My hair grew back on TRT

Cooper

Had symptoms I attributed to low T, had a varicocele combined with high LH (and FSH), my SHBG was elevated (which can happen in a state of androgen defiency), and my free T was at the lower end for my age (25 years old, athletic and healthy). Also had hyperprolactinemia, which I control with dopamin agonist since October 2021, and galactorrhea and gynecomastia (likely caused by elevated prolactin and maybe progesterone).
Have you ever heard about PSSD, PFS, PAS? Take a look if you have used such related drugs before.

Ras

The only changes to my protocol is grapeseed and oliveleaf extract ED, and niacinamide once in a while. I’ve also included more turmeric/curcumin than usual, I know it can lower DHT, however I don’t think lower DHT is the reason behind my hair regrowth - since my SHBG is lower now and my free T is way higher now than before.

My bloodwork before TRT:
Total Testosterone: 778 ng/dl (350-870)
SHBG: 58 nmol/L (15-50)
Free Testosterone: 12 ng/dl (10-23)
LH: 16 IE/L (Ref. 2-8)
Estradiol: 89 pmol/L (<120)

My bloodwork after 8 weeks on 250mg Test C EW:
Total Testosterone: 1384 ng/dl
SHBG: 36 nmol/L
Free T: 35 ng/dl
LH: <0.2
Estradiol: 145 pmol/L

I haven’t checked my cortisol and ACTH after TRT, however before TRT they were elevated. Maybe the testosterone lowered these stress hormones? I will check for it next time. However I’ve started to experience some high E symptoms, like mild ED, and I’m now using aromasin to decrease my estradiol. So if my hair keep regrowing after I’ve lowered estrogen, then we can rule out estrogen as being the reason behind hair regrowth.
Why not reduce your dose of testosterone? Your current dose is supraphysiological.

Last edited:
OP
A

Alexanders

Have you ever heard about PSSD, PFS, PAS? Take a look if you have used such related drugs before.
I’ve heard of PSSD and PFS. But have never used SSRI nor finasteride. Never heard of PAS, what does that stand for?

Momado965

Increased DHT. Downstream conversion from the test. I've supplemented dht for several years now and it's only done good things for my hair. It's so ridiculous how they've convinced 99.9% of the population that DHT causes hair loss
Would you elaborate further?