I likely have a lot of iron stored unproductively in the liver. I'm working on all that, slowly yet successfully, but it's definitely a work in progress

I've looked at copper supplementation but tests for copper levels are notoriously unreliable and copper supplementation can be dicey if you're flying blind and supplement when you already have too much in circulation. At any rate I don't have benefits right now and no funds for any tests.

Got any thoughts on possible copper supplementation?

OP
kineticz

kineticz

This is it. Discipline.

If you are up and about early enough you will get tired sooner later in the day regardless, if you keep busy, mentally if not physically. All easier said than done i know

I can still sleep in for England, since childhood and the only way to overcome this i have found, is to have to get up for something, like getting in for work. Unfortunately working for yourself at home allows you turn over and lose discipline. When I worked for myself i seemed to spend most of the morning in bed!!

Youre never be an early bird but it is definitely possible to change. I have friends of a similar age who can go to bed and be asleep by 10.30pm, up and refreshed at 7.. I cant achieve this but falling asleep 12pm -1am is definitely better than 2-3am. If you find you cant, poker is an option.

Ive found magnesium spray has helped me definitely to get off to sleep earlier . HCL Pepsin for stomach acid and some heavy weights for testosterone have also helped me.

Best of luck with managing your condition, you have the advantage over most with a good knowledge of human chemistry.

( Its 12pm and im still awake and i was up 7.45 this morning!!, 8oclock doctors appointment, which i yawned through of course)

Thanks, I find abstinence might help too but it's tough :P

OP
kineticz

kineticz

Well, TBH, my cognition is not the greatest since starting supplements that address methylation. My physical energy has, according to the state of health I was in when I began, increased beyond all reasonable expectation. I never thought I'd be able to exercise for a couple hours per day and still have a life. And yet, methylation was a big reason I can do that now. Before doing Freddd's protocol I had no energy and no drive to move. Not the case any more.

But cognition has taken a hit and I've never quite been able to figure out why. I can get a general idea of what I'm doing and why, but retention is not great. Ask me a few weeks later why I'm doing what I'm doing and if I haven't constantly immersed myself in studying it, I can't give you a straight answer. :hilarious::arghh:You seem pretty knowledgeable, maybe you can speculate as to why methylation might have worsened my cognition...? Maybe glutathione depletion brain fog? It would be helpful to me to hear any ideas about it, if you have them. I'm addressing biofilms, systemic inflammation, and fibrosis right now, so hopefully that will help. But I'm always looking for the next brick in the wall.

That's the long way of saying I can't really say about glutathione depletion due to methylation. I definitely have had symptoms of glutathione depletion for going on two decades. I have tried to address it in various ways, including combining a lot of glutathione precursors (NAC + glycine + glutamine, etc.) and using transdermal liposomal glutathione. Cognition is the only thing that got worse after using methylation supps.

My first mB12 shot was a revelation. I took off like a rocket ship. I had had cyanocobalmin injectsions of and on for years and they never did anything for me. I don't know the reason behind this, except maybe crappy lifestyle/poor nutrition, and some MTRR snps that might interfere with B12.

P5P was crucial for me in the beginning of Freddd's protocol. It resolved some side effects and everything got better after I started it. I brightened noticeably. I had tried to take it before starting Freddd's methylation protocol and it was a no-go for me. Made me crabby, fatigued, and generally out of sorts. Gave me a real lift after Freddd, though. It's still in the arsenal although don't need it daily.

I used coenzymated B2 sporadically during early days with Freddd but never noticed anything from it. After a couple years on Freddd I got into the B2 thread started at PR by dogperson so began taking it regularly then. I use coenzymated sublingually and "regular" B2 orally. I think I've seen some benefits in liver function judging by the way I feel, but have noticed no remarkable benefits from it. I take it on faith as it's supposed to help with iron transport and utilization, and also can pull iron out of the liver if it's stored there.

