My lab test results...

Primal2Peat

Here are some of my lab test results. I welcome any feedback.

I've only been peating for about 6 weeks. Before that, I was eating tons of eggs and meat, along with a lot of dairy for 3 years. (Cured my colitis/crohns eating that way.) Everything was raw. I'm still consuming lots of raw milk, a little bit of OJ, homemade coconut cream (might switch to refined oil) beef liver or oysters every few days, and lots of gelatin and coffee. I cut out the muscle meats and eggs. I'm eating lots of raw honey, only used it in moderation before. I now eat equal amounts of sugar to protein of course.

I was salt-free those three years. So, I just started using salt the last 6 weeks.

Anyway, it's nice to see my iron is not too high, probably because I was eating a lot of dairy with my meat.

I'm a little concerned about my kidneys, but maybe that's because I'm consuming a lot of gelatin now? I

Again, I welcome any thoughts.

I will post more lab results as they come in.

Thanks.

Attachments

• My Comprehensive Lab Result.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 187
OP
P

Primal2Peat

I think I just discovered why my bun/creatinine ratio was high.

I lifted weights the day before the test, squats and deadlift at that.

So, I had a lot of muscle breakdown going on.

I will be sure not to lift weights before my test next time.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
P2P, did you get your serotonin and prolactin checked?

OP
P

Primal2Peat

Yes,

My prolactin was 5 (reference interval: 4 - 15.2)

My Seratonin was 93 (reference interval: 21 - 321)

Also, my fatty acids were high, .7 (RI: .1 - .6) I'm assuming that's because I had to fast for 12 hours for some of the tests.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Does Peat give a range he would like to see those in? I haven't seen any place that he has.

OP
P

Primal2Peat

All I have found so far is this: http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2012/8/2 ... cret-lives

Danny Roddy seems to group them into the antisex hormones along with estrogen.

I'm hoping that means it's good that mine are toward the lower end.

Reader Summary:

Like pulse and body temperature, libido (sex-drive) can be used as a contextual marker for health.
"Prosex" hormones are T3, pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA and testosterone.
"Antisex" hormones are serotonin, estrogen, cortisol, adrenaline, prolactin and aldosterone.
The energy structure of the cell, the mitochondria, is where anti- and prosex hormones are produced.
The vitality of the mitochondria and their ability to consume oxygen and produce energy determine what hormones ("pro- or antisex") are produced.
Active thyroid hormone (triiodothyronine, T3), vitamin A, enzymes, and cholesterol support the production of pro-sex hormones.
Factors in our environment that damage the mitochondria and inhibit their ability to use glucose and consume oxygen (the accumulation of unsaturated fats, the accumulation of iron, the absorption of endotoxin, a thyroid deficiency, etc.) increase the need for "antisex" adaptive hormones.
Restoring efficient energy production (supporting cellular respiration) is the first step in correcting a low libido.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Definitely the lower the better. Just wish we knew how low we are aiming for.

Ingenol

For the fatty acids test you are supposed to be in a fasted state, so the reference range accounts for that.