My limbs fall asleep so easy since last week!

Motif

What could cause this?

I added magnesium malate , olive leaf extract and allicin about two weeks ago.

Edit: I was having a bad cold too

Last edited:

mostlylurking

What could cause this?

Maybe thiamine deficiency, brought to the forefront from the extra stress of getting sick?

"Beriberi due to thiamine (vitamin B1) deficiency has two clinical presentations. Patients with dry beriberi present with neuropathy...." from here: Dry Beriberi Due to Thiamine Deficiency Associated with Peripheral Neuropathy and Wernicke's Encephalopathy Mimicking Guillain-Barré syndrome: A Case Report and Review of the Literature - PubMed

Here's some general information: Role of Thiamin in Health and Disease - PubMed

The term "beriberi" sounds so extreme and the experts keep blaming it on alcoholism. But there are gradations of this deficiency. I've been taking high dose thiamine hcl for about 9 months. I forgot my second daily dose for the past two days. Some of my neuropathy symptoms have returned, just like that. Back to the twice a day dosing for me! I really need this stuff.

Here's a video for your consideration:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVXFqiPDwE

conrad0602

What could cause this?

Edit: I was having a bad cold too.

I've noticed this effect from magnesium and also from thyroid which could be in relation to magnesium retention.

NodeCerebri

can you think of anything that could have caused elevated water retention? You said you had a cold, so maybe your serotonin is elevated which can lead to the symptoms you describe.
If you take thyroid, be careful with calcium carbonate (egg shell powder).

JamesGatz

Maybe thiamine deficiency, brought to the forefront from the extra stress of getting sick?
I agree with this - whenever my body parts falling asleep easy as OP describes - Orange juice ALWAYS fixes me right up - B1 or Magnesium either way I like orange juice salted very much for these purposes

mostlylurking

I agree with this - whenever my body parts falling asleep easy as OP describes - Orange juice ALWAYS fixes me right up - B1 or Magnesium either way I like orange juice salted very much for these purposes
I just want to point out that if you take the thiamine with something sweet (like orange juice), the thiamine doesn't work. It needs to be taken with water spaced away from things like orange juice.

JamesGatz

I just want to point out that if you take the thiamine with something sweet (like orange juice), the thiamine doesn't work. It needs to be taken with water spaced away from things like orange juice.
But Orange Juice doesn't have thiamine ? When I had put Orange Juice in cronometer a while back I believe it came out between 10-20% but I could be mistaken. I had always assumed B1 content and Magnesium were the main reasons OJ was so beneficial besides the anti-stress effects

Zpol

I have the same issue. It comes and goes. If it's bad, regular thiamine won't be enough, I'd go for the benfotiamine 600mg 2x per day for approximately 6 weeks. Or else allithiamine (not sure the dose though).

mostlylurking

But Orange Juice doesn't have thiamine ? When I had put Orange Juice in cronometer a while back I believe it came out between 10-20% but I could be mistaken. I had always assumed B1 content and Magnesium were the main reasons OJ was so beneficial besides the anti-stress effects
Orange juice is great stuff! It's mainly the potassium and the anti-estrogenic things like naringen and naringinen in it that are what make it so great. And there's some vitamin C in there too.

One 8-ounce glass of 100% orange juice contains approximately 10% of the recommended Daily Value of thiamine. Thiamin Benefits and 100% Orange Juice | Florida Orange Juice | Florida Orange Juice

Lessee, according to the Powers that Be, the official RDA for thiamine is something like 1.4mg. So the glass of oj has maybe .014mg of thiamine in it. According to the video below, the official RDA is enough thiamine to maybe keep you breathing but no where near enough to keep you healthy.

Once you subtract the thiamine that is required to metabolize the sugar in the orange juice, you are probably left with zero if you're lucky.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkKmiZkiEPI

mostlylurking

I have the same issue. It comes and goes. If it's bad, regular thiamine won't be enough, I'd go for the benfotiamine 600mg 2x per day for approximately 6 weeks. Or else allithiamine (not sure the dose though).
Thiamine hcl works just fine; you just have to take a higher dose of it. I take 2 grams of it a day. I tried to take the TTFD thiamine but it gave me a terrible headache so I stuck with thiamine hcl.

JamesGatz

Orange juice is great stuff! It's mainly the potassium and the anti-estrogenic things like naringen and naringinen in it that are what make it so great. And there's some vitamin C in there too.

One 8-ounce glass of 100% orange juice contains approximately 10% of the recommended Daily Value of thiamine. Thiamin Benefits and 100% Orange Juice | Florida Orange Juice | Florida Orange Juice

Lessee, according to the Powers that Be, the official RDA for thiamine is something like 1.4mg. So the glass of oj has maybe .014mg of thiamine in it. According to the video below, the official RDA is enough thiamine to maybe keep you breathing but no where near enough to keep you healthy.

Once you subtract the thiamine that is required to metabolize the sugar in the orange juice, you are probably left with zero if you're lucky.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkKmiZkiEPI

Very useful to know - may I know which brand you are taking ?

What could cause this?

My arm falls asleep at night from heavy metals in tuna or if I take aspirin or nettle without milk, or if I have orange or other citrus fruit or vitamin C suppliments without following it up with milk.