I'm thought to have anemia mostly because of chronic low ferritin and symptoms like low energy (largely fixed) and poor hair and nails (ongoing problems). I know low ferritin is not the best marker but other markers are borderline. I do lose a lot of blood every month so that does explain it, but there also seems to be a problem with transport/utilization. I haven't been able to suss it all out properly. I've taken a lot of iron supps in the past and also had an iron transfusion that absolutely wrecked my blood sugar control. FBG skyrocketed the morning after the transfusion and didn't come down for a year until I started taking radical dietary measures. So in addition to prbably fatty liver I likely have a lot of iron stored unproductively in the liver. I'm working on all that, slowly yet successfully, but it's definitely a work in progress

I've looked at copper supplementation but tests for copper levels are notoriously unreliable and copper supplementation can be dicey if you're flying blind and supplement when you already have too much in circulation. At any rate I don't have benefits right now and no funds for any tests.

Got any thoughts on possible copper supplementation?

Regarding cognition, B12 stimulates both red cell and lipid replication, so you could have some sort of phosphatdylcholine or serine deficiency. I get great cognitive results from the amino acid l-serine on it's own. L-serine is a component of lipids in the brain and is integral to recycling glycine in the kidneys to feed into the gut for steroid metabolism (coenzyme A). So perhaps you could try l-serine for cognition. It's available on Amazon. It will both support your glutathione pathway and your brain lipid composition.

My experience with copper is it's relatively safe to try especially if you tolerate MB12 well as that will ensure copper is pulled into ceruloplasmin for iron transport. B2 is relatively ineffective for anemia without both iron and copper. It also won't do much if you aren't producing glutathione since B2 recycles reduced glutathione from oxidized glutathione in red blood cells which also helps clear up poor memory and brain fog.

whodathunkit

I get great cognitive results from the amino acid l-serine on it's own. L-serine is a component of lipids in the brain and is integral to recycling glycine in the kidneys to feed into the gut for steroid metabolism (coenzyme A). So perhaps you could try l-serine for cognition.
Great suggestion. Thank you. I'm-a try it. I do think I've got some sort of choline/PC choline deficiency, but a very short time supplementing with enough choline to give me a little boost in cognition and energy quickly results in increased brainfog and inflammation. IIRC too much ACh that isn't degraded/uptaken properly (may have a problem with that, too) is a player in fibrosis and general inflammation. Note I say IIRC. Please don't quote me and in fact correct me if I'm talking out my a$$. I need to start writing all this crap down so I can re-find it when I need to. :meh:

I was actually on PS at night for a long while for adrenal symptoms, but stopped it because of the PUFA. Maybe I should try it again. I think I still have a bottle with enough to give me an idea of whether it will do me good before purchasing it again.

Sounds like I need to start addressing glutathione specifically again, too. That makes sense to me...I usually have to circle back around to everything at least once.

Thanks, kineticz!

OP
kineticz

kineticz

How many fats do you get
I don't know :ss iron malabsorption, though.

It's female sex hormone problems I'd say. Some sort of I'm no expert :D
Great suggestion. Thank you. I'm-a try it. I do think I've got some sort of choline/PC choline deficiency, but a very short time supplementing with enough choline to give me a little boost in cognition and energy quickly results in increased brainfog and inflammation. IIRC too much ACh that isn't degraded/uptaken properly (may have a problem with that, too) is a player in fibrosis and general inflammation. Note I say IIRC. Please don't quote me and in fact correct me if I'm talking out my a$$. I need to start writing all this crap down so I can re-find it when I need to. :meh:

I was actually on PS at night for a long while for adrenal symptoms, but stopped it because of the PUFA. Maybe I should try it again. I think I still have a bottle with enough to give me an idea of whether it will do me good before purchasing it again.

Sounds like I need to start addressing glutathione specifically again, too. That makes sense to me...I usually have to circle back around to everything at least once.

Thanks, kineticz!

L-serine might be better to try to avoid the PUFA of PS since the kidneys will best decide the use of serine and glycine in the methyl cycle. Glycine feeds both methionine synthase and transsulfuration/glutathione. B2 then recycles the whole cycle to keep blood in reduced form.

High acetylcholine relative to dopamine and serotonin is indeed not desirable from experience. Choline also seems to compete with carnitine and carnitine is essential for fat metabolism in the heart. So the brainfog from excess choline can be reduced cardiac output resulting in the loss of sodium and a rise in aldosterone. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals