My Latest Results, And What Do You Honestly Think About Adrenal Issues?

Integra

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear about your issues with the adrenals. I had heart palpitations, I would wake up in the middle of the night having to use the bathroom even though I wouldn't have much liquid in my system, etc... I see that you mention in your post your sort of have three larger meals in the day.

As already mentioned, you might not be getting enough calories (esp. protein) and you might be deficient in anti-stress minerals (Ca, Mg) and vitamins (B-vits). Only you know how your body works and if dairy is an absolute no-no at this point, I would still offer some dairy-based options (cheeses) that could cause you less problems in the right combination with other foods. I think RP said somewhere that lactose intolerance (or dairy sensitivity) can be suprassed by finding a good brand with no added vitamins or eating dairy in small doses together with sugar (e.g. fruit).

I know that "eat small, frequent meals" almost sounds like a truism, but it could be very helpful. I know that, whenever I'd hear that advice, it made me go "yeah, yeah" and I never really honestly tried it, it's a bit hard eating if you work or have an active lifestyle when you're out and about most of the time, but then I invested an effort (really, effort) to eat more frequently and I gradually noticed some of the symptoms you mentioned disappear.

These snacks would be some of the following:

- milk + green grapes (seedless or remove the seeds)
- feta cheese + watermelon/cantaloupe
- cottage cheese + bananas (even though they're not ideal, this combination is really yummy)
- farm cheese + tomato (another tricky fruit if you are sensitive, but I handle it nicely)
- -gelatin cubes + a crunchy fruit

Oh, and bedtime ice cream, a good book, reducing screen time if you had a stressful day, taking a walk outside not because 'it's good for you' but just to enjoy it... All these can also be of help, too. I really hope you get better.

OP
E

Emstar1892

Hey m_arch :)

It's really hard to tell as I seem to be constantly pumping adrenaline. For instance, I woke up this morning and got 45, but now, as I'm sitting at my desk doing nothing, it's 69 (which is pounding for me). It's that horrible deep, hard heartbeat that you can hear in your ears and feel in your throat. Urgh.

In terms of my general state, it's not dire, and I no longer get crazy low blood sugars as I'm quite good with keeping macros balanced.

The problem is more cognitive than anything else - in my other, more recent thread I talk about this with regard to my adrenals. Basically it's very, very difficult to get going in the morning - I feel spaced out and numb, and until the late afternoon my memory is absolutely terrible and I get words confused. I also hear buzzing in my ears and my blood pressure drops like crazy at random times, especially when I'm upright. Frustratingly, when the late evening comes around I'm a lot better...but unfortunately, SO much better that I get all energized and can't sleep until 1/2am (and I get up at 6)...

It's like everything is back to front :(

But! There are people in much worse situations. I'm at work, doing a job, that says a lot.

OP
E

Emstar1892

Hey mstar, I remember reading your post ages ago. Curious how you're doing now? Has your pulse gone up?

I've found gummy blocks (sugar gelatin water) and ssodastream water have helped raise my pulse

Hey m_arch :)

It's really hard to tell as I seem to be constantly pumping adrenaline. For instance, I woke up this morning and got 45, but now, as I'm sitting at my desk doing nothing, it's 69 (which is pounding for me). It's that horrible deep, hard heartbeat that you can hear in your ears and feel in your throat. Urgh.

In terms of my general state, it's not dire, and I no longer get crazy low blood sugars as I'm quite good with keeping macros balanced.

The problem is more cognitive than anything else - in my other, more recent thread I talk about this with regard to my adrenals. Basically it's very, very difficult to get going in the morning - I feel spaced out and numb, and until the late afternoon my memory is absolutely terrible and I get words confused. I also hear buzzing in my ears and my blood pressure drops like crazy at random times, especially when I'm upright. Frustratingly, when the late evening comes around I'm a lot better...but unfortunately, SO much better that I get all energized and can't sleep until 1/2am (and I get up at 6)...

It's like everything is back to front :(

But! There are people in much worse situations. I'm at work, doing a job, that says a lot.

OP
E

Emstar1892

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear about your issues with the adrenals. I had heart palpitations, I would wake up in the middle of the night having to use the bathroom even though I wouldn't have much liquid in my system, etc... I see that you mention in your post your sort of have three larger meals in the day.

As already mentioned, you might not be getting enough calories (esp. protein) and you might be deficient in anti-stress minerals (Ca, Mg) and vitamins (B-vits). Only you know how your body works and if dairy is an absolute no-no at this point, I would still offer some dairy-based options (cheeses) that could cause you less problems in the right combination with other foods. I think RP said somewhere that lactose intolerance (or dairy sensitivity) can be suprassed by finding a good brand with no added vitamins or eating dairy in small doses together with sugar (e.g. fruit).

I know that "eat small, frequent meals" almost sounds like a truism, but it could be very helpful. I know that, whenever I'd hear that advice, it made me go "yeah, yeah" and I never really honestly tried it, it's a bit hard eating if you work or have an active lifestyle when you're out and about most of the time, but then I invested an effort (really, effort) to eat more frequently and I gradually noticed some of the symptoms you mentioned disappear.

These snacks would be some of the following:

- milk + green grapes (seedless or remove the seeds)
- feta cheese + watermelon/cantaloupe
- cottage cheese + bananas (even though they're not ideal, this combination is really yummy)
- farm cheese + tomato (another tricky fruit if you are sensitive, but I handle it nicely)
- -gelatin cubes + a crunchy fruit

Oh, and bedtime ice cream, a good book, reducing screen time if you had a stressful day, taking a walk outside not because 'it's good for you' but just to enjoy it... All these can also be of help, too. I really hope you get better.

Hey you! Thanks for all your advice :)

Hehe that all reminds me a bit of the Budwig protocol!

I really can't do dairy, sadly. I break out in huge, painful cysts all over my face and back. Even ignoring what that says about what it does to my insides, I also just don't need the added ugliness on top of everything else I'm going through.

Hopefully one day my metabolism will be strong enough to take dairy!

Jenn

If you are reacting badly to sugar, you are probably seriously potassium deficient....or eating a high cellulose diet and are breeding candida in the gut. The only "good" starch for someone who is potassium deficient is the potato. Not only does it have high potassium and mineral levels, it is an excellent vehicle for salt and it has high quality protein for those that have trouble getting enough in their diet. The best this I ever did for my body was live off potatoes for a while. You have to chew them until they dissolve (converting the starch into sugar in the mouth).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals