My Hot Body

Happycat

The last few nights, when I get into bed, I feel really hot and my body is also hot to the touch (husband confirmed). From the knees up to my chest it is hot, yet my hands and feet are cold. I didn't take my temperature, but I am sure it would have been over 37°C.

Whats is this, high cortisol/adrenaline , low thyroid?

Take your temperature you could be cooler than you think. I wake up very sweaty but am still not that warm.

Recoen

The last few nights, when I get into bed, I feel really hot and my body is also hot to the touch (husband confirmed). From the knees up to my chest it is hot, yet my hands and feet are cold. I didn't take my temperature, but I am sure it would have been over 37°C.

Whats is this, high cortisol/adrenaline , low thyroid?
I have had the same issue, I seem to waste heat to the environment, but my hands and feet are freezing. My husband says I’m a hot box then I touch him with my feet and he says how is that possible?
Ancestral Supplements thyroid has been helpful. I know Peat cautioned freeze dried livers use but it works for me. I have found I need more as we head towards winter.
Molybdate, Selenite, and Iodide (to the RDA) and Bs have helped keep my temp up too.

BrianF

Your headline is writing cheques that your post can't cash. Disappointed.

OP
Happycat

Happycat

Adrenaline. T3 is latest thing to work for me.

Thank you, I am suspecting thyroid issues, but I don't think T3 is easy to get in UK and not sure I want to go down this route yet.

managing

Try askinng around. Especially other UK members here. Most people find a way. But I am not the best source, as I travel to Mexico regularly, where I can just walk in to a pharmacy and ask for it.

Motif

Hi happycat!

I have the exact same issue and my girlfriends always told me how hot my skin feels. But my temperature is pretty low still. Strange, right?

If t3 works for you pls let me know!

I suspect a fat digestion issue in my case. When I took huge amounts of ox bile for that i did not get hot flashes, so you could try this too. I will just start again with it today and I’m adding some hcl betain.

I will let you know if it helps again. If so, it’s for sure my digestion that’s causing it

OP
Happycat

Happycat

@Motif interrsting you mentioned the fat digestion, I can never digest fats very well, the only exception being coconut oil.

I am sitting here with my sheepskin slippers on and my feet are like blocks of ice.

OP
Happycat

Happycat

Ok, so I checked my temperature during the 'feeling hot' spells: my forehead temp was 36.4, my armpit temp was 38, my abdomen was around 37.6.

Silly question, but is it possible that you can go hyperthyroid all of a sudden? I have been using my red/ infrared light every evening, could this be why I am having terrible adrenaline rushes, insomnia, I go to the bathroom often?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

rei

Red light stimulates metabolism, probably especially in the fascia.

Cold extremities is due to reduced circulation. Usually stress hormones are the blamed aspect, but chronic fascial tension i believe to be similarly important. If you use red light on the body it might increase temperature there but it still does not resolve the circulation issue to extremities. Red light on extremities will probably help, but to solve the issue you need to reduce the chronic fascial tension (or chronic stress hormones).

managing

Ok, so I checked my temperature during the 'feeling hot' spells: my forehead temp was 36.4, my armpit temp was 38, my abdomen was around 37.6.

Silly question, but is it possible that you can go hyperthyroid all of a sudden? I have been using my red/ infrared light every evening, could this be why I am having terrible adrenaline rushes, insomnia, I go to the bathroom often?
Adrenaline, yes. Hyperthyroid, no.

I am not doctor, you should not take my advice. In fact, view this as the ramblings of a madman, not advice.

OP
Happycat

Happycat

Red light stimulates metabolism, probably especially in the fascia.

Cold extremities is due to reduced circulation. Usually stress hormones are the blamed aspect, but chronic fascial tension i believe to be similarly important. If you use red light on the body it might increase temperature there but it still does not resolve the circulation issue to extremities. Red light on extremities will probably help, but to solve the issue you need to reduce the chronic fascial tension (or chronic stress hormones).

Makes perfect sense, just need to figure out how to get rid of this adrenaline. I don't feel like I am stressed, but my body seems to be stressed by something..it doesnt even make sense but that's how it feels.

Adrenaline, yes. Hyperthyroid, no.

I am not doctor, you should not take my advice. In fact, view this as the ramblings of a madman, not advice.

I appreciate the advice.
This is adrenaline, seems to get temporarily better with lots of food. But I can't keep on eating, especially during the night.

rei

I'm not talking about psychological stress here, but physiological, tension in the fascia, caused by postural damage (or adhesions, but ussually those only result in pain, not larger scale problems)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals